(Topic ID: 115883)

Looking to build a digital cabinet... Any advice?

By McDudeMan

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by McDudeMan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mame.PNG
    mame2.PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider njgsx96.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago

I built one last summer.

From my experience, you will need a GeForce 460 or better and 3.0 Core2Duo or better. Go SSD, 128GB should be plenty. Windows 7. 8GB RAM. I love mine. Everyone that comes over enjoys it as well. There is a slight lag, but you get used to it quick. It is what made me start getting real pinball machines. Be careful!

I am running PinballX. Very easy to set up. Going that small will be cramped but I actually plan to do the same, a table top, just because.

What exactly is your question regarding the build?

#7 9 years ago

I used a Kade emulator for the buttons. you can use an iPac or any keyboard encoder really. I used leaf switches and pinball buttons in mine. but arcade buttons will work fine also.

I do not have that issue with the DMD. Maybe not as bright as a pinball DMD, but it is pretty bright. Definitely not something I noticed. I am running 3 monitors. What set up do you have for the display? Which Pinmame are you running? 2.5, right? VP 99x?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider njgsx96.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-build-a-digital-cabinet-any-advice?tu=njgsx96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.