You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A7EAD859-1707-47E9-8E22-E1AF2EB3BE40 (resized).jpeg
9DB7F741-2EE8-4F54-B6F6-2C985A9185E7.jpeg
WOZ_Unknown (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Want to buy a WOZ and looking to see if my original one is still around WOZ #530. I was one of the early pre orders and waited years to get game now I wish I hadn’t sold it. Sure it’s changed hands few times but curious if still around Michigan and if the new owner would consider selling. Long shot but thought worth checking.
Thanks

#2 3 years ago

Good luck finding your pin. It sure would be nice if there is some sort of database showing where all these pins have changed hands. There’s probably quite a history behind some of them! I’ve always wondered where my pins have been and what stores they could tell.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Good luck finding your pin. It sure would be nice if there is some sort of database showing where all these pins have changed hands. There’s probably quite a history behind some of them! I’ve always wondered where my pins have been and what stores they could tell.

I always wished there was a sort of traveler or title that came with a pin. Just a way to see the journey it has made. A simple index card in the coin box saying the state it was in and for how long. No names and such as nobody wants continuous service questions on a game they sold 10 years ago but a simple "where have I been" type story. Would be interesting.

#4 3 years ago

Yeah that would be cool to be able do like a car fax and get history of a pins travels. Just was hoping because sold through Pinside within the last five years might be in the hands of a fellow Pinsider. I’ve bought sold and traded most my pins through Pinside people.

#5 3 years ago

I always enjoy the archeology of pinball machines. When I get, or work on a game, I love finding things inside of it. Sometimes it is notes in manuals, occasionally it is a tax stamp from a state half way across the country. I imagine the journey the game took to get to me. Sometimes it is a guys phone number inside, where the area code might tell me where it was. Cool stuff.

I really hope you find that exact WOZ. Make sure you keep us up to date on your quest.

#6 3 years ago

I'm going to make a wild guess and say you sold it to Nosro?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/20354

Even though he is inactive, it might be possible to send him an email through the system. I've had those go through on occasion. And even though he sold it 5 years ago, maybe he can put you in touch with where it went from there. Let's track this game down!

#7 3 years ago

If you recall the serial number you can see if it's documented on IPSND http://ipsnd.net/Search.aspx?term=wizard+of+oz&type=0

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm going to make a wild guess and say you sold it to Nosro?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/20354
Even though he is inactive, it might be possible to send him an email through the system. I've had those go through on occasion. And even though he sold it 5 years ago, maybe he can put you in touch with where it went from there. Let's track this game down!

Orson (Nosro) is a good buddy of mine from work. He got out of the hobby a few years ago for family needs, but I'm sure he'd be willing to share any leads.

I'll give him a shout...

Later,
EV

#9 3 years ago

Yes I did sell it to Norso. You guys are awesome and make a great detective. Lol
530 is my birthdate so that was easy to remember. It always played great and I never ran into the early jjp WOZ issues. Hope it’s still playing great. I’ll keep everyone posted if I hear anything.
Thanks again everyone’s help.

#10 3 years ago

Chatting with Nosro on work IM right now.

Turns out it was my Escalera he borrowed to get it out of your basement. Heh, Small world.

He's digging through his emails to see if he still has any info. Stay tuned...

Later,
EV

#11 3 years ago

Pin15,

check your PM.

Thanks,
EV

#12 3 years ago

I haven't logged into pinside in years.

Hi pin15. Your WoZ was well loved by the entire family. I, too, miss it and was thinking of getting WoZ back in the house.

You have the info from EchoVictor. Good luck in your search and keep us updated. See if you can get the next-in-line into this thread!

#13 3 years ago

Got your pm just reached out to prospective current owner. I’ll keep everyone posted might have located it.
It was my first nib purchase and you never forget your first. Lol
Thanks again everyone for the help.

