(Topic ID: 166954)

Looking to buy my first (used) pin - Near r Detroit.

By KillerQ

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Bugsy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 3 years ago

Hey All,

I have the bug bad.... And need a real pinball machine! I'm looking for a 1970's Era, since that's all my trade offering will probably allow...

I have a pristine condition, Modern Pachinko machine in a custom cabinet to trade.... Anyone know of anything around the Detroit area?

***update*** I also have this, that I'll part with if the trade is decent for a more modern pin:

https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16834231644

Here's to hoping,

Thanks,

Matt

#3 3 years ago

I have a SS Bally Night Rider that could use some love, just outside of Detroit.

#4 3 years ago

Lol, oops.... Thanks!

#5 3 years ago

I'm thinking OP means EM and it autocorrected to "Embassy".

He had another thread where he considered a Zizzle, and was correctly swayed from doing so by the Pinside community.

OP - I'd recommend setting up a basic Craigslist search and then saving it as a favorite webpage. I find that more EM's are listed on CL than here on Pinside... but it may be different in your area as my Pinside and CL searches are based on up here in the Northeast.

A search of "Pinball" with a cap of $750 (knowing you can always negotiate down on CL prices) brings up a few results in the Detroit Metro area. I'd just search daily and when one comes up in decent working condition and good value, I'd pounce on it before anyone else can even get eyes on it. There are also some light cosmetic project early Solid State (SS) games that may come up in that search as well. I just don't know the Detroit pinball market at all but I wouldn't be surprised if a well playing but dirty Flash or something pops up.

Patience is key. Waiting for the right machine >>> buying the "right now" machine.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

I have a SS Bally Night Rider that could use some love, just outside of Detroit.

PM sent!

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I'm thinking OP means EM and it autocorrected to "Embassy".
He had another thread where he considered a Zizzle, and was correctly swayed from doing so by the Pinside community.
OP - I'd recommend setting up a basic Craigslist search and then saving it as a favorite webpage. I find that more EM's are listed on CL than here on Pinside... but it may be different in your area as my Pinside and CL searches are based on up here in the Northeast.
A search of "Pinball" with a cap of $750 (knowing you can always negotiate down on CL prices) brings up a few results in the Detroit Metro area. I'd just search daily and when one comes up in decent working condition and good value, I'd pounce on it before anyone else can even get eyes on it. There are also some light cosmetic project early Solid State (SS) games that may come up in that search as well. I just don't know the Detroit pinball market at all but I wouldn't be surprised if a well playing but dirty Flash or something pops up.
Patience is key. Waiting for the right machine >>> buying the "right now" machine.

Thanks for the advice... And you were right on the autocorrect, haha...

I appreciate it! I'll try and be patient.

#8 3 years ago

I'm selling a Bally 1976 Old Chicago for $750. I'm shopping it as we speak.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#9 3 years ago

PM sent.

#10 3 years ago

I replied. Thanks!

#11 3 years ago

I have a SS Night Rider and it's fun! Great starter pin to teach you basics.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 14.95
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 139.00
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 14.95
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Plastics
Maple Street Sign Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 10.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Lit Frames

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside