Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by dasmb
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Im looking to buy a Simpsons Pinball Party. I'm just getting back into pinball, and recently bought a TZ for cheap but resold it because I never watched the show and couldn't get into it. I am a huge Simpsons fan, and I played the game a couple years ago. I remember it being challenging but fun (going to play it tonight) I've been looking around and posted a couple want ads on Craigslist. I talked to an operator today who has three on route that he wants to sell, but says he wants $5,500 for each one. From the research i've done, I thought they were worth $2,800-$3,500? He claimed he has sold several in the last few months around $5,000 and those were not as nice as these. I had another person on CL email me that he has one in his home, but didn't include a phone number so hopefully he gets back to me. I tried several different search terms to help determine prices, but the search is digging up a lot of irrelevant stuff.

#2 11 years ago

They are on the rise, like most machines lately. Last year ~3k is right. The figure now would more be ~3.5 -4k. I personally think anything above that is way too much.

#3 11 years ago

it's a great game! Good luck on the hunt.

#4 11 years ago

3.5 to 4K for routed, 4.5K+ for HUO seems to be the going rate today based on the last 6 or 8 sales I've seen.

Disclosure: I own a TSPP, so consider my opinion biased even though I'm basing the #'s on what I've seen/known to personally sell.

#5 11 years ago

No way would I buy one for $5500, especially one just coming off route. I picked one up last month that was HUO and in great condition for a little more than 4k.
That are not uncommon and come up for sale on here occasionally. I don't know where you're located but I would be patient and keep searching.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

No way would I buy one for $5500, especially one just coming off route. I picked one up last month that was HUO and in great condition for a little more than 4k.
That are not uncommon and come up for sale on here occasionally. I don't know where you're located but I would be patient and keep searching.

+1. Yep, they come up often enought that you should be able to get one at much better pricing than $5500.

#7 11 years ago

I agree. Especially for one off route.

#8 11 years ago

After WOZ comes out you fill probably find them even cheaper.

#9 11 years ago

$4-4.5K for HUO. $3-3.5K for routed with flipper button wear, worn I&S saucer, droopy garage, etc.

#10 11 years ago

Thanks everyone.

#11 11 years ago

I got HUO, I'd start at 4500 on craigslist, 4000 for a collector, 3500 for a good friend

#12 11 years ago

I had been looking for one for about 6 months or so. I had it in my head that I wanted to pay around $3000. One of my local vendors had one on route that was a little beat up that he threw out a $3000 price tag, but did not want to sell it because he was making money with it.

Found another business that said he could get one but wanted $3300 for it sight unseen, and I had to take it no matter what it looked like if I agreed to it.

Recently Saw a HUO go for $3800

$5500 fresh off the route? No freaking way.

#13 11 years ago

I have a HUO w/receipt I would not sell for less than 5K or trade toward an ACDC PREM. The game seems have gone up in value about 100 each month for the past 15 months. They are out there but it is certainly one of Stern's better efforts to date IMHO.

One thing to keep in mind is that the 2007 run of this title seems to be in slightly higher demand (a few hundred $ higher) due to better silk screening qualities overall and playfield art/clear coating issues with the 2003 runs.

I would say right now on this day in time, a routed TSPP for 3000-3500 would be a reasonable price.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I have a HUO w/receipt I would not sell for less than 5K or trade toward an ACDC PREM.

Ditto

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15 11 years ago

What do I get for a finders fee? LOL...
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=253739

Mike is a good guy, have no fears dealing with him. I bought a nice Batman forever from him about 6 months ago. I didn't see your location in your post though...Mike is in Eastern Iowa.

#16 11 years ago

I saw 2 go off the market for $3500 recently, I know one was in fantastic shape from the pics.
Id never buy from an Operator, Im sure there are a few good ones to deal with but all the machines in my area look like shit from not being cleaned for years and switch errors/weak flippers/burnt out bulbs.

#17 11 years ago

Oh and for the record, it probably won't bother you, but I am a huge Simpsons fan as well and the lack of female voices in the game is the only thing keeping this game from being the complete package. I loved mine when I had it, but that did drive me nuts after awhile. I still have the original, although it doesn't hold a candle to TSPP gameplay wise, but just from a sheer Simpsons collector standpoint, I favor the original.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

What do I get for a finders fee? LOL...
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=253739
Mike is a good guy, have no fears dealing with him. I bought a nice Batman Forever from him about 6 months ago. I didn't see your location in your post though...Mike is in Eastern Iowa.

Bummer, I would jump on that but i'm in Michigan.

#19 11 years ago

I bought mine in the last week. HUO for 4k flat. Condition for everything was impeccable minus needing new rubbers. FWIW I'm in Phoenix.

#20 11 years ago

$5500 is a kick in the nuts for HUO so as a routed price it's a clear sign to avoid that operator.

I think if you can score a HUO for $4k give or take a few hundie you did good.

TSPP is unquestionably my favorite game ever made to date.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Billm0066:

has three on route that he wants to sell, but says he wants $5,500 for each one.

LOL, you must be from MN?

#22 11 years ago

I paid $3800 for my HUO TSPP, but if you want a HUO under $4k, definitely wait.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

LOL, you must be from MN?

Not really sure what's so funny, but i'm from Michigan as I already stated. Unless it's an inside joke or something....

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Billm0066:

Bummer, I would jump on that but i'm in Michigan

The travel is half the fun... What are you looking at...about 12 hours round trip? That's a short run... I have done 10 hour round trips after work during the middle of the week, and then woke up for work the next morning.

Just giving you a hard time, TSPP comes up for sale often, I am sure you will find one.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Billm0066:

Not really sure what's so funny, but i'm from Michigan as I already stated. Unless it's an inside joke or something....

Im sure he meant an operator overcharging for a routed machine, there's one in every city

#26 11 years ago

^ding ding, wasn't a shot at all towards you OP (just sounds like you went to a place I know of around here).

But I agree with everyone, $5,500 for a routed TSPP is totally fishing and isn't even close to a fair price for the pin. I'd put a routed TSPP at $2,900-$3,500 depending on condition and typical wear (flipper cab wear, eject wear, build date, etc).

*edit* just re-read your post and you're spot on for the pricing of the pin, so definitely pass and keep looking for a private sale

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

The travel is half the fun... What are you looking at...about 12 hours round trip? That's a short run... I have done 10 hour round trips after work during the middle of the week, and then woke up for work the next morning.
Just giving you a hard time, TSPP comes up for sale often, I am sure you will find one.

In all honesty I would like something local or just get one shipped. I'm moving 12 hours away in January so I want to keep travel time to a minimum. I have to rent a truck when purchasing a game so that restricts how far I can drive too. A pinball isn't going to fit in a Saab 9-3 very well

#28 11 years ago

I bought a TSPP local (NY) for $3500. It felt like a good deal for both of us. This particular model played 100% (well, close enough) but did have some issues like typical wear for a non HUO and some minor technical and cleanliness issues like a broken plastic, a so-so Bart and a flipper linkage that broke 2 days in. For a theme this good and play this deep, $4000+ is not unreasonable -- but over that, the seller should offer some guarantees. TSPP can be a frustrating machine when it's in perfect condition; a machine that starts acting up deep in the game would be maddening.

PS the seller was a real class act, even drove the machine to my house when it became obvious it wouldn't fit in my wagon without taking off the back glass. I got more than my money's worth, considering this was my first pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-spp-need-info-on-prices and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.