New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 110080)

looking to buy a congo

By bigd1979

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 145 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So why is everybody using my wtb add for their own needs lol ? Come on guys make your own wtb thread or add thax geez

What he said! OP, you need to start handing out some protocol manuals in this thread.

#102 5 years ago

Agree. Bad form to just onto someone's WTB thread for the same pin.

Get your own threads!

PS my congo is for sale near Buffalo, NY for $4500!

#103 5 years ago

Looking to buy a Congo before bigd1979 does. Contact me first.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Looking to buy a Congo before bigd1979 does. Contact me first.

Why would you want 2 of them.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Agree. Bad form to just onto someone's WTB thread for the same pin.
Get your own threads!
PS my congo is for sale near Buffalo, NY for $4500!

I thumbed up first part not the 4500 part lol

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Why would you want 2 of them.

Yea y?

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So why is everybody using my wtb add for their own needs lol ? Come on guys make your own wtb thread or add thax geez

lol!....really ???

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

lol!....really ???

Yep. If he'd started a "hey everybody who wants a Congo, post here" thread then you'd be welcome to jump in. Otherwise, why not just start your own WTB thread? They're free!

#109 5 years ago

Yea its just a respect thing im looking for a particular pin and post a wtb add i dont want other people saying they are looking also in my thread it take ten seconds to make your own

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

lol!....really ???

By the way i wasn't really referring to yours as its not that bad

#111 5 years ago

Point taken. I'll make my own thread and edit my post. My apologies.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Point taken. I'll make my own thread and edit my post. My apologies.

All good theres been like 5people that did it just saying may have better luck if you all start one

#113 5 years ago

Okay...my post was a joke in case anybody didn't catch on to the laughing guy at the end...

#114 5 years ago

So I have a few on my radar and is the b and w cab the exact same as color one just different decals? Were the b@w the last run? Im assuming the b@w are rarer but dont sell for as much? I actually like it better but just preference

#115 5 years ago

if you like the B&W better then go for it, there is no difference in playfield. You are right more rare, but dont sell as well good luck

#116 5 years ago

Congo multiball is awesome. Great light show. I miss mine but not for 3k+ to get another. Mine sat for months at $2500 about 2 years ago. I bet I could sell it easily for that now though.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

if you like the B&W better then go for it, there is no difference in playfield. You are right more rare, but dont sell as well good luck

Good news is I probably wont sell it but also wanna pay accordingly just in case I ever have to sell

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I don't think anyone has accurate count of color vs B&W cabs.

My impression is that B&W are more common as I have seen more, but either way it makes no difference on game play and I do not think it really impacts price either/much regardless of cab style.

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't think anyone has accurate count of color vs B&W cabs.
My impression is that B&W are more common as I have seen more, but either way it makes no difference on game play and I do not think it really impacts price either/much regardless of cab style.

Ok thax thats what I was looking for

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So I have a few on my radar and is the b and w cab the exact same as color one just different decals? Were the b@w the last run? Im assuming the b@w are rarer but dont sell for as much? I actually like it better but just preference

Here are a few links discussing the B&W version of Congo:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-story-behind-congo-black-and-white-art-work

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-congo-version

#121 5 years ago

At this time im still looking as I haven't heard back yet from a few local ones and still have few options with ones that need shipped but really want local ones

#122 5 years ago

I have been looking for one also. I would love to find a nice one. Good luck with your search.

#124 5 years ago

I had a nice Congo once but back then it was a $1600 pin with everyone hating on the Amy sound clips. Its a pretty good game but I sold it and never missed it. It amazes me that this is now a 4k title. Of course it amazes me that non-DMD pins are now in the $1800 range. What a difference a few years makes.

