(Topic ID: 178596)

Looking to buy a new TV. Any suggestions?

By Noobee

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0091 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0090 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoby1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

Funny thing, not so funny for me....
    Last two samsung tvs I bought both broke in less than 4 years. Both developed a power supply issue and wouldn't power up. I replaced the power supply in the first one ($110) for the part. Went out again 2weeks later. Went out and bought a new one and here we are 3 1/2 years later and guess what.....same thing. Both big expensive tvs.for me, I'm done with samsung.
    Bought a Sony this time. I'll let you know in 4 years if it's still working.
    Also if you plan on doing any online gaming make sure you get one with low input lag (nothing to do with refresh rate) as most newer tvs suck when it comes to this feature. All that picture enhancing stuff really slows things down, and when your pushing buttons on your ps4 or Xbox and those things don't immediately happen you'll know you bought a tv with considerable input lag. Also remember just because a tv has a game mode, dosnt mean it's gonna have low Imput lag. Putting a tv in game mode lessens the picture quality and in some models dosnt even bring the input lag down to acceptable levels. Only a couple of models actually have low input lag, they can be found by googling (low input lag tv gaming). 30 ms or less under 20ms is the best.
    When it comes to gaming, nothing does it better than plasma, except court tvs. What sucks is both of these have run their course and have gone the way of the dinasaur.

I also replaced a few P/Supplies on Samsung TVs. But for about 100 bucks its no big deal. Better than spending a few
    thousand.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoby1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-buy-a-new-tv-any-suggestions?tu=hoby1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.