6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gcpickers
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Bought this game this year to restore. Looking for detailed pictures inside the back box on the 100,000 and 10,000 unit at zero once game is 1st ball ready. Also a detailed picture of the "Start" relay wiring on the switch stack and adjacent relays. I'll be getting a schematic from PBR. This game was a major hacked prior, but running into score motor continuously running issues despite all switches to be correct throughout the machine.

Seems to me the game is mostly going through a correct startup sequence though a picture illustrating these areas would greatly help me verify. especially those pesky jumper wires. This is my first light box scoring machine, but not my first rodeo with EM's.
    Thanks all, Steve

#2 6 years ago

If no replies..try a search for owners of that game and send out a couple pms.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from gcpickers:

Bought this game this year to restore. Looking for detailed pictures inside the back box on the 100,000 and 10,000 unit at zero once game is 1st ball ready. Also a detailed picture of the "Start" relay wiring on the switch stack and adjacent relays. I'll be getting a schematic from PBR. This game was a major hacked prior, but running into score motor continuously running issues despite all switches to be correct throughout the machine.
    Seems to me the game is mostly going through a correct startup sequence though a picture illustrating these areas would greatly help me verify. especially those pesky jumper wires. This is my first light box scoring machine, but not my first rodeo with EM's.
    Thanks all, Steve

gcpickers? That name rings a bell. Are you the same gcpickers who has that beautiful Gottlieb 1960 Melody Lane on ebay right now and who nicely gave me permission to show those pictures on the IPDB?

I have a Lightning Ball. I recently added many pics of it to the IPDB but I will make specific close-ups for you if you please email me instead of posting here. I'm not always here.

Well, for that matter, some say I'm not always there.

jay at ipdb dot org

Jay

#4 6 years ago

Thanks everyone! Jay, I will email anyways for those pics to verify. I resolve the score motor issue using your pics on IPDB! Someone had a wire put in the wrong place on the reset bank. One problem solved but not 100% running though good progress. Now have a fresh PBR schematic for this hack cancer machine... Supprised this machine didn't burn down to include a house. Only have a few issues to look at. Even found a broken switch contact. Heavy duty one linking to either score motor or reset bank.

#5 6 years ago

Jay,
    I am that guy. I was going to send you melody lane pics, also have more

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-someone-who-has-a-1959-lightning-ball-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.