• Latest reply 9 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

I know its a long shot but im looking to buy a congo (either cabinet) or possibly trade one of my machines towards it . Let me know what you have thax

1 month later
#3 9 years ago

Still looking

#5 9 years ago

Thax we chatted already thats what made me bump the thread lol good looking out tho

1 month later
#7 9 years ago

Just bought one of these and really enjoy the game.

Very hard title to find.

Good luck with search.

#8 9 years ago

Ive had few chances but one wanted a ridiculous amount ovef 4 k and another was really really rough for 3k hopefully ita come sooner than later I have some nice pins to trade towards it or 30 brand new Benjamins lol

#9 9 years ago

I doubt you'll find one in the condition you're looking for these days for 3k. Mine wouldn't leave for under 4k at this point, and they seem to be getting scarce. I hope you find what you're looking for, though!

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I doubt you'll find one in the condition you're looking for these days for 3k. Mine wouldn't leave for under 4k at this point, and they seem to be getting scarce. I hope you find what you're looking for, though!

The 3 k one was a routed mess definitely not worth it ive seen a good many nice ones leds , shopped , nice cab from 3 tl 3500 but always far away or I miss them

#11 9 years ago

I know this does not help, but I would not sell mine for 10k. It is one that will never leave my collection. Such a good game and so much to do. It is really unique in the 'choose your own adventure' sort of game play.

I think more and more people have begun to really see the joy in having one in their collection and with only 2100 produced it is actually not very common compared to all other WPC-95 stuff.

When I look at the last ~20 games Williams produced, I would take a congo over all of them.

I will completely honest, you are better off finding one now that you like and paying the price. I am guessing a year from now that price will feel just fine and you will have been playing it for a year.

Congo is one of the few titles that due to rarity is continuing up still while most others are falling in price.

used to be 2500 for a nice one, then 3, now ?, and the trend is continuing.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I know its a long shot but im looking to buy a congo (either cabinet) or possibly trade one of my machines towards it . Let me know what you have thax

I'm looking just to play one fella. Looks like 3-4k is the go bro. Seems like a lot got slaughtered in the wild and what's left are being kept as rare beauties in captivity. You want, you pay.

#13 9 years ago

It would take 3k and your Tz to pry mine away. And you'd have to deliver.

Good luck. You'll find one just be patient.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

It would take 3k and your Tz to pry mine away. And you'd have to deliver.
Good luck. You'll find one just be patient.

Old mate has found one or two, they're there just not at poaches prices.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

used to be 2500 for a nice one, then 3, now ?, and the trend is continuing.

Used to be about $1000 for a nice one around 2008! No one wanted it due to the movie-flop theme - including me....but it's such a cool & fun game - glad I finally buckled and got one. Hard to believe it's selling for 3 to 4k now...wow! Maybe a little hype with a little rarity? Crazy!

#16 9 years ago

I think it was previously undervalued and now is coming up to meet some of the other WPC-95 stuff.

#17 9 years ago

Recently got one and couldn't imagine parting with it. The few bugs in the code are mostly ok to deal with.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Old mate has found one or two, they're there just not at poaches prices.

Not quite sure I'm understanding your post, mate.

#19 9 years ago

Congo is a very interesting game and damn near impossible to lock down. I saw someone offering a nice one with Cointaker kit and mirror blades for trade for a Shadow. I loved my Shadow, but glad I made the trade. I think I can find a Shadow easier than a Congo down the road with the way the hype is on this one now.

#20 9 years ago

yep, ordinary theme, but the pin more than makes up for it.... great playfield layout... nice and open, with long ramp shots. really enjoying it... and yeah its not leaving in a hurry.. will eventually put a green display in. i have some congo side art, but in two minds on that...

op, one will show up, just keep active around here. best of luck.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Not quite sure I'm understanding your post, mate.

Original poster has found examples but not to his liking for price or other. References made are to the theme and hence forth.

#22 9 years ago

gotcha

#23 9 years ago

Congo is a real sleeper of a pin. Seems out of all the machines i have, everyone likes to play it the most. Volcano ramp shot is really great to go for. Super skill shot to kickback, is also challenging.

#24 9 years ago

For what it's worth, a while back I put up a post on the Canadian thread saying that my Congo might be up for sale. I had 15 PMs within a day or so asking for more info (and more in the days to follow). Decided not to sell for now. But this gives you an idea of the level of interest out there and what you're competing against if you want one.

#25 9 years ago

Jayhawkai has been trying to sell his for a while now in KC. I almost bought it but I snagged one that popped up for sale in Tulsa

#26 9 years ago

Nevermind, looks like he sold it.

#27 9 years ago

If this is not rude to nose in....Also looking for one in Florida

#28 9 years ago

Its definitely a odd pin try to purchase I hear so many different thimgs like why do you want that pin for 3 to 4k its only a 2500 pin .then you have other half saying its valued at 4 or 5 which is up with some of the hig hitters that most people want . I think part of the reason is its just really new to people because thy just played all the other popular titles to death which I understand . I know how I am when I get a new pin I think its the greatest in the world but then in a few monthes it same as all others. I think congo is a in between pin not quite as good as say ij, tz, mb, mm, but along the line of bsd ,shadow and ngg ut has the rare factor which add some price hence the 3500 to 4k price .I would be happy with a kit and I would make my own of course depending on price .

#29 9 years ago

its all in the eyes of the beholder.......and condition, location etc. Its a semi rare fun pin to own not just play. I think it will always be in demand (see want threads )

#30 9 years ago

The market dictates the price...it's all about supply and demand. There are a lot of people that want Congo now, but not many willing to sell. That only drives the price up. (Unlike the Stern VEs which might be nice for people who want one, but kills the resale market.)

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Jayhawkai has been trying to sell his for a while now in KC. I almost bought it but I snagged one that popped up for sale in Tulsa

I had it listed for while, but wasn't trying very hard to sell it. Had some nice passive-aggressive price policing in that thread, too. Anyway, 10 PMs came through, and the 11th put down a deposit this weekend. Just got another PM about it today.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I had it listed for while, but wasn't trying very hard to sell it. Had some nice passive-aggressive price policing in that thread, too. Anyway, 10 PMs came through, and the 11th put down a deposit this weekend. Just got another PM about it today.

People don't understand the premium that speed holes demand.

#33 9 years ago

So, does anyone here have a Congo to sell the man or are we just price pumping?

#34 9 years ago

Im willing to trade any of my pins minus tz and bsd . Heck possibly do a 2 for 1 say flintstones and dm or rs and flintstones ? I may regret them offers lol

#35 9 years ago

don't trade anything! You have a great collection and Congo will round it our perfectly.

Just be patient and ready to buy when the right one comes along, and it will.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

So, does anyone here have a Congo to sell the man or are we just price pumping?

Nope. Just price pumping.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

don't trade anything! You have a great collection and Congo will round it our perfectly.
Just be patient and ready to buy when the right one comes along, and it will.

Thax man that means alot im pretty new to the hobby my year anniversary is very soon and I love pins and pinside and working on them and making them beautiful and bringing them back to life again. its really opened up my eyes to many things . I have found a lot of sets of skills that I never thought I would have and this hobby has kept me out of trouble and has really been a great experience with lots of great people. I need this hobby to keep my mind off life as its my getaway and I need it more now than ever as my mom has been diagnosed with cancer and shes my rock and im very close to my family and its going be a long hard road this year with treatment and everything so I need something to get away from it all and pinball is it.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thax man that means alot im pretty new to the hobby my year anniversary is very soon and I love pins and pinside and working on them and making them beautiful and bringing them back to life again. its really opened up my eyes to many things . I have found a lot of sets of skills that I never thought I would have and this hobby has kept me out of trouble and has really been a great experience with lots of great people. I need this hobby to keep my mind off life as its my getaway and I need it more now than ever as my mom has been diagnosed with cancer and shes my rock and im very close to my family and its going be a long hard road this year with treatment and everything so I need something to get away from it all and pinball is it.

First, sorry to hear about your mom and I wish her and your family the best with treatment -- it's a real struggle but the medical advances over even the last few years have really been amazing.

The only thing I'd add about prices is not to be driven too much by the "it's up $1000 in the past 6 months and sky's the limit" argument. Anything can happen, of course, but more and more great new titles continue to come out, and there will always be someone looking to sell a few of their older games to pay for the hot new title. I also have found that games I'm interested seem to often pop up in waves as well, I'll see none for sale for many months, and then a few will appear one right after another on the local Craigslist. Doesn't mean it makes sense to quibble over $100 if you see the machine you want, but if someone's asking $1000 more than you feel a game is worth, don't buy it under the false impression that you'll never have another shot or that prices will continue to sky-rocket forever.

#39 9 years ago

Yea im in no hurry as there are plenty of titles I wanna get .my plan threw my life is to own or have pass threw my hands most or alll of the b/w dmd titles as im willing to give all a chance . Heck im actually thinking of keeping the Flintstones that I have up even know its ranked 130 on pinside and its much better than that and people know that as it sells quickly at 3k usually and not to many games sell for that on pinside with them ratings just show ratings are in eye of beholder .

#40 9 years ago

stay strong brother and F!cK Cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pinball is a great out for all of life's chaos!

Good luck with your mom and positive thoughts.

#41 9 years ago

I have a one bedroom for sale in Miami, Florida.

Sorry, thought you were looking for a condo.

#42 9 years ago

Tried to sell mine on pinside, got dicked around, so I decided to keep it. I thought 3200 was more than fair, something about a black and white cabinet?
I guess?still willing to trade for a mustang pro, 3200 was last years price.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Tried to sell mine on pinside, got dicked around, so I decided to keep it. I thought 3200 was more than fair, something about a black and white cabinet?

I have a black and white Congo. Does not bother me. It's still a Congo. Keep it and just save for the mustang. I wanted to trade my Congo plus cash for a WOZLE but decided to keep it. I am now just waiting for my The Hobbit Smaug.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I have a one bedroom for sale in Miami, Florida.
Sorry, thought you were looking for a condo.

That be nice to lol

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

I think I remember contacting u few months ago and asking for pics and offering around your asking price I like the b and w cab actually play the crap out of it sir

#46 9 years ago

Sold mine and rolled the cash into a Met. Good game but no regrets.

#47 9 years ago

Like I said I thought my price was on target with the market. I was thinking of getting the green gorilla window from pps

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Like I said I thought my price was on target with the market. I was thinking of getting the green gorilla window from pps

I don't remember but if still interested send some pics im sure we could work something out

#49 9 years ago

Also looking for a Congo in western ny area !

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Also looking for a Congo in western ny area !

Have you started a wtb add or thread?

There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-buy-a-congo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.