• 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Spitfiren8
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 8 years ago

This is awesome.

#52 8 years ago

awesome +1

The only minor change that is not as cool as the stock 1.61 code is the sound effect when in Kobayashi Maru... The original sound when doing a successful shot is better than in this custom code.

Finally the lightshow when defeating the vengeance at the end of the multiball is shorter and less impressive compared to stock code 1.61.

But apart from this great job !

#53 8 years ago

So this music replacement comes in 5 bin files. Do you do the typical code update procedure and install all 5 bins in sequence?

#54 8 years ago

Choose the latest version with the number "0163" and install it normally.

#55 8 years ago

STLE0163.bin only and not the other 4 bins

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Sounds awesome, can't wait to give it a try. On a side note, is that Steve Ritchie's voice in the game? I heard him speak at a show and his voice sounds just like the voice in the game.

Yes, Steve is many of the call outs. Klingon callouts, and ball locks. He also does most of the AcDc callouts.

#57 8 years ago

STLE0163.bin only and not the other 4 bins

Yes. Only one (0163) BIN file.
This is the latest version.

#58 8 years ago

getting ready to do this , just to be sure do I uninstall the current code, then install (0163) ?

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

getting ready to do this , just to be sure do I uninstall the current code, then install (0163) ?

Just install the 0163 like you would any update. No need to uninstall. It will erase your high scores and settings too.

#60 8 years ago

thanks John

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

After the install make sure you crank the music to like -20 or so to really take advantage if the new music!

#62 8 years ago

sounds like I will need to upgrade speakers and add a sub .

#63 8 years ago

Anyone out there have a clean copy of Leonard Nimoy doing the "Space, the final frontier..." speech? By clean I mean just the dialogue with no background music.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

sounds like I will need to upgrade speakers and add a sub .

You NEEEEEED an external sub for this!

Seriously tho, for ~$80 its a no brainer after you hear how good it sounds.

#65 8 years ago

Yes...powered sub is a must

#66 8 years ago

Sub suggestions

#67 8 years ago

Polk 10"
You can run 2 pins on the same sub at the same time

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Polk 10"
You can run 2 pins on the same sub at the same time

Yep, Polk PSW10.

#69 8 years ago

Where can I get it ?
Is it plug and play or do I have to do the crossover preamp wiring crap?

That should work well with my TAF, Really Well !

#70 8 years ago

I just finished playing a few games with the new sound and it is Sweet !!!
Thanks guys. I can only imagine with a sub hooked up.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Where can I get it ?
Is it plug and play or do I have to do the crossover preamp wiring crap?
That should work well with my TAF, Really Well !

U can get em on amazon pretty cheap usually.

Just alligator clip directly to the game sub terminals and plug the other ends into the powered sub, observing polarity, and ur gtg.

#72 8 years ago

Sounds good
Thanks Nate

#73 8 years ago

One more thing , can I control the volume of the background music vs game play music/ sounds seperatly in the machines adjustments?

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

One more thing , can I control the volume of the background music vs game play music/ sounds seperatly in the machines adjustments?

Quoted from Spitfiren8:

After the install make sure you crank the music to like -20 or so to really take advantage if the new music!

Go into game settings

#75 8 years ago

You can also buy powered subs for $20-$30 all day long at flea markets and yard sales. I have another 4 subs sitting in my workshop and they get added to every game I sell or trade. Nice way to boost the value of a pin for little $$.

#76 8 years ago

I do have a Yamaha powered sub in the garage...image.jpgimage.jpg

But not sure this will work

#77 8 years ago

You need a cable like this so you have speaker wire connections for the pin since your sub has an RCA input. Just bought one for a sub I got at the flea market for $20 that didn't have speaker wire connections and only had the RCA input.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009B8EJYU

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You need a cable like this so you have speaker wire connections for the pin since your sub has an RCA input. Just bought one for a sub I got at the flea market for $20 that didn't have speaker wire connections and only had the RCA input.
amazon.com link »

Looking at your cable in the pic, might be able to cut off the RCA end, split the wires and good to go if you can identify + or - on the cable.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Looking at your cable in the pic, might be able to cut off the RCA end, split the wires and good to go if you can identify + or - on the cable.

That's what I was thinking, not sure though. But what about this,

So, if you have a Yamaha speaker that looks like the link below:
http://imgur.com/PmoYjtQ
You can insert your speaker leads DIRECTLY from the +/- of the Tron Cabinet Woofer to the GREEN BOXED speaker inputs in the image. If you just have RCA inputs (the circular ones that are marked out), you will need to get a speaker/line level converter I mentioned at Zapcon. You can definitely wire them in simultaneously (in parallel).
If you DO NOT follow my advice and wire stuff directly into the RCA, you are going to pull additional load from your onboard Tron AMP. This *may* work for a while (several pinside dudes do this, including Black_Rose), but eventually you will likely fry an amp IC or some other upstream board component. It will also sound like shit .
Good luck!
-Wes

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Yes, Steve is many of the call outs. Klingon callouts, and ball locks. He also does most of the AcDc callouts.

Steve actually didn't do the Klingon call outs. I forgot who did them, but he did a phenomenal job. Steve Ritchie did do the admiral Stevens call outs.

#81 8 years ago

did you guys set the music to 15 (max) on standard adjustments?

#82 8 years ago

Do not change the music-setting on the standard adjustments! Factory is "0"...this is the sound volume for all sounds (without music)
Go to Game Adj and choose "speech" and "music" volume (at the end of the menu)
- (minus) = Music or Speech get louder

#83 8 years ago

did you guys set the music to 15 (max) on standard adjustments?

I usually go into feature adjustments and set music attenuation to between -6 to -8 which increases just the music sound tracks.

#84 8 years ago

thanks guys, I was thinking that the + was more music

#85 8 years ago

Ernoe is awesome. Thanks for contributing to this thread.

I want to install the code

But I don't want to lose my achievements. Just set a my medal count at 22

#86 8 years ago

What happened to Cosmo? It shows he is deactivated, should probably search the forum for a reason.

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

What happened to Cosmo? It shows he is deactivated, should probably search the forum for a reason.

Guessing a violation of forum rules... Namely: IP violation.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Guessing a violation of forum rules... Namely: IP violation.

gotcha.

Anyone able to share the file for STLE?

#89 8 years ago

bumping this up, hoping to try out this code.

#90 8 years ago

I'd like the 1.63 Premium/LE version if anyone has a link.

Please PM me.

TIA

#91 8 years ago

Tried it for a while but went back to stock. It has a good mix of new music / sounds, but defeating the final Vengeance is really bad - game gets quiet with soft music. Very anticlimactic. Ufoman said it as well a bit earlier in the thread. That's the biggest miss for me on this code and enough to make me want to go back to stock. Nerfing the lights and sound on one of the main objectives was a big miss for me.

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Tried it for a while but went back to stock. It has a good mix of new music / sounds, but defeating the final Vengeance is really bad - game gets quiet with soft music. Very anticlimactic. Ufoman said it as well a bit earlier in the thread. That's the biggest miss for me on this code and enough to make me want to go back to stock. Nerfing the lights and sound on one of the main objectives was a big miss for me.

Wouldn't it be easy to use pinball browser and just insert th old music back into the alternate code for that part? Was just the music changed or were the lights, etc changed too?

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Wouldn't it be easy to use pinball browser and just insert th old music back into the alternate code for that part? Was just the music changed or were the lights, etc changed too?

Knowing that there is going to be one more polish update to the code i doubt anyone will change anything until then. I agree with the comments above about the Kobayashi Maru and vengeance.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Seems like it's more than just the music that was changed.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Seems like it's more than just the music that was changed.

Yeah the last Stern update was a huge overhaul. It is a shame that it made the Nosro music update method obsolete. The Nosro version was a LOT better than the one floating around in this thread. It was a big letdown for me after the awesome version I used to have. My advice to those still looking is to stop looking unless something better comes out. I am going back to the Stern version before I put up any more high scores.

I haven't had the time or I would sit down and bookmark all the songs in the new Stern code and update the Nosro method to use his song selections as much as possible with the new code. At that point if Stern does come out with a code polish, it should not affect the method and the songs should easily be able to drop into the latest updates.

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

If you like the factory music but want a dramatic destroy the vengeance victory laps music, give mine a go.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here's mine and I love it cause the theme music isn't over played like Some others. It only comes up when you destroy the vengeance. Fits nicely and does the game justice IMO. Feel free. It's labeled stle2, but it's the most recent code.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjy0j2ar91qasm2/STLE2.bin?dl=0

#97 8 years ago

Hey guys would love the code for the pro version.. anyone kind enough to pm me the file or a link to it? Please

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you like the factory music but want a dramatic destroy the vengeance victory laps music, give mine a go.

Hi ! Is this code the same as the ernoe one ?? Or still another ? What changes ?

Thanks a lot !

#99 8 years ago

I like the link for THE LE version,
Someone to send me the link?

Thank you

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I have a version but would like to try yours as the vengeance victory fanfare is not great ... I downloaded yours from the first page link on this thread... Is that the newest stern code along with your music update then? LE?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-stle-code-with-music-from-the-movie/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.