New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 46181)

Looking forward to first pin convention at Zapcon

By lyonsden

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by grh450
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

100_2272.JPG
    ZC13_8.jpg
    ZC13_2.jpg
    photo.JPG
    Zapcon2013_setup.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Zapcon will be my first pin convention and I can't wait. Been playing for years whenever I could find a game, and bought my first pin when I moved to Arizona 3 years ago -- BOP. That was the pin that I learned that playing pinball was much, much more than slamming a chrome metal ball around while wait for my turn on Street Fighter II after school. While my BOP is not collectors machine, I have been able to get it into a very fine and fun playable machine that gets players and non-players excited.

My wife and I will be driving up from Tucson for the day (I have to fly out on business Sunday morning) and am looking forward seeing and playing so many great games, and meeting other AZ pinheads!

#2 7 years ago

I brought two pinball machines and set them up last night. There is so much good stuff my brain overloaded and I couldn't find the exit out of the room. Then I missed my turn on I-10 and didn't even notice for 10 minutes. It's going to be great!

Zapcon2013_setup.jpg

#3 7 years ago

post more pics!!

#4 7 years ago

Sure thing, I will once I stop playing and start taking pictures. That last one is literally my only one. I'm not kidding when I say,"mental overload".

#5 7 years ago

What an awesome event. Many thanks to everyone who contributed to make it happen: the organizers, volunteers, and (most importantly) the game providers.

photo.JPG

#6 7 years ago

(Wish I was able to make the second day!)

#7 7 years ago

Just awesome seeing people play the two games I brought (Flash and Black Knight). No breakdowns either. And the Black Hole, Firepower, Firepower II set are just awesome restorations. Met everyone I ever have had pinball dealings with. Very glad Wes and his crew where able to pull this off.

ZC13_2.jpg ZC13_8.jpg 100_2272.JPG

#8 7 years ago

I CAN NOT say enough good stuff about Zapcon. This show is excellent, particularly for a first effort. The games are playing like butter, the venue is nice and clean and easy to find, the tourney is set up well, and the people! The people here are just great! I came to this because the Michigan show seemed too big, and I'm SO happy with my choice; these Arizona folks really deserve a huge tip of the cap. The mood is so good, and I reckon it has something to do with it being a first-time...the enthusiasm and appreciation for pinball are just off the charts. It reminds me of how shows felt years and years ago. I can't wait to see Zapcon evolve, I already booked an extra day here on this trip and can't wait for the next.

#9 7 years ago

Wow! Zapcon was more then expected. Wes deserves the credit for giving us all such a great event. Thanks Wes. And thanks to all the pinsiders who I talked with and shared some pinball. You guys and gals made the atmosphere.
    Regards to all,
    Mike

#10 7 years ago

I had a great time, and have to admit that overall it exceeded my expectations. Great job to the organizers! (BTW, one of the nicest Spider Man machines I've had the pleasure of playing!!)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 219.99
    $ 0.10
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Stuff
    $ 7.00
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 65.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    SilverBall Designs
    € 4.20
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    $ 14.95
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 445.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside