New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 219248)

Looking for Tutorials

By AVH7401

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Snailman
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

The best I know of is PAPA's video tutorials on their youtube, or checking the rulesheets on papa or tiltforums. Sadly I don't think there's any unified source for listing them

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Not as deep as the PAPA stuff but fairly helpful if you just want a quick overview on a game.

Even the PAPA stuff leaves a bit to be desired as far as full tutorials go on newer machines. With just an hour of time Bowen can only cover so many rules so he tends to focus on just the popular strategies

Quoted from grantopia:

If you're talking about something that brings all the sources together I don't think there is.

Yeah, that's what I mean. It'd be cool to have a user-submitted site like pintips.net for just gathering all knowledge on the rules and play of each game together. It could link the PAPA tutorials, rulesheets, any other tutorials people have made, etc

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Fair and true. He does often assume the audience knows more than they do and sometimes I can't help but laugh a bit when some of the advice comes down to "live catch perfectly every time then just hit all the shots"

Yeah, there's more than a few times where they forget the simplest parts of the rules. Watching X-Men tutorial and Bowen begins talking about which modes are best to stack, how to play them etc, but never covered how to start a mode

Still trying to learn that live catch, but I'm getting there. It'd be cool to see Bowen do a series of tutorials without using any flipper skills and see how his approach would change, or just with him talking over someone else's shoulder

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from AVH7401:

Thank you to everyone who has responded. I should have included in the original post that I am usually looking for tutorials for brand new games such as the ones that Stern puts out. The on-location place I go to often brings in the new Stern games and I often have no idea what to do even after looking at the rule sheet. I know that PAPA makes great videos on older and more popular games, I particularly like the one they did on Attack from Mars.

For really new games probably no one knows completely. Even the instructional text on the displays of some new Stern games doesn't know how to play the game.

Tiltforums tries to keep updated but it's not always right. Check out Dead Flip on twitch/youtube, he tends to stream all the new sterns and gets deep into them, but it's not focused on being a tutorial.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    $ 199.99
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 88.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 199.99
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 49.95
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    2step’s shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside