Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jar155
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bowser (resized).jpg
    CE2AC615-AAD8-4F14-8062-CF2D54E8E27A (resized).png
    IMG_0502 (resized).JPG
    03071C83-E8CD-43D5-BE68-6C7E7F900B29 (resized).jpeg
    6FFA1509-F59B-45A7-AA37-9D20DE50A55F (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0809 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1154 (resized).JPG
    otto (resized).jpg
    20170222_113940_1511192600662 (resized).jpg
    Riddles (resized).jpg
    20171118_164011-1-1 (resized).jpg
    jdog (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    20170608_115016 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

There are a handful of GR breeders in MN, but I see they call out the cream color almost separately.

http://www.sunsetvalleyretrievers.com/

http://www.mygoldenopportunities.com/

I have a red lab, and had a few recommend the breeder we picked, which helps. Before the lab we were looking at English style Golden’s, there is a breeder down the road from us but I don’t see much of the cream colored.

There was a lady at the dog park who had a “white” Golden that was just friendly as all get out, however once the temp dropped I haven’t seen her come, should of asked where she got him from.

Are you looking to get on a puppy list or immediately adopt?

#9 6 years ago

So those almost white goldens are called cream? or do they have a white golden?

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Yea, it says Dec. 1st, 6th, and 12th they have litters they are expecting from 3 different females. The price is $2,200 seems kinda steep?

My red lab was ~$2k for first choice of the litter and a male.... kinda just said, you get what you pay for and what you want. But it is expensive :/

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

If you just want one as a pet companion, I recommend going to visit the breeder and see what the parent dogs look like. If they have the physical characteristics you would like to see in your dog then one of their puppies is probably a good choice. Goldens generally have great family friendly personalities so you are not likely to have any problems there.

+1. I also recommend. We visited the breeder 2-3 times before taking out pup home. 1 was to check the breeder, get an idea of their process and dogs, 2, see the parents on the litter we wanted etc. and then meet the pups from the litter.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Sheesh. I paid $500 for our purebred (clean genetic history and fully papered) golden retriever. That was for a male. I was able to meet both parents and they were beautiful and calm dogs.
    Fantastic dog, by the way. I've owned several breeds, and there's simply nothing better than a golden retriever for a family dog. They're highly intelligent and I don't think there's a dog with a better temperament.
    Here's Ridley (named after the villain in the Metroid series).

Have you had a lab? I'm curious about a golden vs a lab...they seem fairly on par with each other, one with long hair and one short. But those were the two breeds my wife and I were looking at before we picked a lab.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I have owned a golden and my brother has had labs. They do have similar personality traits. I feel that labs are more athletic so that is something to factor in if you want to have an active dog.

.....I'll remember that for the next dog. He is very.....mmm excited to run Great dog and has calmed down, but he is a family dog, not hunting, so a golden would of maybe been a great choice as well. As a puppy I swore I wouldn't get another lab, but @#$#@$ they are cute little bastards, great when they are tired

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-buy-a-golden-retriever?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.