(Topic ID: 178596)

Looking to buy a new TV. Any suggestions?

By Noobee

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0091 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0090 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider procrastinator.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 7 years ago

Just got the LG c6p 65', and happy I went with oled. You could have a 55 oled and Bose cinemate soundbar/woofer for just a tad over $3k. Otherwise there is a ton of great options right now, especially with SUHD 55-65 Tv's running between $800-1400 depending on brand. Any of the major brands are solid, and out of the dozen newer models tv's I have, there have been no issues (minus a simple wifi board in Samsung).

#52 7 years ago

The only issue is 4K hdr tv's aren't that expensive anymore. Hell, a lg or Samsung 55 4K hdr tv starts at $600-700. With some of the advanced options they can get up towards $1300-1500, but most tv's are drastically inexpensive today compared to what they were just a year or two ago. The only exception being OLED because it is just an insanely better step above led displays

#62 7 years ago

With LG's new OLED model coming out, does the older 6p series come way down in price? Honestly I want another one for my game room, but if I can wait and save a bunch I would. Also, the new LG OLED having the ribbon cable run to the sound bar/processor is cool, but then you are stuck with the LG sound bar? 6p's still seem like the way to go. OLED has come down a bunch, but does any one think they will continue the slide in price? Like myself and others have said, OLED is incredible. Even CNET's review gave the OLED picture a almost perfect rating, which was unheard of according to the author. Really cool tech for sure, and a lot cheaper than the days of the $20k 11 inch Sony OLED.

#66 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I only get Best Buy's black tie service and only if it's the tippy top dollar tv. Also because I can usually haggle it to be included with the purchase.

I bought a warranty one time in my life and it was on a $3500 Samsung. With 3 months left on the warranty, a board went out in the tv and Geek squad wasn't able to repair it after trying 3 times. Best Buy finally gave me a full purchase price store credit for $3500, after owning the tv for 3 years. Not a typical warranty replacement, but I was pretty impressed. Tv's are so durable now a days that I haven't bought another warranty since, but sometimes it can definitely pay off.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider procrastinator.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-buy-a-new-tv-any-suggestions?tu=procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.