(Topic ID: 26014)

Looking for trade advise. Frankenstein vs T2

By TonyH

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have the opportunity to trade my Frankenstein for a T2 both super nice. My Frankenstein has no wear at all as close to perfect as I have ever had. The T2 is supposed to be equally as nice with a few LEDs installed. Local straight up trade. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Tony

#2 11 years ago

Frankenstein is worth more. Better game, too, imo.

#3 11 years ago

Owned both. Frankenstein sucked! I'd like to get a T2 back some day. Great Steve Ritchie pin. Do the trade!!

#4 11 years ago

Gameplay - I think MSF is a much better pin...I have never bored with a game as fast as I did with T2. It's probably a good location game but it has very little replay appeal.

Value - you would be getting the short end of the stick by a couple hundred.

You must be ready for a change so you should do so. Just not for a T2.

#5 11 years ago

If you are tired of the Frankenstein and no one ever plays it, then it's a good trade, assuming the T2 is equally as nice. But then again, T2 is one of my favorite movies so I have a soft spot for it.

If it's local and both sides agree, maybe loan them to each other for a few weeks and see how they feel with the rest of your lineup?

#6 11 years ago

Franky mucho bettero....Would ask for a little cash with T2 for trade...

#7 11 years ago

Thanks guys I like the frankenstien just seemed interesting for a sec. Looks like I will keep it.

#8 11 years ago

Good choice. I was bored with T2 the first day I had it.

6 years later
#9 5 years ago

I know this thread is 6 years old, but I figured it may help the next guy, it did me. A few days ago I traded my nice, virtually no modded T2 for a beautiful top notch Frankenstein. We were within 50 miles, so I said being as Pinside rates T2 ahead of Frank, he could come to me. I played T2 a lot "back in the day" when I hung out at a local bar. It was great. I thought it'd be so cool to have one. Never knowing 20+ years ago having your own pinball machine was a thing. About 18 months ago, pins started following me home, the 2nd being T2. It was awesome, it was T2 without having to hit the bar, which I stopped going to 15 years ago. I played the crap out of it for a couple of weeks. Then I stopped. I put it in a local brewery with a JP and it never got any plays, but boy did people feed the JP to see the TRex eat the ball. How could this be? T2 is so much better than JP(still have it, don't much play it). Brought it back home and there it sat, getting few plays. A local guy and Pinsider, who's brother I was buddies with in high school, started hounding me for T2. Told him I'd trade for his Shadow. I thought he was going to bite. No go. A few weeks would pass then he'd message again. I'd make another ridiculous offer. Finally he put pictures of his Frankenstein up on Facebook. The first thing I thought was it was very similar to JP, which I don't think much of. Same designer too, John Borg. Oh what the hell, I hardly play T2 anymore, it's just so boring. It's a great route game, but having it at home in a small(10) machine collection, not so much. Made the trade and I think I easily got the better end of the deal, but he probably thinks the same thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-trade-advise-frankenstein-vs-t2?hl=antennaman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.