Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by hank527
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GEDC0018 (resized).JPG
    3ccbf8167565954eba30ba2acd25eacf6befa3e9 (resized).jpg
    12204657_10208593836907513_1972587587_n (resized).jpg
    12167977_10208490364520768_1519277193_n (resized).jpg
    fe7296a3e8597a4a10f677470434889cc5d90d57 (resized).jpg
    12170639_10208490370200910_1026813658_n (resized).jpg
    16298852_10155047443232375_5394702777731971058_n (resized).jpg
    16299187_10155047445787375_6599913326216685780_n (resized).jpg
    16649473_10155062179652375_6844311593396586807_n (resized).jpg
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Hello

Im looking to buy a pinball collection from someone. Id like to purchase 10 games (DMD games preferably maybe some SS)

Either from a collector or from a route.

This will be in CO or close area.

does anyone have contacts to a route owner or someone with a large collection who may be looking to get out of the hobby.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

#2 7 years ago

I'd try JJ at Game Exchange

#3 7 years ago

Coinopwherehouse in Haggerstown, MD for routed games you wont be disappointed check them out on facebook!

#4 7 years ago

Just won on the lottery?

#5 7 years ago

Maybe realizes time commitment chasing collection one game at a time . I would have included brand of interest , theme ( space , music etc ) and condition if I was looking to retain a bulk buy . Enjoy the day !

#6 7 years ago

Did you get tired of the UP?
    My parents up there haven't complained about the weather recently, but they are probably just used to it by now.

#7 7 years ago

games do not need to be collector quality but in good shape and with a little work fully functional.

I'm really open to the titles.

Im just moved to the denver area thats why I'm looking for the collection.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from V8haha:

games do not need to be collector quality but in good shape and with a little work fully functional.
    I'm really open to the titles.
    Im just moved to the denver area thats why I'm looking for the collection.

You might want to give an approx budget you have in mind. I have had people ask to buy my collection thinking that its a lot smaller amount than what it actually is. And also, to some, a collection is 2 or 3 games, to others its 20+. Not that i plan to sell my collection but if someone is serious and starts throwing out a real value for it, i know that id consider, then have the fun of building it back up again

#9 7 years ago

ok

budget is $50,000

and I'm not looking to over pay for games i will be buying in bundle so i don't expect to pay top dollar.

Maybe this situation is better for someone who has a route

#10 7 years ago

It's the route operators who want the big bucks

Quoted from V8haha:

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from V8haha:

ok
    budget is $50,000
    and I'm not looking to over pay for games i will be buying in bundle so i don't expect to pay top dollar.

Hmmmm?

#12 7 years ago

Here's an option that might be easy: that budget would get you ~ 9 NIB Stern Pro. Buy 8 NIB Stern from a Distributor - and your new best friend - and find 2 more budget friendly DMD games.

Aerosmith
    Spiderman VE
    GOT
    GB
    TWD
    MET
    KISS

and if they have backstock you might be able to get a deal on WWE and Avengers.

People will rip my suggestion for having some games in here that they don't love, but if you're flexible on the titles like you say, I have a feeling a distributor might be able to make something work for you with the same ease - or more - as someone with a collection.

#13 7 years ago

Wow!! & I thought I jumped in neck deep ....... more power to Ya !!!!!!!

#14 7 years ago

I wish I had 50K to buy pins with! Why buy someone's collection when you can build your own collection? Go the the Marketplace and start a WTB thread with a list of titles you want. If NIB Sterns is your thing, then go that route. I'm not a huge fan of some of the new Sterns, and would be looking for 80s/90s titles, but there's a plethora of games for sale, and I'm sure someone will have what you want. It might not be from the same person, but you'll get titles you want at least, unless you don't really care and just want pinball?

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Here's an option that might be easy: that budget would get you ~ 9 NIB Stern Pro. Buy 8 NIB Stern from a Distributor - and your new best friend - and find 2 more budget friendly DMD games.
    Aerosmith
    Spiderman VE
    GOT
    GB
    TWD
    MET
    KISS
    People will rip my suggestion for having some games in here that they don't love, but if you're flexible on the titles like you say, I have a feeling a distributor might be able to make something work for you with the same ease - or more - as someone with a collection.

With a $50k budget, I would not waste your time with a bunch of stern machines. Take your time and get the games you want. Get some popular collectible ones (FH, TAF, MM, TZ, TS, etc....). Mix in a stern new game as well or a JJP.

Just my opinion...

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

With a $50k budget, I would not waste your time with a bunch of stern machines. Take your time and get the games you want. Get some popular collectible ones (FH, TAF, MM, TZ, TS, etc....). Mix in a stern new game as well or a JJP.
    Just my opinion...

Waste time. Lol!

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

Take your time and get the games you want.

This 100%
    Unless you are starting a route, what's the hurry?
    Half the fun is in the hunt, and waiting to find a pinball in good condition that does not require a ton of work is even better. Better to come up with a list of games you are interested in or you think are fun. Everyone's opinion will vary, but your opinion is what really matters. I have an Elvis that is looking to leave the building. I would consider trades up and down as well

#18 7 years ago

Taking some time to build your collection and buying games one by one is the way to go. I built a collection of 26 pins in two years. I bought the games one by one. Do a lot of research if you're not sure which games you will like. I've probably spent thousands of hours reading pinside and other website reviews, watching youtube videos, playing pinball arcade and other pinball video games to figure out which games I like best. Another good way to find out which games you like is to travel to pinball shows, arcades, and make friends with pinsiders. You can try out some of their games while letting them play your pins when you get them.

#19 7 years ago

I'd let my collection go for $150,000

#20 7 years ago

Unless you want to buy 50K worth of games now and they possibly are worth 42K in a year when you want to sell /rotate some, I also recommend the one at a time method. If you want a quick fix to get started, You may want to talk to Curley at Little Shop of Games. He had a MET prem and WD premium that were "show specials" for 6.5K each. That would be a great start and then follow the instructions above to find the rest. A great problem to have.

#21 7 years ago

The money is hard to get and the space to put them is be even harder for many. After hanging out at Pinside for a while and just watching the sales come and go, I can definitely say that if I had both the money and the space on hand and ready to go I could have built up a collection based on my wishlist pretty quickly just by picking them off here. Heck I could buy almost all of my wishlist right now just off what's currently for sale, even a lot of them locally. Snatch 'em up, go get them or have them shipped, set them up, play pinball! Man that would be cool.

Either way, you are in a good position. --envious-- Good luck getting a nice collection!

#22 7 years ago

I recently had an extra $50,000 +/- to buy pins with but never thought of trying to buy a whole collection. It has been way more fun finding and buying specific games I liked. I went to the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas and tried out a ton of games, including games I loved in the past to see if they still enthralled me and newer games that I'd never played. Then I made a list of the ones I wanted and have pretty much completed that list. I looked mostly here on Pinside or made contacts with local people to see who had the games I wanted. I also saved a bit just in case a new pin that I have to have is unveiled!

I believe your hope is to get a "deal" because you are buying in bulk? You might be able to save some money on shipping/transport but nobody here is going to undervalue their pins because you are buying more of them. This isn't Costco/Sam's Club, it's an expensive and serious hobby. Also, nobody is going to give you a tip of someone that is letting their pins go for bottom dollar because they will try to get some or all of that deal themselves! Most people aren't looking to get out of the hobby and might be selling 2-3 pins at a time at the most.

I think you'll be happier and have more fun if you piece your collection together to make it just how you want it. Just an opinion from someone that was recently in a similar boat. Good luck.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Did you get tired of the UP?
    My parents up there haven't complained about the weather recently, but they are probably just used to it by now.

I lived in the 'UP' for 9 years...Menominee, MI, about an hour north of Green Bay. Liked everything about it except for the damn ticks.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Aerosmith
    Spiderman VE
    GOT
    GB
    TWD
    MET
    KISS

On the one hand, I think this is a great suggestion. However, and please do not take this any other way than me just making an observation, with all of the problems there have been with NIB games over the past 18 months, wouldn't the OP just be opening himself up for a lot of headaches with all of the ghosting issues, etc. with NIB games?

#25 7 years ago

Its certainly possible, but depending on the seller, it's just a different set of issues. At least with a good distro, you have some sort of avenue to complain and remedy problems. Any distro you send 40k to should be incentivized to keep you happy. If OP uses my suggestion, they should get this worry on the table up front. "Hey, I'm worried about GB having ghosting issues. If it happens, this is what I want to happen immediately. (Full exchange for another stock GB or whatever)" Getting this agreement up front, and in writing, would be wise. Major qc issues seem to have been isolated to a couple of titles anyway.

I'm not saying my suggestion is the best, but depending on OPs desires, it's an option.

Some people do not enjoy "the hunt" and negotiating with 10 different sellers at all. For many, that would be a complete drain and suck all fun out of it. Dealing with shipping/moving 10x, dealing 10x, worrying about 10x the sellers honesty etc is zero fun for a lot of folks. If OP wants a bunch of games quickly, this is likely the case for OP. It's probably less about getting a great deal as it is the time savings and opportunity cost of doing it piece by piece.

It's clear that the hunt is 90% of the hobby for many pinsiders. I was that way with beer at one point. However, others just want to play pinball for awhile.

#26 7 years ago

There was a guy that had 50 machines listed on Craigslist several months ago that he was selling as a collection for 25k or thereabouts. I had posted a link to it, asking some questions, and several of the regulars on here seemed to know who the guy was. I am unable to find that link or thread, but if I remember correctly, the guy had the listing up for quite some time without any takers. Anybody remember who that was?

#27 7 years ago

I'd go to Lyons Pinball and talk to Kevin and Carole. They have a lot of experience buying games and might be able to give you some advice or share some connections. Just a thought...
    \

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

Coinopwherehouse in Haggerstown, MD for routed games you wont be disappointed check them out on facebook!

Definitely would not recommend this......

#29 7 years ago

I have a nice collection of mostly new and restored pins id think about letting go around your price but im on other side of the country unfortunately.....

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Definitely would not recommend this......

Can second that. Not the way to go. Not saying anything wrong with them but they just flip pins as found. So you could end up with a nightmare of repairs.

#31 7 years ago

I call BS, OP has not even responded back to this thread.

#32 7 years ago

Serious question - why do you want to do this this way?

#33 7 years ago

Yea but he would get a lot more for his money and the more pins the better! Coinopwherehouse has nearly HUO pins to!

#34 7 years ago

I'm sure he has repair people near him, do you really think he wont need repairs anyways It's pinball dude lol?

#35 7 years ago

I would venture out on my own and dig threw craigs list, or find a local vendor he might actually give you a deal. The one thing I consistently see here are collectors just getting rid of their junk, usually the better tittles are way overpriced and heavily manipulated/repaired. If you want to find some good deals craigs list is the only way in my opinion. Here's a great link that lets you search every craigslist listing nationwide! Good luck dude!

http://www.searchcraigslist.org/

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

Yea but he would get a lot more for his money and the more pins the better! Coinopwherehouse has nearly HUO pins to!

Ive never seen a pin at coinopwarehouse any wear near the condition of my pins. Belive me ive tried to buy from them on many occasions since i live right beside them. In all cases the prices were way to high for the condition . In most cases i can purchase a much nicer pin with lots of nice upgrades that all works , cheaper than they sell non working fresh off route/Warehouse find pins.

#37 7 years ago

I've seen and bought plenty from them, I follow their Facebook page religiously and can site at least 3 bigtime collectors here on pinside who has bought A list pins from Lloyd. I know for a fact right now he has at least 10-20 pins that work perfectly have no pf wear and in in excellent condition. I've been dealing with him for over 10 years now back when I was flippin arcades mainly.

#38 7 years ago

Lots of peoples definition of nice condition is different. Ive lived right beside them forever. He has gotten decent stuff but the prices are way to much imo. I have a friend that bought 4 pins from him that were supposed to be all working and great condition out of a home...... well they weren't no where near great condition imo but my friend didn't know any better till he saw my collection. Then he realized what cq condition was lol. Your the first person ive ever heard that from and i know people who deal with him all the time. But if your happy that's all that matters but i wouldn't recommend them for anything pin related....

#39 7 years ago

You should go to the new wherehouse, the majority of there working games are not sold off Facebook and are in there showroom, working Strikes & Spares $1,450, Teed Off Working $1600, Dracula working $2650, Riplys $3,000, its all time and place and these are not the ones in the showroom which are better. And I can tell you if he would spend that kind of money and take the time to go over each one of these pins it would be a deal for sure! I saw a revenge from Mars he had last month for $2,400 from him and missed it by 10 min it was beautiful!

16649473_10155062179652375_6844311593396586807_n (resized).jpg16649473_10155062179652375_6844311593396586807_n (resized).jpg

16299187_10155047445787375_6599913326216685780_n (resized).jpg16299187_10155047445787375_6599913326216685780_n (resized).jpg

16298852_10155047443232375_5394702777731971058_n (resized).jpg16298852_10155047443232375_5394702777731971058_n (resized).jpg

#40 7 years ago

You ob

Quoted from bigd1979:Lots of peoples definition of nice condition is different. Ive lived right beside them forever. He has gotten decent stuff but the prices are way to much imo. I have a friend that bought 4 pins from him that were supposed to be all working and great condition out of a home...... well they weren't no where near great condition imo but my friend didn't know any better till he saw my collection. Then he realized what cq condition was lol. Your the first person ive ever heard that from and i know people who deal with him all the time. But if your happy that's all that matters but i wouldn't recommend them for anything pin related....

You obviously have had some problems with him in the past and I am sorry for that, but dude my standards of condition are probably no different than yours I've actually cleared a few pfs and hammered inserts in that doesn't make me any more special then the next guy who just wishes and waxes. You need to be realistic these games are ment to be played and I don't care how beautiful you pin is it will break down on you as much as the next one. Finding a good condition game is not hard with patience and persistence. Have you been to the pinball shows and seen the absolute junk they try and peddle there, you will never win with collectors. There's no rhyme or reason to what comes in or out its just being there in the right place at the right time that's sales.

#41 7 years ago

Ant for a guy like him who has his pick of the litter and a secret stash of games it takes money to get him to come off that, money talks and deals get done...alliances are formed lol.

#42 7 years ago

This is my definition of beauty, 10 coats of lacquer sanding between each coat...do I pass the test I know I'm an ugly chud but I do amazing work lol.

12170639_10208490370200910_1026813658_n (resized).jpg12170639_10208490370200910_1026813658_n (resized).jpg

fe7296a3e8597a4a10f677470434889cc5d90d57 (resized).jpgfe7296a3e8597a4a10f677470434889cc5d90d57 (resized).jpg

12167977_10208490364520768_1519277193_n (resized).jpg12167977_10208490364520768_1519277193_n (resized).jpg

12204657_10208593836907513_1972587587_n (resized).jpg12204657_10208593836907513_1972587587_n (resized).jpg

3ccbf8167565954eba30ba2acd25eacf6befa3e9 (resized).jpg3ccbf8167565954eba30ba2acd25eacf6befa3e9 (resized).jpg

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

You should go to the new wherehouse, the majority of there working games are not sold off Facebook and are in there showroom, working Strikes & Spares $1,450, Teed Off Working $1600, Dracula working $2650, Riplys $3,000, its all time and place and these are not the ones in the showroom which are better. And I can tell you if he would spend that kind of money and take the time to go over each one of these pins it would be a deal for sure! I saw a revenge from Mars he had last month for $2,400 from him and missed it by 10 min it was beautiful!

