(Topic ID: 14444)

Looking for TOTAN please help me find one!

By ovfdfireman

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Hey guys,

It worked for pinballer22, he found my MB so now I am looking for a TOTAN, anyone have one for sale or trade. I will trade plus cash

RCT
RFM
CSI
SWE1
No fear
Sinbad

Or just have cash and you can buy the pin you want

#3 12 years ago

Damn.. another person wanting a Totan!

I really have to scratch this off my list, having a feeling if I wait any longer, it's gonna be
damn near impossible to pick one up...

Good luck w/ your search - just stay away from Il. and the surronding areas!

#4 12 years ago

Theres one on ebay looks nice just needs some cabinet decals
ebay.com link: Pinball Tales Arabian nights

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Wow, that seems like a lot of cash for one with a faded cabinet. I guess I was lucky when I grabbed mine a few months ago. The price seems to have shot up quite a bit recently. Great game! Good luck with the hunt!

#6 12 years ago

I am counting on a bunch of these being played out about a year from now when everyone who bought one just because of IPAD fevor decides its time for a new LCD game : )

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Donnyman said:

Wow, that seems like a lot of cash for one with a faded cabinet. I guess I was lucky when I grabbed mine a few months ago. The price seems to have shot up a bit recently. Great game! Good luck with the hunt!

Gweem, did you get yours from the fella up north (Wis.)?

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I am counting on a bunch of these being played out about a year from now when everyone who bought one just because of IPAD fevor decides its time for a new LCD game : )

Is that what happened? The iPad is responsible for the sudden demand?

#9 12 years ago

I truly think so. As an example based on the theme I had no interest but after playing it on XBOX and the Ipad I fell in love with it. You can bet a bunch of new folks jumping in will look for tables they have been playing digitally before they branch out.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I truly think so. As an example based on the theme I had no interest but after playing it on XBOX and the Ipad I fell in love with it. You can bet a bunch of new folks jumping in will look for tables they have been playing digitally before they branch out.

Indeed. I think this has to be a contributing factor to why RBION has been climbing in price lately.

#11 12 years ago

Maybe I should sell mine while they're hot. Anybody want to buy a really nice TOTAN for 7k?

#12 12 years ago

I will be ready to pay about 6k come December. Just have to pay for the Tron PRO and TFLE first.

If its really nice...maybe : )

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Maybe I should sell mine while they're hot. Anybody want to buy a really nice TOTAN for 7k?

Keep it in Illinois - to me!!!!!!!!

#14 12 years ago

I dont understand the recent jump, dont get me wrong it is a great game just seems prices are getting really crazy lately. It seemed a few months ago these went for 3-4 based on condition. My friend sold a really nice example for 3.5k back in Nov-Dec. Crazy to seem them jump this much in a matter of months. Just shows how volatile the market is. I guess the market drives the prices though.

It is a very pretty game. If I need my fix I will just pop in my Williams Pinball Hall of Fame for Xbox 360

http://www.amazon.com/Pinball-Hall-Fame-Collection-Xbox-360/dp/B001L8DKM0

MM and TOTAN for $25

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

I dont understand the recent jump, dont get me wrong it is a great game just seems prices are getting really crazy lately. It seemed a few months ago these went for 3-4 based on condition. My friend sold a really nice example for 3.5k back in Nov-Dec. Crazy to seem them jump this much in a matter of months. Just shows how volatile the market is. I guess the market drives the prices though.

not sure it is only with some of the titles. I have seen a few that used to would have been snapped up, but have sat for a bit. There is a Banzai Run for 2750 on cl right now and I have seen it relisted a few times. If I weren't on a mission to get an IJ I would have emailed.

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

not sure it is only with some of the titles. I have seen a few that used to would have been snapped up, but have sat for a bit. There is a Banzai Run for 2750 on cl right now and I have seen it relisted a few times. If I weren't on a mission to get an IJ I would have emailed.

IIRC that Banzai Run was originally listed at $3,750. It has been sitting out there for months now. It will probably still be waiting for you when you are ready to pick it up.

Quoted from Tlamb:

It is a very pretty game. If I need my fix I will just pop in my Williams Pinball Hall of Fame for Xbox 360

This is my approach as well. Once these older games start going past the $5K mark I'd rather put my money into a NIB machine. I realize this means I will probably never own an MB or TOTAN the way things are going these days, but oh well...

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Tlamb said:I dont understand the recent jump, dont get me wrong it is a great game just seems prices are getting really crazy lately. It seemed a few months ago these went for 3-4 based on condition. My friend sold a really nice example for 3.5k back in Nov-Dec. Crazy to seem them jump this much in a matter of months. Just shows how volatile the market is. I guess the market drives the prices though.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/rec.games.pinball/banzai$20run%7Csort:date/rec.games.pinball/3P_5gf7y0cI/Ro_HmdLsOjEJ

Sounds like it is in pretty bad shape. If you could get it for a good price, might be worth checking out. Awesome game. Pat Lawlor FTW!

Todd

#18 12 years ago

I do think the Ipad has something to do with the resurgence of those pins. It has for me in anycase. I say this "sheepishly" as i feel i contributed to the increase in prices...i bought a nib lotr from you guessed it for $6295..just 3 months ago. Now they up to 8000 something. I wanted it bad enough that i paid the price. Back on topic...i want a totan as well after the playing the sh t out of it on ipad....and a tom and a rbion.

#19 12 years ago

Such a fun pin with limited production run of about 3100 I think. I can definitely see why it is climbing in price a bit. I never really understood why it was so much cheaper than some of the other A list pins since I like it better than most of em.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've had that thought myself, but I like mine enough that I'd have to replace it.

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

This is my approach as well. Once these older games start going past the $5K mark I'd rather put my money into a NIB machine. I realize this means I will probably never own an MB or TOTAN the way things are going these days, but oh well...

If you get a NIB, you may just find someone with a MB/TOTAN thats willing to trade for something NIB/CQ/etc..

-j

#23 12 years ago

Sorry - dibs, I asked last week

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-totan

#24 12 years ago

Well the good news is we are a lot more than "a few hours" apart, good luck on your search, I am not sure why I even want one but I do.....we will see what pops up

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Such a fun pin with limited production run of about 3100 I think. I can definitely see why it is climbing in price a bit. I never really understood why it was so much cheaper than some of the other A list pins since I like it better than most of em.

Fun and probably one of the most stunning pins from a viewing standpoint. They look awesome with extra gold plating on the apron etc.

#26 12 years ago

Awesome game, great theme and art, nice flow and goals. One of my favorites. If you find one grab it as the few that are left will find their way to people like me who will never get rid of them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-totan-please-help-me-find-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.