(Topic ID: 195641)

Looking for Vancouver locations?

By Rdoyle1978

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Hi all - vacationing in Vancouver, BC after our Alaska trip. I found Pub 340 but wondering if there are other locations worth a trip downtown?

Thanks !! Loving it here

#2 6 years ago

Morning Rdoyle..landyaughts is a popular place for a beer/pin
    1146 union st
    There's movie land arcade on Granville St.
    Perhaps look up places to play pinball in Vancouver..be safe and enjoy your stay!

#3 6 years ago

Thanks! We are going to check out Movieland Arcade tomorrow. We walked all the way to Pub340 but they don't let kids in! I was .. let's just say "surprised". They had a full menu (and thus not just a "bar") and several other places allowed my son in (he's been playing pinball since He was 4 and is about to turn 8). I was particularly disappointed since that's the only location that has a DI.

#4 6 years ago

Here is a brief run down. In Canada liquor laws are different from the USA. Pubs, Taverns, and Bars have a 'No Minors' law. Restaurants with liquor licenses are open for all, and before buying any alcohol, food has to be ordered, how ever they may also have a separate Bar room, where Minors are not allowed. We even have a restriction on TV Monitor sizes and how many can be placed in a licensed restaurant.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Here is a brief run down. In Canada liquor laws are different from the USA. Pubs, Taverns, and Bars have a 'No Minors' law. Restaurants with liquor licenses are open for all, and before buying any alcohol, food has to be ordered, how ever they may also have a separate Bar room, where Minors are not allowed. We even have a restriction on TV Monitor sizes and how many can be placed in a licensed restaurant.

That is really interesting, thank you! I was not going to order anything from the bar - we were purely going to play, and since the establishment had a completely separate room (with a separate door and everything) I figured we would be ok. Disappointing since that's the only place which has DI in Vancouver, but we won't give up! Thanks for the rundown.

We are staying at the hotel Metropolitan, down a few steps from the art gallery where I am buying a couple pieces, so there seem to be quite a few choices close by.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-vancouver-locations and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.