Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ButtonMash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Let me know what you have, looking for games like FT, JM, JP ect. In that price range. Thanks Mike Paris

#2 11 years ago

Morning bump

#3 11 years ago

i just read this post over on klov re a JP that is going to be for sale at the SOCAL auction next weekend..... kinda cool.......

Rare Jurassic Park Pinball (Neil Falconer)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check this out, this was Neil Falconer's personal Jurassic Park Pinball machine. You can see the sticker on it in the 5th photo, with one with the glass still on the machine. It's being sold at the So Cal Capt's auction warehouse on Nov 3rd.

http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/phot...photo=14907033

In case you are wondering who Neil Falconer was, he was the person who did the software for this pinball machine and many others and was tragically killed in an auto accident earlier this year:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/rrs...04#fbLoggedOut

#4 11 years ago

Links don't work.

#5 11 years ago

CAPTAIN'S AUCTION WAREHOUSE

Next Auction
    Saturday, November 3rd, 2012 11:00am
    Doors open at 9:00am
    150+ Coin-Op Arcade Games, Pinball Machines, Bulk Vending Machines & More

4421 East La Palma Ave.
    Anaheim Ca, 92807
    714-701-9486

http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/photo.php?photo=14907033&date=Nov-03&time=13:00

#6 11 years ago

Good luck getting a pin for a good price at Captain's....it's a good place to sell one, not buy.

#7 11 years ago

I agree, especially when he has his own guys bidding against you.

#8 11 years ago

It's a great place to get a standup arcade machine for super cheap, or a pool table. Just not really any deals to be had on pins. I also heard they encourage the sellers to to bid on their own machines to drive up the price to where they want it.

#9 11 years ago

Unfortunately, that's how 99.9% of all auctions work.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

Good luck getting a pin for a good price at Captain's....it's a good place to sell one, not buy.

Hm...maybe I should bring something lol

#11 11 years ago

how much do you guys think Neil's JP will go for??

including fees, handling, shill bidding, etc?

#12 11 years ago

More than it's worth.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

how much do you guys think Neil's JP will go for??
    including fees, handling, shill bidding, etc?

At least 3k?

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Hm...maybe I should bring something lol

ha, are we going?

#15 11 years ago

ha, are we going?

Might be interesting to see the JP & DE Frank ....I'm assuming the other DE/Sega games there are Neil's too?

#16 11 years ago

greg... bring the spidey

Quoted from Rarehero:

Might be interesting to see the JP & DE Frank ....I'm assuming the other DE/Sega games there are Neil's too?

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

greg... bring the spidey

....straight to your house? Hehe.

Do you still have a pin budget after your mad tear?

#18 11 years ago

the Frankenstein they have listed also says it's a prototype...anyone know anything about that?

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from ButtonMash:

the Frankenstein they have listed also says it's a prototype...anyone know anything about that?

Someone posted about it here or on RGP or something a few weeks ago. Looks like it was developed as a DE before DE switched to Sega. It seems to make sense that it was also Neil's game.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Someone posted about it here or on RGP or something a few weeks ago. Looks like it was developed as a DE before DE switched to Sega. It seems to make sense that it was also Neil's game.

game any good? And how is it rare when 3,000 where produced?

#21 11 years ago

hehe.... i need some time to recoup.... still recovering from the acdc

Quoted from Rarehero:

....straight to your house? Hehe.
    Do you still have a pin budget after your mad tear?

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wise_Guy:

game any good? And how is it rare when 3,000 where produced?

It's rare cuz it has the DE logo on the cabinet. Frank normally has a Sega logo.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It's rare cuz it has the DE logo on the cabinet. Frank normally has a Sega logo.

Oh ok thx for the reply rarehero

#24 11 years ago

Quoted from twinmice:

I agree, especially when he has his own guys bidding against you.

It's a great place to get a standup arcade machine for super cheap, or a pool table. Just not really any deals to be had on pins. I also heard they encourage the sellers to to bid on their own machines to drive up the price to where they want it.

Thanks for the heads up! I was going to make the 8 hour round trip to check it out, but if it's not on the up and up.... I'm tapping out.

Quoted from B8nkr:

Unfortunately, that's how 99.9% of all auctions work.

I disagree. I've gotten some amazing goodies for cheap at auctions in the area. (Not pinball)

#25 11 years ago

8 hours worth of gas + buyer's premium + tax = probably not worth it if you're only going for DMD pins

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-buy-a-pin-in-or-near-so-cal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.