#125 5 years ago

Yea I dont think its 4k or id have one maybe more around 2500 to 3250 depending on condition I think its there with bsd and shadow with price and game play issue is its pretty rare which I think people may be willing to pay 3500 to 4k but I have some good leads in the 3k range im hopeing pan out, if not I won't be buying the ones for 4500 and 4600 ill wait or get another pin thats worth around 5k like Addams or lotr

#126 5 years ago

Supply and Demand is what drives anything. People may want to buy a Congo for 2,500 to 3,000 but the more pinheads that want this title just drives it up. In the market place right now there are 4 guys besides you looking for one. Only 2,129 made and only one for sale which is on Ebay at 4,000 right now. Out of the 8 pins i own its not one of my favs but the more threads that pop up where people want this title makes me want to hold on to mine for a while. If you really want one now you may have to go higher than you want. If its no big deal just move on and find another pin. Trust me i understand wanting a pin. I have been wanting a MM for some time now but not at those prices. So, i just moved on.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea I dont think its 4k or id have one maybe more around 2500 to 3250 depending on condition I think its there with bsd and Shadow with price and game play issue is its pretty rare which I think people may be willing to pay 3500 to 4k but I have some good leads in the 3k range im hopeing pan out, if not I won't be buying the ones for 4500 and 4600 ill wait or get another pin thats worth around 5k like Addams or lotr

Big D, if you find some congos that you end up passing on, message me with them please.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from radrats:

Big D, if you find some congos that you end up passing on, message me with them please.

I will im still in middle of checking out some and waiting on some replies

#129 5 years ago

No hurry here

#130 5 years ago

Yea I hear you

#131 5 years ago

BigV Do you sleep?

#133 5 years ago

Always working on pin or looking for a new pin lol

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Supply and Demand is what drives anything. People may want to buy a Congo for 2,500 to 3,000 but the more pinheads that want this title just drives it up. In the market place right now there are 4 guys besides you looking for one. Only 2,129 made and only one for sale which is on Ebay at 4,000 right now. Out of the 8 pins i own its not one of my favs but the more threads that pop up where people want this title makes me want to hold on to mine for a while. If you really want one now you may have to go higher than you want. If its no big deal just move on and find another pin. Trust me i understand wanting a pin. I have been wanting a MM for some time now but not at those prices. So, i just moved on.

And of thoes 2129 how many were scrapped out. I've been into pinball a little over a year and I've have heard of lots that were parted out because at one time the circuit board were worth more then the game. If a operator had a MM or other well earning game that needed circuit boards congo was one of the first to get chopped. I've personally bought congo parts off three people who have scraped one out years ago and I don't know that many people.

#135 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure there's less than 2000 in existence...and who knows how many of those are in Europe.

#136 5 years ago

i would be surprised if half of production still exists.

#137 5 years ago

Again if there are less out there that just drives prices up. Supply and Demand. I wish Pinside would show how many people own a Congo or any pin. If you list you have a Congo then it would show everyone who has one. That would be cool feature.

#138 5 years ago

If they had that feature is bet the guys with hard to find machines would be getting pm's weekly

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

If they had that feature is bet the guys with hard to find machines would be getting pm's weekly

I would like that feature.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Again if there are less out there that just drives prices up. Supply and Demand. I wish Pinside would show how many people own a Congo or any pin. If you list you have a Congo then it would show everyone who has one. That would be cool feature.

Isn't this what you're talking about?

image.jpg
#141 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

They do have this feature - look up the game and then click on the "owners" tab. It will show how many people own the game (212 own a Congo) and even plot them on a map!

#142 5 years ago

Only 212 out of 26,000 pinsiders have claimed to have a Congo? That's a tiny number. I'd love to know how many are still out there. Mine is usually the first most pinheads see when they come over, so there can't be many.

EDIT: I take it back. Seems like there are less than 1000 of most Top Ten games registered with Pinsiders as well, so that's not indicative of anything.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Only 212 out of 26,000 pinsiders have claimed to have a Congo? That's a tiny number. I'd love to know how many are still out there. Mine is usually the first most pinheads see when they come over, so there can't be many.

i know with muscle cars its about a 25% survival rate. the one big exception 67 427 vette i believe there are three times the amount than were produced. LOL

4 weeks later
#145 5 years ago

Ugh still looking would love make a deal and meet at Allentown

There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside