Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jar155
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bowser (resized).jpg
    CE2AC615-AAD8-4F14-8062-CF2D54E8E27A (resized).png
    IMG_0502 (resized).JPG
    03071C83-E8CD-43D5-BE68-6C7E7F900B29 (resized).jpeg
    6FFA1509-F59B-45A7-AA37-9D20DE50A55F (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0809 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1154 (resized).JPG
    otto (resized).jpg
    20170222_113940_1511192600662 (resized).jpg
    Riddles (resized).jpg
    20171118_164011-1-1 (resized).jpg
    jdog (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    20170608_115016 (resized).jpg
    There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Agree totally, and I am adopting a dog today looks like. He isn't what I originally set out to get but he got my heart the first time that i laid eyes on him. He's even overweight and has a medical issue, but he needs help and I want to help him. I've actually been laughed at and told that I shouldn't get him by a several people and i can only imagine what is being said behind my back. It's ok though because the joy and love that me and this guy are going to give each other is all going to be worth it in the end. He just needs a chance that nobody except me is willing to give him. He's been in the shelter for over 3 months, and today he is finally going to get the home and the family that he deserves looks like.

Post some pics of him when you get him home!

#52 6 years ago

Kavon kennels specialize in light goldens http://www.kavonkennels.com/

03071C83-E8CD-43D5-BE68-6C7E7F900B29 (resized).jpeg03071C83-E8CD-43D5-BE68-6C7E7F900B29 (resized).jpeg

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bantam:

Kavon kennels specialize in light goldens

He's a twin to my dog!

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Post some pics of him when you get him home!

I hate to report back with what I am going to tell you guys but im not a liar either so I'm going to tell you what happened and try to make this long story short if possible. I looked at the Basset Hound that we had the adoption pending on and liked him but still had my mind made up to take Earnest Tubbs the Beagle. So I took Earnest out and played with him for 30 minutes and decider I was going to take him. His medical condition is looking really good and he's actually very happy too and when I took him back inside, he was actually glad to be going back to his little kennel or pen whatever u call it.

I told the lady that I was gonna take Earnest probably but that I wanted to take the Basset out of his cage and take him for a walk outside and get to know him just to be sure of my decision. We lost our Basset hound 4 months or so ago...had to put him to sleep and we are still heartbroken over him. I've been trying to adopt a Basset but they are very hard to come by and they literally NEVER show up at a shelter. Anyway this Basset is a really great dog also and we really liked him and I could tell my gf liked him better than the beagle so because of how hard they are to come by and stuff we ended up taking him because we felt like we just couldn't pass him up.

We don't get him for a week because he's got to be nuteured and micro chipped first. Right now I am sitting here with a blank face and not as happy as I should be for a guy that just found one unbelievablely awesome dog. I am really sad and beating myself up alot right now, I wont.lie to you. I shouldn't have said that I was going to get Earnest until after I adopted him but I was 99% sure that I was going to get him and I was happy about helping him.

To anyone that gets mad and downvotes me, honestly I do not blame you if you do becsuse I'm more than a little upset with myself right now as well. I should have just kept my mouth shut about Earnest and not said anything until it happened, but I was excited. The good news is though that I am going to keep tabs on Earnest and if he does not get adopted really soon, we are going to go get him and take him in. This was a super tough decision that I made and honestly it felt nearly as bad as the day I lost my dog a few months back. This is not a happy day guys at all. Please don't pound on me too hard because I feel bad enough already believe me.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

He's a twin to my dog!

Cool! Same breeder?

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

The good news is though that I am going to keep tabs on Earnest and if he does not get adopted really soon, we are going to go get him and take him in.

Thank you. I'm so glad Earnest will have a happy ending.

Best wishes with your Basset. He's one lucky dog. ( who might need a buddy Beagle )

LTG : )

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I hate to report back with what I am going to tell you guys but im not a liar either so I'm going to tell you what happened and try to make this long story shot if possible. I looked at the Basset Hound that we had the adoption pending on and liked him but still had my mind made up to take Earnest Tubbs the Beagle. So I took Earnest out and played with him for 39 minutes and decider I was going to take him. His.medical condition is looking really good and he's actually very happy too and when I took him back inside, he was actually glad to be going back to his little kennel or pen whatever u call it.
    I told the lady that I was gonna take Earnest probably but that I wanted to take the Basset out if his cage and take him for a walk outside and get to know him just to be sure of my decision. We lost our Basset hound 4 months or so ago...had to put him to sleep and we are still heartbroken over him. I've been trying to adopt a Basset but they are very hard to come by and rhey literally NEVER show up at a shelter. Anyway this Basset is a really great dog also and we really liked him and I could tell my gf liked him better than the beagle so because of how hard they are to come by and stuff we ended up taking him because we felt like we just couldn't pass him up.
    We don't get him for a week because he's got to be nuteured and micro chipped first. Right now I am sitting here with a blank face and not as happy as I should be for a guy that just found one unbelievablely awesome dog. I am really sad and beating myself up alot right now, I wont.lie to you. I shouldn't have said that I was going to get Earnest until after I adopted him but I was 99% sure that I was going to get him and I was happy about helping him.
    To anyone that gets mad and downvotes me, honestly I do not blame you if you do becsuse I'm more than a little upset with myself right now as well. I should have just kept my mouth shut about Earnest and not said anything until it happened, but I was excited. The good news is though that I am going to keep tabs on Earnest and if he does not get adopted really soon, we are going to go get him and take him in. This was a super tough decision that I made and honestly it felt nearly as bad as the day I lost my dog a few months back. This is not a happy day guys at all. Please don't pound on me too hard because I feel bad already believe me.

Just go adopt them both dude! You know it is the right thing to do. If they get along then it will be the perfect pair of buds.

#58 6 years ago

Thanks LTG. Earnest is going to get a home.one way or the other and I will see to it. This Basset Hound showing up at the shelter is nothing short of a miracle becsuse it just never happens. We have been wanting another basset so bad it's not even funny and I've been working with a a Basset hound rescue for 3 months but the right one just hasn't came along and then of course you got to compete with other people wanting to adopt them also, so there's no guarantee you're going to get the dog you want anyway and that is also frustrating and heartbreaking. We tried to adopt one but they felt he needed to be with kids and other dogs, so that ruled us out on him. It hurt me and pissed me off but of course you can't say anything because they will just say you are unfit and rip your adoption forum up and throw it away if you make them mad. The's animal rescues are brutal beyond belief I tell ya.

This is why we felt that we had to jump on the Basset. He also had people wanting to adopt him if we decided not to so there was no tomorrow on this decision. Tough tough day I tell ya.

#59 6 years ago

We just lost our boxer George last week, and this thread has me thinking Christmas puppy.

IMG_0502 (resized).JPGIMG_0502 (resized).JPG

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Just go adopt them both dude! You know it is the right thing to do. If they get along then it will be the perfect pair of buds.

Believe me, you don't know how bad i want to but I just can't bring two new dogs in at the same time like that. I don't really want two dogs either truthfully but if I have to go back and get Earnest I Will and That's A promise because I couldn't live with myself if I didnt. Im sure alot of people probably will laugh and think I'm crazy for taking this so hard but when I first seen Earnest I took a liking to him but his medical condition kept scaring me.away. I am now ok and accept his medical issue and it's getting better also. I am going to keep tabs on him and I won't forget about him. If need be I will take him in myself.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

We just lost our boxer George last week, and this thread has me thinking Christmas puppy.

Beautiful dog, sorry to hear about George. He looks big and stout!

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I hate to report back with what I am going to tell you guys but im not a liar either so I'm going to tell you what happened and try to make this long story shot if possible. I looked at the Basset Hound that we had the adoption pending on and liked him but still had my mind made up to take Earnest Tubbs the Beagle. So I took Earnest out and played with him for 39 minutes and decider I was going to take him. His.medical condition is looking really good and he's actually very happy too and when I took him back inside, he was actually glad to be going back to his little kennel or pen whatever u call it.
    I told the lady that I was gonna take Earnest probably but that I wanted to take the Basset out if his cage and take him for a walk outside and get to know him just to be sure of my decision. We lost our Basset hound 4 months or so ago...had to put him to sleep and we are still heartbroken over him. I've been trying to adopt a Basset but they are very hard to come by and rhey literally NEVER show up at a shelter. Anyway this Basset is a really great dog also and we really liked him and I could tell my gf liked him better than the beagle so because of how hard they are to come by and stuff we ended up taking him because we felt like we just couldn't pass him up.
    To anyone that gets mad and downvotes me, honestly I do not blame you if you do becsuse I'm more than a little upset with myself right now as well. I should have just kept my mouth shut about Earnest and not said anything until it happened, but I was excited. The good news is though that I am going to keep tabs on Earnest and if he does not get adopted really soon, we are going to go get him and take him in. This was a super tough decision that I made and honestly it felt nearly as bad as the day I lost my dog a few months back. This is not a happy day guys at all. Please don't pound on me too hard because I feel bad already believe me.