P.s. yes the escalera was awesome

#14 3 years ago

Nosro glad to hear you enjoyed it and welcome back to Pinside appreciate the help.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

It was my first nib purchase and you never forget your first. Lol

Nope, you never do. That's why our first is "bolted to the floor" (X-Men Pro), and it will never leave.

Good luck getting her back!

Later,
EV

#16 3 years ago

This may be my favorite thread on Pinside ever. Really awesome to see people being so helpful. Pinside can be a wonderful community sometimes. I am now emotionally invested in fiding out what happens. Good luck with finding this pin!

#17 3 years ago

EchoVictor unfortunately the trail went cold. I just got a pm from the lead you gave me and he doesn’t and never had my old WOZ. Ironically he may be picking up a Ruby Red WOZ this week. lol

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

530 is my birthdate

So is mine

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

EchoVictor unfortunately the trail went cold.

I tried the looking through the WOZ Club thread (Page 17 and 18 are around the time Nosro sold it) and didn't see any new owners joining in that were not getting them from distributors.

Have you thought of posting in the thread directly to ask?

Also (and yes, this is excessive), you might ask a moderator to check on people that added a WOZ to their collection in May or June of 2015. I don't think the mods would give you their name, but they might be able to PM them directly to ask if it was Standard #530.

#20 3 years ago

Appreciate some more good ideas. The hunt continues. I’ll keep everyone posted. Kind of fun see this post gaining steam. Never started a post that caught fire. Lol

#21 3 years ago

If JJP asks for serial numbers during the service process they may have info on the current owner.

Hopefully JJP wouldn’t give it to you but they may be willing to pass along your contact information.

#22 3 years ago

Gritty What WOZ number was this sale? I keep looking at the picture, and I just can't make it out. At times it looks like 530 to me, and at other times it looks like 350 when I squint This sale was from 2018.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/60931

WOZ_Unknown (resized).jpgWOZ_Unknown (resized).jpg

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

gritty What WOZ number was this sale? I keep looking at the picture, and I just can't make it out. At times it looks like 530 to me, and at other times it looks like 350 when I squint This sale was from 2018.
[quoted image]

I see either 530 or 550

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

gritty What WOZ number was this sale? I keep looking at the picture, and I just can't make it out. At times it looks like 530 to me, and at other times it looks like 350 when I squint This sale was from 2018.
[quoted image]

Unfortunately, it’s definitely 550

I used IPSND all the time and keep track of my games. I also ask for as many details from the former owner as possible, then enter the provenance into the little info box on Pinside.

9DB7F741-2EE8-4F54-B6F6-2C985A9185E7.jpeg9DB7F741-2EE8-4F54-B6F6-2C985A9185E7.jpeg
#25 3 years ago

How did you get that so clear? And thanks for letting us know.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

How did you get that so clear? And thanks for letting us know.

The little blue arrow in the bottom right hand corner of images opens the full resolution image. Makes it A LOT easier!

#27 3 years ago

That looked just like it and it did look like 530 until frost cleared things up and we now it’s 550. So close. Definitely becoming much more interesting thread then I thought. Appreciate everyone’s help. I have a feeling we’re going to find it soon.

#28 3 years ago

Hope you find your game and come to a deal. The current owner might do well selling to you.

#29 3 years ago

Thanks that’s what I’m hoping for if not maybe someone else will see this thread and feel sorry for me and sell me there’s. Lol

#30 3 years ago

I think it would be cool just to find the game, even if you didn't get it back right now. Just to know where it ended up.

So guys:

cleanandlevel akj5422 sacain67 attitude05 GR8pinball Rob_Smith JCOURTLAND GLModular Parker09 kenn66 legionsoup Onewellbrewing FinsterQuinn pinballlife Dayhuff nonamefool KingBW Nugilo92 adamgacek MrBally Nugilo92 KingBW Skipnatty MiSC90 BagAJellyDonuts Defender detroit_pinball Keeper006 Jackpotjared NewPinInTown Annod78 pmcombs wenge goodtimes cml Pin-Practice gearheaddropping playernumber4 PinManZ eroomnek twil4 hlaj78 michman48162

This is all just a fun quest, and I hope nobody takes offense at me asking here. You all have WOZ listed in your collections and you live in the Michigan part of the world. The OP on this thread was trying to find a specific WOZ (Std #530). He sold it more than 5 years ago, and we know it has had at least 2 owners since then. Do any of you currently own that copy?

And again, this is all for fun. It's only pinball. But if you're bothered that I asked, or bothered that I went through the Michigan owners of WOZ on the Pinside map, let a mod know and they will ... I don't know, bonk me on the head and tell me not to do it again? What's the punishment for bugging a whole bunch of people?

DaveH

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I think it would be cool just to find the game, even if you didn't get it back right now. Just to know where it ended up.
So guys:
cleanandlevel akj5422 sacain67 attitude05 gr8pinball rob_smith jcourtland glmodular parker09 kenn66 legionsoup onewellbrewing drmolitor pinballlife dayhuff nonamefool kingbw nugilo92 adamgacek mrbally nugilo92 kingbw skipnatty misc90 bagajellydonuts defender detroit_pinball keeper006 pinball7 newpinintown annod78 pmcombs wenge goodtimes cml pin-practice gearheaddropping playernumber4 pinmanz eroomnek twil4 hlaj78 michman48162
This is all just a fun quest, and I hope nobody takes offense at me asking here. You all have WOZ listed in your collections and you live in the Michigan part of the world. The OP on this thread was trying to find a specific WOZ (Std #530). He sold it more than 5 years ago, and we know it has had at least 2 owners since then. Do any of you currently own that copy?
And again, this is all for fun. It's only pinball. But if you're bothered that I asked, or bothered that I went through the Michigan owners of WOZ on the Pinside map, let a mod know and they will ... I don't know, bonk me on the head and tell me not to do it again? What's the punishment for bugging a whole bunch of people?
DaveH

You will definitely NOT be "bonked." Ask away.

#32 3 years ago

Sorry I can't help you, I bought mine brand new in the box and it's still here forever. We are close though, mines #527. Good luck in then search, I'm guessing it's going to turn up.

John

#33 3 years ago

Not mine either. Bought it new in box as well.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

So guys:
cleanandlevel akj5422 sacain67 attitude05 gr8pinball rob_smith jcourtland glmodular parker09 kenn66 legionsoup onewellbrewing drmolitor pinballlife dayhuff nonamefool kingbw nugilo92 adamgacek mrbally nugilo92 kingbw skipnatty misc90 bagajellydonuts defender detroit_pinball keeper006 pinball7 newpinintown annod78 pmcombs wenge goodtimes cml pin-practice gearheaddropping playernumber4 pinmanz eroomnek twil4 hlaj78 michman48162
DaveH

This was a nice thing to do. It's out there somewhere, and I hope pin15 and pinside doesn't give up the search until we at least knows where it is.

#35 3 years ago

Still on the search nothing yet. Thanks for all those that have reached out and tried to help. Like was mentioned earlier even if the current owner didn’t want to sell back it would be fun to find and track it’s history.

#36 3 years ago

Turned your Addams Family into a Wozrr yesterday !
Keeping an eye on this thread for your Woz to show up.

A7EAD859-1707-47E9-8E22-E1AF2EB3BE40 (resized).jpegA7EAD859-1707-47E9-8E22-E1AF2EB3BE40 (resized).jpeg
#37 3 years ago

Congrats on the WOZ looks nice to the wonka and gnr. That’s what my plan was. Have a Wonka and Gnr on order. Thanks for sharing.

#38 3 years ago

Following to see how this turns out. Hope you can find the current owner.

#39 3 years ago

Hope you find the one your looking for. I have #962, but keeping the look out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-woz-std-530?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.