You

Linked Games

• OXO Williams, 1973

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2016-11-26-19-37-20 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_2016-11-25-15-33-21 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Leakyfaucet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I am curious about a Williams OXO. I have an opportunity to get a decent working order machine for under $200, as a new "collector" and a frugal person does this price and game make sense?

Screenshot_2016-11-25-15-33-21 (resized).pngScreenshot_2016-11-25-15-33-21 (resized).png

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

If that's a picture of the game.....I would jump on buying it. Nice looking game and good played.

It is the exact one.

Quoted from Mikala:

That playfield should clean up really well.

That's what I was thinking. Looks like a lot of grime, nothing major.

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Don't think twice just go get it!

I'm showing these responses to my wife so she can see how much we need a 3rd machine( one is a solid state....shhhhh!) in my first year of collecting....

#9 7 years ago

I think I'm going to pick it up Sunday afternoon!

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

I heard early on after I got into the hobby: 'If you're really a righteous pinhead, and respect its roots, you must have at least 1 EM in your collection.' When I asked why, I was told" "So we all can remember where we came from."
Take that deal, and DON'T look back!

I love EM machines for their ever so simple; ever so complex ways of working. I'm new to schematics but I love the raw troubleshooting vs. mother boards.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

If it comes with a backglass, buy it! Great concept and a fast, fun game. #1 on my want to own list. In my opinion, Williams was really pushing the limits of EM pinball complexity with this game. Want to scare someone who is not familiar with EM repair..show them they underside of the OXO playfied.

The first time I opened my first EM, I thought I've made a huge mistake. Now I understand enough to know what's going on, the middle relays are the only "extra" things I see and I assume those control the tic tic toe board.
To me the back glass looks great!

Screenshot_2016-11-26-19-37-20 (resized).pngScreenshot_2016-11-26-19-37-20 (resized).png

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

A good backglass and playfield..run and get that one. Yes, the reset relays on the bottom of the playfield are primarily for the x's and o's in the tax tac toe board. From a repair standpoint, I prefer Williams games.

I've only owned one other EM and it's a 68 Williams Cabaret. I've fixed all the issues and made some new ones but I love it. It's a raw type of repairing.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

OXO is my first and favorite pinball machine. Yeah, even though I was new to EMs I somehow managed to figure out how to get that mechanical beast working! The artwork and neon colors grow on you and when new or fully tuned it plays great with DC power pop bumpers and slingshots. You won't be disappointed.
The bank under the playfield has 19 relays if I remember correctly, two for each position on the Tic-Tac-Toe board, 'X' or 'O', and one relay for three-in-a-row that lights the extra ball eject holes.
I would be after that OXO if it were any closer. I have written up my OXO buying and owning experience here:
http://www.pecos-softwareworks.com/OXO_and_XOX.shtml
I hope you have as much fun your OXO as I have had with mine.

Thanks! I can't wait to go get it tomorrow! I'll read up on your experience. It looks like you have a nice collection. That 57 kings looks like a sweet game. I can't wait to get a game with the lit score and no reels.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

. Beware the addiction... it is real...

I know! 3rd machine in my first year. EEEK!
I've already emptied my shed to insulate it as a small game room because my wife said 2 pinball machines in the living room is more than enough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Leakyfaucet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-add-my-second-em?tu=Leakyfaucet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.