Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Pmaino
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Atreyu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

3k is kinda tough, but I'd say a Getaway High Speed 2

I think 3k is not all that tough actually. There are plenty of great games in this price range. The Shadow, Fish Tales, Terminator 2/3, World Cup Soccer, Dr. Dude, Party Zone, Elvira, etc...

Tell us more what you like and we can make more suggestions based on what you are interested in.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

All are great games but tough to get sub 3k, If I had to pick one The Shadow.

I promise I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I just picked up Fish Tales for 3K including a color DMD. Especially with Pmaino being on the East Coast, there are plenty of options for some great prices. Far better buyer's market than on the West Coast where I am.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pmaino:

Not really sure what I like to be honest. I used to play my buddies pinball machine Special Forces all the time in high school. That was a blast. My favorite machines that I played in arcades were Attack from Mars and Indiana Jones.
    I do enjoy when there are "missions" to accomplish during the game like there are in Medieval Madness.
    Hope this helps a bit.

Haha, you have some expensive taste! AFM and MM in particular are going to be some of the highest price game you can find, but there are plenty of other great games that you can get that sense of progression under 3k. Things that come to mind immediately are "The Shadow" as mentioned before. This can run a bit over 3k at times, but if you hunt, you should be able to find something. There are plenty of modes to light that give that progression sense. Another one that has very similar progression to AFM is Revenge from Mars. It's a Pinball 2000 game that has an animated screen reflected onto the playfield. It has a similar layout to Attack from Mars, but has the added layer of the "holograms" on the playfield. It doesn't tend to be as big of a hit gameplay wise as Attack, but it's still pretty cool.

You could actually still go for something a bit more old school like Eight Ball Deluxe, in which you are trying to complete the entire rack of balls and sink your eight ball while increasing your bonus multiplier. It doesn't have any "story" progression, but it is a progressive objective game.

OOH, Black Rose may be good if you can find it at a good price. It's all about blowing stuff up like in MM or AFM and has a ton of cool modes that are really satisfying.

Finally, check out the "bang for your buck" list here on pinside:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100/bangforbuck

Hopefully that helps a bit. Good luck with your search!

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballpete:

Under 3k is a great time to consider older games that have stood the test of time. Its possible that with games like Whirlwind, Funhouse, Taxi and other sytem 11s you could even buy 2 at the right price. Also two of my favorite cheaper DMD games are No Good Gophers, and Flintstones both which can be found under $3K. NGG is quite interactive, even more so than Medieval Madness. The pop up gophers and the slam ramp really are cool. Good luck on your hunt

Good call on NGG. Should have thought of that earlier.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

What's an RBION go for in the states? If you like mode based games that ones a deep home game with lots of modes.

RBION would be a great pick for him because it fits in with what he likes in a pin and just plays very well overall, but it would be a bit out of his price range (unless he is able to stretch a bit). Usually 3800-4500 is what I've seen for one of these.

#19 8 years ago

5K would get you some good NIB stuff, but seriously, newer does not necessarily mean better. Do not discount games just because they are old. Check out some of the games people have already mentioned. Maybe even pick up 2-3 good old cheapos then you will have some variety rather than being stuck on just one game. If you DO end up spending a bit more, Addam's Family is fantastic. Some may say overrated, but it is an immaculate game IMO.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Atreyu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-buy-first-pinball-machine?tu=Atreyu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.