Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Spitfiren8
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 2 years ago

After so many people were able to get the IMVE code with Shoot To Thrill, Whiplash MB music and Tony Stark voice/ Ironman at end of game I wanted to see if someone could send me the STLE code with the movie soundtrack....My STLE had this cinema music when I got it but when the last code dropped it was lost with the update....Thanks

#2 2 years ago

Same here.

#3 2 years ago

I'd love it as well, should it be out there.

Thanks.

#5 2 years ago

My LE is begging for a better soundtrack.

#6 2 years ago

Any one have it for the pro?

#7 2 years ago

Here's mine and I love it cause the theme music isn't over played like Some others. It only comes up when you destroy the vengeance. Fits nicely and does the game justice IMO. Feel free. It's labeled stle2, but it's the most recent code.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjy0j2ar91qasm2/STLE2.bin?dl=0

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here's mine and I love it cause the theme music isn't over played like Some others. It only comes up when you destroy the vengeance. Fits nicely and does the game justice IMO. Feel free. It's labeled stle2, but it's the most recent code.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjy0j2ar91qasm2/STLE2.bin?dl=0

I appreciate you sharing this code....I would still like to get a code where the movie soundtrack is more integrated than just when vengenance is destroyed...

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I appreciate you sharing this code....I would still like to get a code where the movie soundtrack is more integrated than just when vengenance is destroyed...

Yea I hear you. I just think that's overkill. It's an awesome sound track that has a rewarding feel to it. That feeling is lost if it's overplayed and part of the main sound track....in my opinion. So I'd urge you to give it a shot.

#10 2 years ago

I have received a code for pro and prem/LE ... loading in now, I will report back later .... this code is chock full of movie scores and the video I saw looks promising...I just want to get permission from the pinsider who was kind enough to share his hard work with me that it would be ok to post it here .....

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea I hear you. I just think that's overkill. It's an awesome sound track that has a rewarding feel to it. That feeling is lost if it's overplayed and part of the main sound track....in my opinion. So I'd urge you to give it a shot.

I'm going to try a few versions (including yours) and get a feel for what seems to fit best...thanks for sharing it with us

#13 2 years ago

Yeah I would LOVE the Pro version

#14 2 years ago

When Stern came out with the major software update a while back it invalidated the music swap-out process that had been standardized here on Pinside because the indexing to all of the sound clips was changed. The music in the update was better than the original and it seems that no one ever went back and did all the leg work to make this mod easy again.

This is not my expertise or I would do it. Basically someone needs to go through the entire ROM in Pinball Browser and find all of the songs and write down the call-out numbers along with the song titles and the exact length of the songs. Then it is a matter of picking songs to replace them, putting the songs into the correct format and clipping each one the the correct length of the song it is replacing. Once the sound files are ready they can easily be dropped into the ROM image and a custom image can be saved. If Stern makes minor changes to the software, the songs can easily be dropped in again using the updated ROM image and a new custom image can be saved.

As I mentioned above the problem here came when Stern basically did a full overhaul of the software for this game (and made it a lot better).

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I have received a code for pro and prem/LE ... loading in now, I will report back later .... this code is chock full of movie scores and the video I saw looks promising...I just want to get permission from the pinsider who was kind enough to share his hard work with me that it would be ok to post it here .....

Id love to get a copy for the pro and give it a go...

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

.I just want to get permission from the pinsider who was kind enough to share his hard work with me that it would be ok to post it here

I would not do that due to copyrights in the music. The best way would be for one of the people who have made new ROMs to update the method in the following thread to work with the new ST code:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-all-music-replaced-with-music-from-movie-video/page/3#post-2364140

#17 2 years ago

I loaded the one I got tonight. I must say it's pretty freaking awesome, make sure you have a sub hooked up

#18 2 years ago

I haven't maintained this since I sold my Star Trek. I was told that the music lengths (and hence the edit points) have changed significantly in the recent code updates. If anyone with some basic music editing skills want to take the Acid configuration files and take over the project, the files are in the Dropbox link.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I loaded the one I got tonight. I must say it's pretty freaking awesome, make sure you have a sub hooked up

I have a feeling we have the same copy...it really kicks ass!

