Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fuse_agugd.jpg

#1 13 years ago

I probally wont have the money till june but id really like a JD for my 20th birthday send me some offers.

#2 13 years ago

You are located where?

#3 13 years ago

Make sure you get the "deadworld" mod for it

You can buy it here http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_8&products_id=136. It's suppose to make the game that much better

#4 13 years ago

Maldoror im located in MA

Donnyman-
The dead world mod was how the game was originally supposed to play but the people at williams decided last second to get rid of it because they didnt want the balls to get stuck on it if it broke.

#5 13 years ago

ahh good to know wes2989 thanks for that info

#6 13 years ago

Hey!
There's a JD on Craigslist in pensacola Fl. for $350.00. The guy's name is Jason @ 8503934250

#7 13 years ago

Well if i didnt live 1500 miles away that would be a good deal. I could ask my brother who lives in orlando to get it for me but still i dont think i can come up with that money.

#8 13 years ago

350 is a steal if it is legit and not trashed. Have your brother go look at it, then call NAVL and have them freight it to you for 200 or so bucks.

550$ is still a great deal for a JD.

The wpc boards alone in there are worth close to that

#9 13 years ago

Maldoror, or anyone will NAVL pack and pallet it for you as well. I curious so I can go outside of my state when Im on craigslist for a pin

#10 13 years ago

Like i said i wont have money till june so thers no point.

#11 13 years ago

With NAVL you don't need to pack it or anything though it would be recommended. But, in all likelihood it's going to be closer to $350 not $200. I just did NAVL from VA to CO and it was $400 but that included $35 of extra insurance, standard insurance is $1,500.

#12 13 years ago

Well i don't think it needs any insurance if its already broken lol. Can you put it in from florida to MA.

#13 13 years ago

Both of the machines I've sold to the collector in Germany were picked up by North American Van Lines. Like people said they do all the pallet and wrapping work although not usually on site. They will even break it down (if you show them how) and wrap the glass parts separately. Those would be the ones you'd want insurance for. A new backglass or even a playfield glass would be expensive on a $350 purchase. If that price is out of your range you might be looking for quite a while on that first machine. Also as a word of advice NEVER EVER USE DHL !!! .

#14 13 years ago

When a game doesn't turn on what does that usually mean?

#15 13 years ago

Step one: plug it in. Seriously. You would be surprised how many people are that stupid.
Step two: replace all the fuses.
Then the test points on the Power Driver board. If nothing on these then the transformer is probably bad. Also check the line filter where the power cord comes into the cabinet.
If some of the test points have nothing or are out of spec, then the Bridges and maybe the resistors are shot. If there is power at the test points but not at the playfield and or backbox then one of the new fuses is likely still bad (Happened to me twice) or there is a break in the wire.

#17 13 years ago

one of these suckers

fuse_agugd.jpgfuse_agugd.jpg

LOL wow thats a bigger image then I thought

#18 13 years ago

Not on my phone, looks a bit small. Guess time to visit the mobile phone salesman

#19 13 years ago

Oh yeah. Forgot about that fuse. lol. It would be 8 Amps for US.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-buy-a-jd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.