(Topic ID: 178596)

Looking to buy a new TV. Any suggestions?

By Noobee

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0091 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0090 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Noobee:

I was wondering about this. My router is on the main floor. Running an Ethernet cable might be problematic. Is there any issue with length of cable?

Get one with wifi. I have the LG 4K 50" and its wifi is great. All the streaming is good. No buffering at all.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Wireless should be fine on any tv. My whole house is on wireless and it works fine as long as nobody is using up all the bandwidth. I helped my dad get a tv recently and was surprised on how much tv you can get for the money. I wouldn't spend to much and just get something that looks good. In a few years, there will be stuff that looks better and cost less anyways.

Agreed. I've bought the best of the best before and it's overrated. Everything is so damn good now that buying economical models of good brands is the way to go.

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

sad to see nodoby has said it yet...
    Screw the TV and buy another pin!
    How much TV do you actually watch? In out household it is under 2hrs a week. I would rather put my spare $$$ in more pins

Ha. Our house it's on unless we're sleeping.

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

OLED is amazing. I'll never buy another TV unless it's an OLED or a cheapy for the shop.

But is it really that much of a difference than a nice LED 240 hertz tv? I'm having trouble noticing bug jumps in picture quality anymore.

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Buy something big and cheap. Don't be stupid enough to buy an "extended warranty." Even if it breaks in 3 years you'll be better off buying something new that's bigger and cheaper.

I only get Best Buy's black tie service and only if it's the tippy top dollar tv. Also because I can usually haggle it to be included with the purchase.

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from Procrastinator:

I bought a warranty one time in my life and it was on a $3500 Samsung. With 3 months left on the warranty, a board went out in the tv and Geek squad wasn't able to repair it after trying 3 times. Best Buy finally gave me a full purchase price store credit for $3500, after owning the tv for 3 years. Not a typical warranty replacement, but I was pretty impressed. Tv's are so durable now a days that I haven't bought another warranty since, but sometimes it can definitely pay off.

That's exactly what should've happened. If they have to repair the tv three times you get store credit for the full purchase price. Pretty much the only extended warranty coverage I think is worth it. Basically no questions asked.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-buy-a-new-tv-any-suggestions?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.