(Topic ID: 178596)

Looking to buy a new TV. Any suggestions?

By Noobee

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0091 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0090 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cougtv.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 7 years ago

I would get the Sony xbr65x930d and stay away from curved unless never watching it from the side. I fix them all and if not Sony I would look at Samsung or lg. Sharp makes the worst stuff out there. Go to a friend's house and get them to put a football or basketball game on and look at it from the side. The geometry will be off.
    Note: companies make special cheapend models or versions (denoted by sn) for Costco / sams club / bjs. Other special models for target / Walmart (parts are more common for these two than box store models). The 930d is immune to this to the best of my knowledge. Good luck!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cougtv.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-buy-a-new-tv-any-suggestions?tu=cougtv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.