#20 2 years ago

To all those who are PM' ing me for the code please just sit tight....I will post link for pro and LE in this thread I am just waiting for permission from the source....I dont think he will have a problem with me sharing it as it seems he has sent it to multiple people...thanks

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

To all those who are PM' ing me for the code please just sit tight....I will post link for pro and LE in this thread I am just waiting for permission from the source....I dont think he will have a problem with me sharing it as it seems he has sent it to multiple people...thanks

Thats what I'm telling people also. I'm sure he'll be cool... just have patience

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I was told that the music lengths (and hence the edit points) have changed significantly in the recent code updates.

Exactly

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Awesome!!!!

#24 2 years ago

Following for future link!

#25 2 years ago

Yes I am following as well. Would love to try out the STLE code

#26 2 years ago

Any video of it in action?

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Well???

#28 2 years ago

Very cool would love to check it out

#30 2 years ago

Wow! awesome game play video. watching all those warp shots was awesome. And you play in as dark a room as me .

Someone please hook me up with this rom! please!

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Wow! awesome game play video. watching all those warp shots was awesome. And you play in as dark a room as me .
Someone please hook me up with this rom! please!

I believe that this is the code (posted above by NOSRO): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-all-music-replaced-with-music-from-movie-video/page/3#post-2364140

#32 2 years ago

Amazing how much this adds. Great work

#33 2 years ago

Wow!!!!!

#34 2 years ago

I believe this version is different than Nosro made..

I have been given permission to share via PM only... it is available for the pro as well, let me know what you need

Please pm me with request and I will send it over....keep in mind that I do have a job so i cant send them all day and it will probably be a few hours before I can send it

#35 2 years ago

With people sharing the code for STLE, and for IM, can I ask why no one wants to share their Metallica code, with different songs added in? I would sure like it if people would. Id be willing to make a donation to Pinside if people would be willing to share.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

With people sharing the code for STLE, and for IM, can I ask why no one wants to share their Metallica code, with different songs added in? I would sure like it if people would. Id be willing to make a donation to Pinside if people would be willing to share.

one work - NAPSTER

haha - no seriously I agree.

#37 2 years ago

I need the tron code next

#38 2 years ago

Im trying to get to everyone as quick as possible, there has been a lot of interest.....one thing I would like to make perfectly clear to those who have PM ed me thanking me for the work done to the code is that I had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of this code...A fellow pinsider was kind enough to share it with me and he deserves all the credit for the great work....I will let him decide if he wants to come forward to accept your compliments...hope you enjoy

#39 2 years ago

sweet! Thank you for resurfacing this

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I need the tron code next

WHAT?

There is Tron Code too?!

#41 2 years ago

Man that is killer, I want , I want

#42 2 years ago

Thanks Cosmo,
So I guess I dowload it to a flash drive and then install and download into the pin just like with the new code ?

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

WHAT?
There is Tron Code too?!

Oh yes there is

#44 2 years ago

Installed tonight on my pro. this sounds epic with the background music cranked up running on a sub! Great way to make the game feel fresh again. Thanks to the both of you guys!!!

#45 2 years ago

Does anyone have a sound bookmark file for ST v1.61? I would like to fiddle with this myself.

#46 2 years ago

Installing this today

MANY THANKS to COSMO

Will report back after install!

Rob

#47 2 years ago

Hi !

Is this code working with the premium models ?

#48 2 years ago

What do you need to install this? How hard is it?

#49 2 years ago

Latest Custom SW-Version is the 0163.

Quoted from golfingdad1:

I dowload it to a flash drive and then install and download into the pin just like with the new code ?

Yes.
Verify - No (Standard Setting)

Quoted from Ufoman:

Is this code working with the premium models ?

Yes.
Install the LE version.

#50 2 years ago

Sounds awesome, can't wait to give it a try. On a side note, is that Steve Ritchie's voice in the game? I heard him speak at a show and his voice sounds just like the voice in the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Sale Pending!
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.50
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 63.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside