24%
  • Big Brave - What say you Little Big Man? 5 votes
    17%
  • I can't decide on one, I like all of them 0 votes
  • I have decided I hate all of the choices so quit bugging me 1 vote
    3%
  • I have not played all 4 so I cannot say for sure 2 votes
    7%
  • Making these kind of decisions hurt my brain,so I am just going to remove it 0 votes

(29 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0092.JPG
IMG_0090.JPG
_jeffspicoli.jpg
[Movie]Bad News Bears, The (1976)_01.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Looks like I am going to add a 1970's Gottlieb 3" Flipper Multiplayer again after all to my collection. Never mind the artwork or price, just looking for the best one that is both challenging and fun.

Here are the Choices:

1) Surfer
2) Outer Space
3) Card Whiz
4) Big Brave

Please post your comments about the pros and cons of all these machines and make sure to vote in the Poll as well. You get ONE vote:

TIA,

Ken

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Looks like you could benefit by getting a Solar City or Target Alpha. T.A. Is good to go for 4 players.

Quoted from Aurich:

No love for Solar City?

Sorry guys, I had a beautiful TA and hated it and could not get rid of it fast enough. Played El Dorado at TPF thinking it's the best of those titles so maybe..............nope......hated it. Played a Gottlieb King Pin at TPF and loved it so much I bought one, so now I'm covered on a 4 Flipper Drop Target game that has Kickout Holes which is a feature I really like about the game.

Ken

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from tuffano:

Get yourself a pitch and bat... It'll go great in the new room with the gun and sub arcade plus the bowler you're getting down the road. Your pin collection is already nice.

Pat

I vote for Surfer if the pitch and bats out

Hey Pat, great to hear from you!

Alas things have changed due to economic strife. The new and bigger Arcade for 2016 has been postponed indefinitely due to the house needing new siding in the back due to the Rain storms we had, so I will be sticking with my current arcade for quite a few years which is fine. I was looking forward to the Ball Bowler the most but oh well, looks like that may never happen which is OK, as the wife and house come first.

So here is the new lineup:

Pins: Gottlieb Atlantis, Abra Ca Dabra, King Pin, and a 2 Player Machine - (TBD) 4 Total

Arcade: Williams Phantom Gun and Midway Sea Raider Submarine Game - 2 Total

That pretty much maxes out my room were I can still get to servicing things without crawling under machines to get to the back of them which has to happen due to my health.

Still a very fun lineup IMHO, just limited.

Ken

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm refusing to vote based on the fact that Crescendo is not on the list.

Quoted from pinballholder:

No love for Quick Draw? Love me some smart drops...

Quick Draw is OK but would have been a great game IMO if it had direct shots to the Kickout holes rather than luck. With such a small collection I am really trying to find machines that are very different from one another and ACD already has the 3 bottom lanes like QD, so that is yet another reason it is off the list.

Ken

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Have you looked at Super Spin? You can't beat the theme - rocket-powered surfboards!

Recently played a Jet Spin that was at a friends house and it was OK. Not sure how I feel about Vari -Targets as they do not get a lot of love and even back in the day I did not see anything special about them. I have to say that the Roto-Target on the game is cool, but the layout in general seems lack luster to me for some reason, maybe the lack of Drop Targets. I think I would rather have a Close Encounters EM as it had the Roto, Drop targets, and a Spinner, but that is a 4 player and I want to stick to a 2 player for maintenance reasons.

Ken

#20 8 years ago

Looks like Surfer is in the lead stretch so far, followed by Card Whiz. Keep those votes and comments coming...............

Ken

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Can't beat the artwork

I will say I have always loved the artwork on Target Alpha and it has a special place dear to my heart as it was in our High School Cafeteria freshman and sophomore year and I played the crap out of it back in the day, but as BB king has said, 'The Thrill Is Gone".

Ken

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

My vote is for Surfer.

Looking into a local source you know to see if that game is feasible.

Quoted from MikeO:

Surfer is a game I cannot get into. Have owned three exceptional examples and never kept one. I can't get over the fact that you have to drain to get the Special or Extra Ball.

That is a concern for me as well, no On Playfield Special or Extra Ball, must drain to gain. Surprised it is not set up like Atlantis where you can drop the targets to get a special or other Gottlieb games. The way I am looking at it though is that a 2 player game will be for competition so score is king and specials are not as necessary as a single player. I do love the fact it has 3X bonus which for competition is key to me.

Ken

#27 8 years ago

"Making these kind of decisions hurt my brain, so I am just going to remove it"

Just in case you are thinking of voting this way, or not, Please see the following video for the proper procedure.

Ken

#33 8 years ago

Well looks like Surfer is kicking some butts in the Poll. Thanks again for all the votes and comments, especially the comments.

Just so happens I am going to check one out on Saturday. Wish me luck.

Ken

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They got everything right on it (except that spinner being 10/100 instead of 100/1000).

I agree.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

AND a cool bonus...with green lights!

Awesome!

Quoted from ahanson:

the only thing that would have made it an even better game is making the spinner actually worth going for, but it's still fun to have on the playfield. Not to mention the artwork is pretty good too.

Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

You have to drain balls on either side of the flippers to light the specials

Yep.

Ken

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

If it has the wrong spinner or it's worn I think I have at least 1 set of decals left for it

That would be way cool as a just in case I buy it deal, thanks for the offer. Looks like Pinball Rescue does not carry the decals.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Get an Air Hockey table and hustle the neighbors at a dollar a game. Soon you would have all 4 games.

Knowing my luck I would be the one losing the dollar a game. Not very good at air hockey.

#43 8 years ago

Well Thanks again to all that participated and helped me with my decision. Looks like I have locked down a Gottlieb Surfer as of today. It's getting a complete Cabinet paint job thanks to pinhead52, so after that it will get a full Shopout by me. It will be a super nice example when it is done in 5 months and will most likely go to TPF 2016.

Ken

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Surf's Up Braaaaaaaaaaa!

Cowabunga dude!

Quoted from Frax:

Ouch....guess I am not going to have Crescendo repainted by next year lol...

If you get in line now there is still time for you this year Frax, besides you still have a couple extra months after that anyway.

Ken

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Just not quite the right colors

yea, just a little off.........

Ken

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Backglass is stuning,

I'm stunned...........like a Norwegian Blue............

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

What happened to the bottom of the cab? Shark bite it?

Yep

Quoted from blownfuse:

Has it been repainted or is it a test cabinet?

Repainted by someone who graduated from Kindergarten.

But all will be fixed..........

Ken

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-add-an-em-gottlieb-2-player-machine?tu=em-pinman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.