Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kvan99
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LEDS.jpg
    Pink.jpg
    opmax blue.jpg
    20131102_171611.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballpete.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I have tried several brands of LEDS but none of them seem to have a very saturated deep purple color. The ones I have tried are very close to the color pink. Have any of had success finding a rich purple led? If so which company sells them?

#8 10 years ago

I got some UV LIGHTS FROM SOMEWHERE. But it doesn't put out very much light. I wish I could remember where I got them

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Which ones have you tried? Cointaker's a bit more pastel/lighter (closer to Pink)...but I found Pinball Life's "flat top" purples to be a deeper/richer purple.

Which ones are the flat top purple , these?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1881

1 week later
    #16 10 years ago

So after a little research I would say Niftey LED, Pinballbulbs, and Comet all seem to be the same shade of purple. I have some Ablaze on order and I will be ordering some from Cointaker to round out the test. I will report my findings when they get in.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

I am working on Purples, I do not like any that are available. UV does not put out enough light. If i discover something that works i will send to one of the suppliers to do there thing.

So far I would have to agree with this. The purples that I have found are almost a pink purple, and the one batch of UVs were very dim even though they were super brights. If you are successful please let me know.

#27 10 years ago

So I just got in the Ablaze 3 led and the 4smd. In my opinion the 3 led does have the best color of all of the lights I have tried so far but they aren't very bright. The 4 smd is plenty bright, and does look different than the 3 led. The purple is better than most of the others I have tried, but they still are not that violet purple color that I am looking for though.

#30 10 years ago

Right now in the Iron Monger inserts on IM. But also as accent colors on various games. I think a true purple could bring out some nice effects on various games. In stage lighting they use dichroic mirrors and the purple it creates is awesome. Maybe leds will get there some day.

The real quest has been to find a warm white that looks incandecent but I just dont think they exist. Close but no cigar.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

ETA is Jan 20th as of now, before the Holidays in the East.

I will be trying these for sure.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballpete.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-some-good-purple-leds?tu=pinballpete and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.