(Topic ID: 28745)

Looking to buy my first pinball machine for my new home - recommendations?

By ptownsheed

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Hey all-

I am buying my first home and it just must have a pinball machine in it! If you see my ratings I have rated a few of my favorite machines, but STTNG and Flash are a couple of my top favorites. I am looking for an affordable (under 2k) yet fun game that would be a good one to practice on and become a better pinballer. I am currently novice to moderately experienced. I do tend to like sci-fi or fantasy themes, but sports themes can also work for me. Any ideas? Anyone in OR, WA, CA got one they want to sell me to get me started? I am mostly likely looking for a SS, but I would consider an EM.

#2 11 years ago

DM
    TFTC
    JM
    HS2
    BK2K
    PB
    Fathom

I have a STTNG that I would entertain selling but it is not going to be near or under 2K.

Best of luck with your search

#3 11 years ago

I just picked up a DM as my first machine and love it! I've got maybe 75 games on it, theres always something new, and nothing has annoyed me yet. Mine is near mint, shopped, mostly led'd, and was within your budget.

#4 11 years ago

STTNG can need a bit of work to keep up and running from what I have seen.

#5 11 years ago

HS2, DM, JM, WCS, DH, Dr. Who, JD.

Lots of top 50 machines in that range.

#6 11 years ago

Cool stuff! Thanks for the suggestions!

#7 11 years ago

Buy a beater, so you're forced to learn repair instead of paying some schmuck 100$/hour to fix, clean, and restore your pins. Flash is a GREAT candidate for that....early solid state, it's the most produced pin in history, so it's ungodly cheap to buy.

#8 11 years ago

Who Dunnit is a pretty good game, and less than $2,000. That is what I have.

#9 11 years ago

Nothing for sale here, but you are welcome to come over and play and get an idea of what you like. I'm an hour or so south of you.

#10 11 years ago

I just sold a Flash. It was our first pin. I didn't get it fixed, but learned a LOT on it. Highly recommend it.

#11 11 years ago

Buy at least 2. You can't have just 1.Then 2 becomes 3 and 3 becomes 4 and so on. Pinball is very addicting.

I started with 2 in our finished basement then came in a 3rd and now all the furniture is gone and I am at 13 pins now. I can fit 2 more but it gets really cramped.

Make sure when you buy the new home that the room you plan on putting games in is at leats 2 times bigger than you think you will need.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

Make sure when you buy the new home that the room you plan on putting games in is at leats 2 times bigger than you think you will need.

Truth.

You cant have just one... Don't want them to get lonely when I'm at work

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-buy-my-first-pinball-machine-for-my-new-home-recommendations and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.