apollo13-edharris (resized).jpg
driver board (resized).png
Untitled (resized).png
C5322A3D-16B4-4883-9FAD-0FBE8BA3C03E (resized).jpeg
FB19B714-A27F-45BF-ACCB-226D8FCB641F (resized).jpeg
picture2 (resized).png
untitled (resized).png
Screenshot at 2018-01-12 04-57-57 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Sounds like a short. Maybe something got together when you had the playfield out. Hopefully just blew a fuse. Look it over really good and see .

#4 6 years ago

Those wires with a diode for menue can definitely cause a short. A fuse should have blown. I would fix that and then start looking at if you are getting power. If anything blew on the boards after that.

#5 6 years ago

Not sure if you did or not, but you can get a false read if you don't take fuses out to check.

#19 6 years ago

Unplug the connection that controls that coil or coils to be correct from the mpu. That will isolate so you can work on switches and then get back to that problem which is probably connected to the switch issue.

#21 6 years ago

You can look at your schematic or by the wire color

#23 6 years ago

Wayout440 is correct you need to check those transistors after your done playing with your switches. If one is bad the coil will lock up again. Very good advice mentioned above.

#25 6 years ago

Post #11. Explains how to test for bad transistors. Then you can go to the next step. Important to focus on one thing at a time.

#29 6 years ago

It's going to be overwhelming until you start to narrow things down. You have to pick one thing. Go to YouTube and watch the pinball ninja video on LW3, I think it's the only video. Also watch the pinball repair of T2 that jack danger made I think it comes up if you type pinball repair. Both had multiple issues and you can see a good way of attacking this stuff. Isolation is a key and one thing at a time. I think it will help you so all this doesn't sound like Chinese.

#32 6 years ago

Could be a faulty transistor, wire,fuse,diode, ?? Watch those videos they will help you I guarantee it.

#34 6 years ago

Old coils and new coils not an issue. Check the serial numbers if you want to make sure they are correct. Then find out why they are not working.

#36 6 years ago

#37 6 years ago

#42 6 years ago

So did you check to see if coils are correct for your pin? Did you check to see if you have voltage at coils? I thought the videos would help as a reference on troubleshooting.

#44 6 years ago

Those are the proper coils. Now time to test for power to them and let me know if you have power at the coil.

#46 6 years ago

Digital multi meter

#47 6 years ago

Wait stop!!! Do you have a meter???

#48 6 years ago

This will show you a DMM and how it's used.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-some-help-on-williams-stellar-wars?tu=buzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.