Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by PghPinballRescue
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 months ago

I'm looking for a good technician for bucks county pa 18917. I live in Dublin Pa. I want someone who carries all parts with him, so it gets fixed the same day. I also don't want to spend afortune, especially if they charge hourly. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have 5-6 games that need something. Terminator gun doesn't fire, Earthshaker 3 switches are out could be something with board, twilight Zone clock broken, few other minor thngs, Dracula mist multiball maybe optos, ( Magnet is new) ball doesnt stay in the home, and sound is not always wporking with lines on my dmd screen.

#2 8 months ago

Ray Brackins Wide Area Repair - no brainer...

#3 8 months ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Ray Brackins Wide Area Repair - no brainer...

Absolutely

#4 8 months ago

cool, do you know his contact information? thanks. Ps Do you know what he charges hourly, or does he charge per game depending on the issue? if not no biggie. I just wanted to have an idea. thanks.

#5 8 months ago

I got his number. thanks

#6 8 months ago

If that's between Pittsburgh and Erie, you're in my service area.

#7 8 months ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

If that's between Pittsburgh and Erie, you're in my service area.

I waze your town you have listed... Its 4-5 hours away.

#9 7 months ago

Does anyone know how how much ray brackins hourly rate, and if they charge you the rate for travel time as well? Just curious. I like to know what I’m getting into. Thanks

#10 7 months ago

I would call and ask Ray directly for the most accurate pricing information. But most people will charge a "service call" fee to get to your house, especially if you are 45 minutes or an hour away or more. Time, gas and tolls are big money and nobody can afford to eat that.
    You mentioned 5-6 games that need work. Some of the work can take some time to diagnose and fix like missing sounds, dmd lines, opto problems, etc. Sounds like several hours work at least plus parts. The parts could well include replacement boards, a DMD, optos, etc. I don't guess that will be cheap. I'd be amazed if you got away with less than a $500 bill. Could easily go $1000, and maybe more if your boards can't be repaired on-site. It is what it is unfortunately. But Ray is a good guy in the service world. He can fix it right the first time. There's not many others I would trust who are as proficient as Ray and who carry as many replacement parts with them as he does.

#11 7 months ago

I'm open to the idea of just picking up all the machines at once and bringing them to the shop for repairs. That way I can order parts as needed without making multiple trips.

I've got room for 7 in the shop plus room for more in my staging area.

I can fit about 7 in the van and another few in an enclosed trailer I have.

Just throwing it out there if you can't find anyone else.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside