1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Snailman
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from AVH7401:

Is there a source that has tutorials for specific pinball machines. I would like to find references that contain tips and strategies for reaching wizard modes, getting high scores, and explaining games in depth. Does anyone know where I could find something like this? I look forward to seeing what you guys suggest!

Bowen's PAPA tutorials are great. The Buffalo Pinball guys also do a brief tutorial at the beginning of each video but are more quick hits on how to get the main features and multiball going. Not as deep as the PAPA stuff but fairly helpful if you just want a quick overview on a game.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

The best I know of is PAPA's video tutorials on their youtube, or checking the rulesheets on papa or tiltforums. Sadly I don't think there's any unified source for listing them

If you're talking about something that brings all the sources together I don't think there is. I forget the exact title, but if you go to the PAPA YouTube channel page itself, they have a specific playlist for tutorials so you can scroll through them all instead of randomly searching around - but it's just PAPA stuff.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Even the PAPA stuff leaves a bit to be desired as far as full tutorials go on newer machines. With just an hour of time Bowen can only cover so many rules so he tends to focus on just the popular strategies

Yeah, that's what I mean. It'd be cool to have a user-submitted site like pintips.net for just gathering all knowledge on the rules and play of each game together. It could link the PAPA tutorials, rulesheets, any other tutorials people have made, etc

Fair and true. He does often assume the audience knows more than they do and sometimes I can't help but laugh a bit when some of the advice comes down to "live catch perfectly every time then just hit all the shots"

If OP is looking for pure rules, download the Pinball Arcade app too. You can flip through all the rules for free. Opinions on the game aside, I find it really helpful to learn the rules on an unfamiliar game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 9.95
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 41.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 115.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    $ 99.00
    Hardware
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 26.95
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 134.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,500.00
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    MicksPinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside