(Topic ID: 195856)

Looking to buy my first pin

By BobcatBowling

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waspinat0r.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from BobcatBowling:

Hi guys,
    I am looking to buy my very first pin. Grew up loving to play them in the arcades and now looking to add something special to my basement. Was trying to not spend a lot on a new machine, but if it makes sense I may go for a KISS Pro or Ghostbusters Pro if it makes sense. So I guess I have 2 big questions.
    1. If I buy NIB, what is the best means to do so while not spending more than I should be? I have read on here that dealers can be a nightmare and jack up the price but don't really do much work for it.
    2. If I am buying used, what are some good ideas keeping in mind that I am also trying to find something that everyone can relate to and enjoy at the same time? Theming can be important in this and I know this can skyrocket the price for some titles. My wife says she isn't fond of the games that went to a push button ball launcher (Me I am not as worried about this). I have perused around the site here, but feel like I am no closer to making a decision.
    HELP!!!

1. I highly recommend Trent from Tilt Amusements. He's always very helpful and an awesome Stern distributor.

2. That's a highly subjective question and entirely depends on your own personal playstyle and theme love I have had GoT (Loved), SW(Loved), TWD(Liked...), and Ghostbusters(Loved for a while, but ready to move it, so I'm selling it on pinside). I love all of those themes, and enjoyed all the games, but also found that my playstyle is more of an "on the fly" style instead of stop and go "sniping" like GB and TWD provide. there aren't too many newer games that only launch with a button other than the Spider Man home pin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waspinat0r.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-buy-my-first-pin?tu=waspinat0r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.