These are not very good deals considering the condition and especially bc they all need completely torn down and shopped out. U can get a unfaded ,shopped out bsd with nice mods for this price. U can get huo rbion shopped with mods and without flipper button wear for 3k. Teed off with topper lol. shopped with no issues for under 1500. Definitely much better places to purchase pins but if u like buying from them cool... but most collectors i know including myself rarely will anymore bc the prices vs condition isnt viable.

#44 7 years ago

You have no Idea about that and neither do I without seeing them in person, a good cleaning and new rubber most likely. Hang tight I want to tell you a funny story...

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

You have no Idea about that and neither do I without seeing them in person, a good cleaning and new rubber most likely. Hang tight I want to tell you a funny story...

Trust me they all need shopped....only time they possibly may not is when it comes from a home but even then they usually need work bc he dont buy from collectors like are on here. Ive bought stuff before and looked at alot and his descriptions are way off from mine trust me. Not to say every now and then theres a deal but its rare. Ask most on here that have delt with them about their8 experiences. I will try to dig up some of the threads .... lol. Most are rough experiences

#46 7 years ago

Yea but your missing the point theres different levels of shopping, LED's rubbers and cleaning are the most common, I think this guy could handle that he has 7 pins.

I use to run a vintage toy store right near you in Wheaton, MD The Toy Exchange For 15 years I worked there had my pick of the litter on anything I ever wanted had way too much doah invested, I got on this kick to collect all the original 12back Star Wars figures mint on the card. So I bought what I thought was the mintiest Darth Vader MOC, a few yearl later we bought a huge collection and there was another one even better, then another one I must have gone threw at least 7-8 of them finally I sent it off to AFA to be graded came back an 85, about two days later after wasting a bunch of time and paying way too much money this little old lady came in and starting unwrapping these figures she bought back in '77 they were in grocery bags I'll never forget it, and low and behold guess what...case fresh MOC Vader! Finally I came to the realization how insane I was driving myself, sold that minty vader to a patriot of the store and guess whats still sitting on my shelf that AFA85, sometimes you just have to love the stuff you have and be content with it. True you make your money when you buy, but if your doing it for the money then your doing it wrong. Do you really think if someone comes over to your house there going to complain about a slightly raised insert or laugh the whole time while there getting supers and having a blast. That's what it's all about brotha just enjoy it man, someone always is going to have a nicer version of your pins. Somewhere out there there's a guy who hasen't left his house for months reading this now with probably 3 TZ's never removed from the box just laughing, but is he happy lol

#47 7 years ago

Case and point TNT...Todd I'm his biggest fan truely a kindred spirit! I'm in video#954, the most scrutinized re-seller out there because of his fast turn around methods, did you see this HUO BOP prob 1 of 10 known, still needed the basics (leds, new rubber & good cleaning) It's just a givin with any machine. If I were to buy any machine I would first change out the rubber I do it every 3 months on any pin I'm playing at the time.

#48 7 years ago

He's right, stay away from Lloyd at coin op whorehouse. He's a thief and a liar. Pulled a bait and switch on me. Should have had him arrested for fraud.

#49 7 years ago

I'm sure it was a misunderstanding these things happen when you sell thousands of items for 20 years. I'm a great judge of character and hate crooked people and bullies with a passion you have no idea. You are misjudging him sir.

#50 7 years ago

I thought this was a place of good natured optimistic people with a similar "Star Trek" mentality but lately all it seems like to me is just people trying to bash others so they feel superior in some way. I want to be here conversing with you guys I've never felt like I belonged in a group so much as pinheads but I mean who can compete with this constant negative onslaught again and again and again it's human nature I suppose. Stan Lee so powerfully said if everyone had the same color skin on earth somehow someway the redheads would fight with the brown hair people and they would fight with the black hair people and blond people it's human nature.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-buy-a-pinball-collection?hl=jlebowski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.