I don't think you should beat yourself up. One person can't do it all. I can't imagine how rescue group leaders feel when they go to a shelter to rescue animals and have to leave some behind in the kill shelters. It has to be the most heart wrenching bittersweet feeling knowing you are saving many but not all. I wish they all could be no-kill shelters. When I go to the pet stores and see the animals on adoption days at least I know they will have a comforting volunteer from the rescue group to take care of them as long as it takes to get adopted. Also, many of the county shelters in my area have stopped euthanizing with the exception of incurable pain and suffering cases. The rescue groups in my area go to the counties in the poorer areas where they still euthanize and get as many as they can before euthanasia was to come.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't think you should beat yourself up. One person can't do it all. I can't imagine how rescue group leaders feel when they go to a shelter to rescue animals and have to leave some behind in the kill shelters. It has to be the most heart wrenching bittersweet feeling knowing you are saving many but not all. I wish they all could be no-kill shelters. When I go to the pet stores and see the animals on adoption days at least I know they will have a comforting volunteer from the rescue group to take care of them as long as it takes to get adopted. Also, many of the county shelters in my area have stopped euthanizing with the exception of incurable pain and suffering cases. The rescue groups in my area go to the counties in the poorer areas where they still euthanize and get as many as they can before euthanasia was to come.

Thanks DCFAN, I appreciate the kind words. I just feel like I let him down is all. I am a man of my word and I just feel wrong about not doing this, even though I know that he doesn’t realize what’s really going on. The good news is, he is in a no kill shelter and all of the employees love him there and they take good care of him. He is their favorite dog at the shelter. If he was on death row I would have one thousand percent got his butt out of there believe me. No way would I let that happen. It’s just weird how it worked out. The chances of my dream dog showing up at this shelter was basically zero. I honestly can’t even believe this happened really. I also didn’t want a dog as young as this Basset is because I like laid back older dogs. This dog we are getting though is 3-4 years old and he’s very well mannered and you can tell he’s been trained well. He isn’t your typical stubborn male Basset Hound, he’s actually extremely disciplined. He’s a little wild but all you gotta do is say STOP, and he calms down instantly. He also even comes to you when you want him to and stuff. My other Basset was one stubborn SOB lol. If he didn’t want to do something, he wasn’t doing it trust me. He was still a great dog though and I miss his stubbornness bad.

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bantam:

Quoted from transprtr4u:
    He's a twin to my dog!
    Cool! Same breeder?

Mine came from an Ontario shelter!
    Still cannot believe someone would not have wanted this dog! Their loss our gain , worlds most spoiled pup!

#65 6 years ago

My idea of the ultimate golden retriever...

CE2AC615-AAD8-4F14-8062-CF2D54E8E27A (resized).pngCE2AC615-AAD8-4F14-8062-CF2D54E8E27A (resized).png

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

My idea of the ultimate golden retriever...

Too hard to train!

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Too hard to train!

fair enough, duly noted.

#68 6 years ago

Does she shed?

#69 6 years ago

Rescue dog. Too many unwanted animals already.

#70 6 years ago

Bowser was a rescue dog. He had been severely abused and abandoned and he was afraid of pretty much the entire world when we got him. After a couple of months learning to trust people again, he become absolutely amazing. The most gentle and loving dog I've ever known. We miss this guy a lot.

bowser (resized).jpgbowser (resized).jpg

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-buy-a-golden-retriever/page/2?hl=blueberryjohnson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.