(Topic ID: 114987)

Looking for Space Station playfield

By Neuweiler4

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I am looking to see if there may be a space station playfield out there somewhere that someone is willing to part with. The condition really isn't important as it just needs to be relatively playable. I am restoring my Space Station and my original playfield is being restored and I want to be able to play while I'm working on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

#3 9 years ago

I think that Playfield just sold on eBay.

#4 9 years ago

I have a NOS but that's not what your looking for. The one in my game has had the factory mylar on since day one and is beautiful, the only problem is the mylar is bubbling over the inserts. How much are they hitting you for the restor if I may ask? Yours is going to look beautiful when you get it back.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Neuweiler4:

I am restoring my Space Station and my original playfield is being restored...

Who is doing your playfield restoration? Did they have a problem moving the Mylar? Are you going to paint the inserts or use stickers?

#6 9 years ago

I did my own mylar removal and only have to do minor touch ups on the paint. The worst part was the paint on the large circular insert came off so I had to get an insert sticker set just for that one. The others were just touched up. We are working on the last touch ups and leveling and then we are clearing the whole thing. My uncle does auto body work so he is spraying the clear coat on it for me. He has just been busy with his job so I'm looking for any alternative I can because I'm getting anxious and haven't been able to play it in so long. That and I want to make sure all the electrical is good. The previous owners decided to rip apart the wiring and play with it so I'm rewiring it with the schematics rather than assume there is anything good there. Too many little problems on the playfield.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have a NOS but that's not what your looking for. The one in my game has had the factory mylar on since day one and is beautiful, the only problem is the mylar is bubbling over the inserts. How much are they hitting you for the restor if I may ask? Yours is going to look beautiful when you get it back.

The bubbling mylar is the only reason I'm doing the playfield restoration. I started to look at the electrical on it and noticed some other issues with it sitting from the previous owner so once I saw the bubbling mylar, I decided I would go all out and do the whole playfield rather than just clean and wax it.

#8 9 years ago

Yeah, this Space Station I have is the only one with bubbled mylar -- like a bizarre pattern (iirc it's mostly lower right). Thankfully, it doesn't affect game play at all, but it sure doesn't look great.
-mof

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Yeah, this Space Station I have is the only one with bubbled mylar -- like a bizarre pattern (iirc it's mostly lower right). Thankfully, it doesn't affect game play at all, but it sure doesn't look great.
-mof

I wonder what causes the mylar to lift just over the inserts? The inserts moving or air getting between the insert and the wood or the plastic just being to slick.

#10 9 years ago

I'm wondering if it could be the adhesives they use. For instance, the gases that come off of super glue. They just get trapped in there and the ball ends up ironing them through the ends.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-space-station-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.