• Latest reply 9 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I know its a long shot but im looking to buy a congo (either cabinet) or possibly trade one of my machines towards it . Let me know what you have thax

1 month later
#3 9 years ago

Still looking

#5 9 years ago

Thax we chatted already thats what made me bump the thread lol good looking out tho

1 month later
#8 9 years ago

Ive had few chances but one wanted a ridiculous amount ovef 4 k and another was really really rough for 3k hopefully ita come sooner than later I have some nice pins to trade towards it or 30 brand new Benjamins lol

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I doubt you'll find one in the condition you're looking for these days for 3k. Mine wouldn't leave for under 4k at this point, and they seem to be getting scarce. I hope you find what you're looking for, though!

The 3 k one was a routed mess definitely not worth it ive seen a good many nice ones leds , shopped , nice cab from 3 tl 3500 but always far away or I miss them

#28 9 years ago

Its definitely a odd pin try to purchase I hear so many different thimgs like why do you want that pin for 3 to 4k its only a 2500 pin .then you have other half saying its valued at 4 or 5 which is up with some of the hig hitters that most people want . I think part of the reason is its just really new to people because thy just played all the other popular titles to death which I understand . I know how I am when I get a new pin I think its the greatest in the world but then in a few monthes it same as all others. I think congo is a in between pin not quite as good as say ij, tz, mb, mm, but along the line of bsd ,shadow and ngg ut has the rare factor which add some price hence the 3500 to 4k price .I would be happy with a kit and I would make my own of course depending on price .

#34 9 years ago

Im willing to trade any of my pins minus tz and bsd . Heck possibly do a 2 for 1 say flintstones and dm or rs and flintstones ? I may regret them offers lol

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

don't trade anything! You have a great collection and Congo will round it our perfectly.
Just be patient and ready to buy when the right one comes along, and it will.

Thax man that means alot im pretty new to the hobby my year anniversary is very soon and I love pins and pinside and working on them and making them beautiful and bringing them back to life again. its really opened up my eyes to many things . I have found a lot of sets of skills that I never thought I would have and this hobby has kept me out of trouble and has really been a great experience with lots of great people. I need this hobby to keep my mind off life as its my getaway and I need it more now than ever as my mom has been diagnosed with cancer and shes my rock and im very close to my family and its going be a long hard road this year with treatment and everything so I need something to get away from it all and pinball is it.

#39 9 years ago

Yea im in no hurry as there are plenty of titles I wanna get .my plan threw my life is to own or have pass threw my hands most or alll of the b/w dmd titles as im willing to give all a chance . Heck im actually thinking of keeping the Flintstones that I have up even know its ranked 130 on pinside and its much better than that and people know that as it sells quickly at 3k usually and not to many games sell for that on pinside with them ratings just show ratings are in eye of beholder .

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I have a one bedroom for sale in Miami, Florida.
Sorry, thought you were looking for a condo.

That be nice to lol

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Tried to sell mine on pinside, got dicked around, so I decided to keep it. I thought 3200 was more than fair, something about a black and white cabinet?
I guess?still willing to trade for a mustang pro, 3200 was last years price.

I think I remember contacting u few months ago and asking for pics and offering around your asking price I like the b and w cab actually play the crap out of it sir

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Like I said I thought my price was on target with the market. I was thinking of getting the green gorilla window from pps

I don't remember but if still interested send some pics im sure we could work something out

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Also looking for a Congo in western ny area !

Have you started a wtb add or thread?

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

If I decide to sell it for cash, I will have it with me at Allentown.

Ok ill be there hopefully I find one before then tho

#54 9 years ago

There's some out there but people asking over 4k for one with just leds which is y its out there lol . I want it not that bad idont think unless it perfect with tons of extras. There are alot of great pins in the 4 to 5 k territory to choose from

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will say the recent creech vs congo poll surprised me with congo winning.
I would say that is indicative that you should find a nice example and jump.
I would NOT be paying 4k, but I don't think 3500 for a nice pf, color cab, and clean playing is out of the question.
If similar creech sell at 4+ then congo is not far behind in my eyes.

I would if I found one lol and in excellent condition

#59 9 years ago

Find me one first lol

#61 9 years ago

Im trying and have 3500 in brand new benjermans or can trade 2 pins for it which are valued at over 4k

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

That should do it bigd ! 3500 is right in the kill zone right now! Anyone out there willing to part with theres? crickets? patience bigd you have the right amount of money IMHO.

Issue is if its not in driveing condition it adds 500 to cost . There were 2 in driving distance on here that I was first to reply to and offered 3500 but not sure what really happen next thing u know they sold for around 3 not sure y I was forgotten about but whatever karma will payback and im patient the right dealcwill come alkng like the rest of my collection

#64 9 years ago

Also better be very nice for 3500

#67 9 years ago

Yea shadow comes to mind which id like to have also and be had for under 3k usually but ilike the theme of congo actually lol

#69 9 years ago

Bump still looking had a few pm s but they were Addams and tz prices

#70 9 years ago

Still looking

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Thank you sir. I would put Congo in the same class as Flintstones. Once you find these pins and their unique shots and playfield (toys), you will realize what a great bargain and "sleeper" hits they are. Bump for operator.

So I should keep fs and sell something else I do enjoy it but I think congo is more for me and I like the shot and programming much better

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I made him the same offer but only wants to spend about $3000 for a perfect one .

I didnt say i expect a perfect one for 3 or even 3500 just nice one dont put words in my mouth please .
I think 4500 and 4600 is high for it unless its basically restored, there are many better titles in that price range I believe and im sure others will agree also I can get 2 awesome pins at that price point which 2 is always better than one especially in this case.also I have been offered a congo that I think is worth the 4500 just trying to work out a deal because of 500 shipping .its mint condition with colored cab with powder coated everything and has a ton of mods and custom work which is why im sticking to the 3 to possibly 3500 for one close and really nice . I appreciate the offers but at 4500 and 4600 I think that's just to much and im sure many will agree and wouldn't purchase them either.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I believe "is it perfect" was your first pm question. Your words not mine

Yes because you were asking 4600 lol thats y

Quoted from freddy:I believe "is it perfect" was your first pm question. Your words not mine

Yes because you wanted 4600 and it sld be perfect for that price .there is a fully restored one for 5200 available that y I said that lol.i was expecting maybe 3500 or something but 4600 it better be out of box nice which is y I said is it perfect because it threw me off

#93 9 years ago

I like the b and w cab also but at this point I just want a nice one at a reasonable price dont really care what cab it is heck ill take a kit and built my own

#97 9 years ago

Still looking have some great leads and I can feel it getting closer and for a normal price lol .

#100 9 years ago

So why is everybody using my wtb add for their own needs lol ? Come on guys make your own wtb thread or add thax geez

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Agree. Bad form to just onto someone's WTB thread for the same pin.
Get your own threads!
PS my congo is for sale near Buffalo, NY for $4500!

I thumbed up first part not the 4500 part lol

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Why would you want 2 of them.

Yea y?

#109 9 years ago

Yea its just a respect thing im looking for a particular pin and post a wtb add i dont want other people saying they are looking also in my thread it take ten seconds to make your own

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

lol!....really ???

By the way i wasn't really referring to yours as its not that bad

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Point taken. I'll make my own thread and edit my post. My apologies.

All good theres been like 5people that did it just saying may have better luck if you all start one

#114 9 years ago

So I have a few on my radar and is the b and w cab the exact same as color one just different decals? Were the b@w the last run? Im assuming the b@w are rarer but dont sell for as much? I actually like it better but just preference

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

if you like the B&W better then go for it, there is no difference in playfield. You are right more rare, but dont sell as well good luck

Good news is I probably wont sell it but also wanna pay accordingly just in case I ever have to sell

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't think anyone has accurate count of color vs B&W cabs.
My impression is that B&W are more common as I have seen more, but either way it makes no difference on game play and I do not think it really impacts price either/much regardless of cab style.

Ok thax thats what I was looking for

#121 9 years ago

At this time im still looking as I haven't heard back yet from a few local ones and still have few options with ones that need shipped but really want local ones

#125 9 years ago

Yea I dont think its 4k or id have one maybe more around 2500 to 3250 depending on condition I think its there with bsd and shadow with price and game play issue is its pretty rare which I think people may be willing to pay 3500 to 4k but I have some good leads in the 3k range im hopeing pan out, if not I won't be buying the ones for 4500 and 4600 ill wait or get another pin thats worth around 5k like Addams or lotr

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from radrats:

Big D, if you find some congos that you end up passing on, message me with them please.

I will im still in middle of checking out some and waiting on some replies

#130 9 years ago

Yea I hear you

#133 9 years ago

Always working on pin or looking for a new pin lol

4 weeks later
#145 9 years ago

Ugh still looking would love make a deal and meet at Allentown

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-buy-a-congo?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.