New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 267980)

Looking for some TZ parts

By pinhead_jack

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by pinhead_jack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Small Subway Chute Assembly (resized).jpg
P1010839 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

#1 5 months ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Wanted

wanted

Looking for some TZ parts

Added: May 6th, 2020 Re-listed: 1 time (June 17th, 2020)

Item description

Hello pinsiders,

I have been slowly collecting parts to start a TZ rebuild/restore project. Thanks to the help of a number of great pinaball-ers around the world I am getting close to having the parts I need.

I am still looking for the following specific parts:
1) Chrome apron guard bar
2) Mini-inside wire chute/ramp assembly (feeds the gumball) - A-16058
3) Small subway chute from skill shot to main subway [phone number removed]
4) 6 lamp board - A-16328 (I will use single lamps if needed)

Please PM if you have any of the parts available!

Thank you to all who have helped me get closer to building my dream machine.

Stay safe Pinsiders!

Item photos

P1010839 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an expired ad.

Item location

Lake Orion , MI, US

Seller insights

These are pinhead_jack's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to pinhead_jack's stats page

#3 5 months ago

Thank you for replying fast. I reached out to Starship late last year and they told me that the part they sell is actually A-16216, the gumball chute and not the small subway chute that connects to the main subway ramp (03-8826). I sent them another note just to be sure

#4 5 months ago

Just to close the look, Starship fantasy is selling the gumball chute (A-16216) and not the small subway (03-8826). So I am still on the hunt for the list of items above. But I appreciate the lead!

#5 5 months ago

Is this the subway ramp you’re looking for?

https://pu-parts.com/navi.php?qs=Twilight+zone&search=

#6 5 months ago

Thank you for the link qbass187, but that is subway for the gumball popper (A-16216), I am looking for the subway chute that runs from the skill shot to the main subway (03-8826). I am attaching a pic I found online of the part I am looking for. I appreciate a lead though!

#7 5 months ago

Are you restoring, or assembling one from scratch?

Subways shoulda clean up easily, and if you want that NOS look, flame polish 'em.

#8 5 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Are you restoring, or assembling one from scratch?
Subways shoulda clean up easily, and if you want that NOS look, flame polish 'em.

How is flame polish done

#9 5 months ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

How is flame polish done

There are several good videos on YouTube which go into detail on how to flame polish pinball ramps. You may want to try the URL below.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=flame+polishing+pinball+ramps

Gord

#10 5 months ago

My project is an assembly from scratch.

It started as a good playfield that came with a number of rusty parts (some rusty ball guides, two of the diverters, kicker, etc.). I have been slowly searching for parts over the past few years and the parts above are the ones I am missing at this point. The intent is to be a father and son project and TZ has been the holy grail machine for a number of reasons (watching TV show marathons together, Disney tower of terror ride, play of the game, etc.).

I know that building from scratch is a silly choice but I have watched for a project machine and not found one and now I am a few parts away from having the core elements to build. This started when my son was in 5th grade and I was into the hobby and he wanted to learn. Now he is going to start 9th grade and is at a great age to actually learn and do some of the work himself.

Thanks to some great pinballers we are close to having what we need! We have found parts from Brazil, Europe, Canada, Australia, and the USA. It has been a worldly adventure with some fun moments already but I am hoping that we can finish it up and then get it put together before he graduates high school.

#11 5 months ago
Quoted from pinhead_jack:

My project is an assembly from scratch.
It started as a good playfield that came with a number of rusty parts (some rusty ball guides, two of the diverters, kicker, etc.). I have been slowly searching for parts over the past few years and the parts above are the ones I am missing at this point. The intent is to be a father and son project and TZ has been the holy grail machine for a number of reasons (watching TV show marathons together, Disney tower of terror ride, play of the game, etc.).
I know that building from scratch is a silly choice but I have watched for a project machine and not found one and now I am a few parts away from having the core elements to build. This started when my son was in 5th grade and I was into the hobby and he wanted to learn. Now he is going to start 9th grade and is at a great age to actually learn and do some of the work himself.
Thanks to some great pinballers we are close to having what we need! We have found parts from Brazil, Europe, Canada, Australia, and the USA. It has been a worldly adventure with some fun moments already but I am hoping that we can finish it up and then get it put together before he graduates high school.

Love this!!!!

#12 5 months ago

Thanks qbass187! This is definitely a passion project for us. I am excited to go over the whole system and process with my son. Create a future pinhead(haha). I am certainly not HEP and this will be far from a collector machine but with each bulb that lights and coil that fires it will be an awesome feeling of victory.

For the parts that I am still missing I am trying to think through alternatives to see what I might be able to do. Like vacuum forming the subway, cleaning and modifying a trashed apron to fit, trying to use a different games ramp, etc. I prefer and hope to find the actual parts, and I have time before it is an issue, but there could be some "custom" parts required.

1 week later
#13 4 months ago

Updated the parts I am looking for after locating an apron and the right chute wire ramp assembly (By shooter lane) - A-16056.

The list is getting shorter!

1 week later
#14 4 months ago

I could of found the subway there is no photo to indicate which one it is so you will have to contact pps to find out but good luck http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-TZ-SUBWAY&Category_Code=GS-2684

#15 4 months ago

Thank you, I will reach out for clarification. My guess is that it is the rear through assembly, the straight one that runs to the ball popper. I am basing that guess on the fact that it is $50 which is the same price as that subway on two other sites.

But I really appreciate the tips and leads!!

1 week later
#16 4 months ago

Post bump and verification that the planetary pinball subway is the rear through assembly that goes to the ball popper, not the small subway connecting the skill shot to the main subway (image above). But I really appreciate the tips and leads!

3 weeks later
#17 3 months ago

Bump...I am still looking for the following parts:

1) Chrome apron guard bar
2) Mini-inside wire chute/ramp assembly (feeds the gumball) - A-16058
3) Small subway chute from skill shot to main subway - 03-8826
4) 6 lamp board - A-16328 (I will use single lamps if needed)

PM me if you have them available - Thanks!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside