4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by epeabs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epeabs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Wondering if anyone has a system 7 sound board I could borrow in Southern New Hampshire. My BK is fighting me again. I just got my sound board back and I still have no sound. Just looking to plug one in to confirm something isn't still wrong with my sound board. Thx, Erik

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Are you missing sound and speech? Or just one of the two?

Missing both. Just got my soundboard back from having it gone over. I installed it, and have no sound. I've checked voltage going into the soundboard, I've checked ohms at the speaker, ohms at the speaker connector, I've checked my pot to make sure that is working with my ohm meter as well. Sound PIA on the mpu is fine, the PIA on the soundboard is fine. I figured if there was a sound board local that I could pop in just to compare, before I send my sound board back.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Who went over it and what did they do? Did you reseat the sound roms and check those chips/sockets? Connectors and header pins are good?
    Trying to recall from when I briefly had a BK but I think there are also dip switch settings on the sound board (could be thinking of the speech though) that can turn it on and off. Might want to check the manual on that if you haven't already...

Board was gone over by Allan at Ardvark. Replaced the sound ROM, a couple capacitors. Worked fine when he was done. I've played with the DIP switches and they didn't change anything.

Quoted from Madmax541:

Have you verified you have a good speaker or volume control?

Jim, I've connected leads from FG to the BK speaker and the BK speaker works fine. I checked the volume pot with my ohm meter from center to each side lead and resistance changes with turning the knob.

1 week later
    #7 4 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Who went over it and what did they do? Did you reseat the sound roms and check those chips/sockets? Connectors and header pins are good?
    Trying to recall from when I briefly had a BK but I think there are also dip switch settings on the sound board (could be thinking of the speech though) that can turn it on and off. Might want to check the manual on that if you haven't already...

Just got back from a few days away with the family. Sound rom has been reseated and sockets are good. I repinned all connectors and the headers pins are new. The speaker works fine, I jumped it with leads from my Flash Gordon.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epeabs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-borrow-system-7-sound-board-to-troubleshoot-my-bk-in-nh?tu=epeabs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.