Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kvan99
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LEDS.jpg
    Pink.jpg
    opmax blue.jpg
    20131102_171611.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 10 years ago

UV is tricky, we know what we would like to see but a Single SMD can only put out so much light, and the
    distance needed to UV the material, as well as the material/paint itself.

At this time I am proto and testing the following in UV.

Any and all UV paint I could find. Invisible, high quality and color change.

The new bulbs being tested in UV are a 5 SMD tower, a 9 SMD tower, a 13 SMD Tower, 12V and some 6.3V,
    and a Flexible 8 SMD at both Voltages.

I am slammed with Holiday and regular orders, but should have a post over Christmas break, with at least some of these that are in house at this time.

For the Purple Bulb question, certainly any kelvin Adjustment will make it redder or more Blue, but in general,
    I have seen only slight variations in 3 SMD purple in the Market.

However, with other construction, there are other results.

As an example a Flux LED, I have as surplus in Purple. it is a 5 SMD that looks bluish to UV,
    a great look, but a short throw of light. Worth a try, but in Flux, purple is different.

In Pinball Life and Cointakers 3 LED and 4 LED, a more pastel purple is produced.

In our Op Max, which will return next month, the purple is insane, and brighter then anything in the market.

We are testing our 6 LED Fan which sets them at 45 degree angles, for another look.

So there are several choices, depending on what you are looking for,

In addition our 4/4 8 SMD GI bulb and our 4+1 Tower in Purple are in production.

That makes 8 different choices of throw, brightness, and 3 colors.

I only have a picture of blue at this time,

Art
    cometpinball

opmax blue.jpgopmax blue.jpg

#26 10 years ago

ETA is Jan 20th as of now, before the Holidays in the East.

11 months later
    #34 9 years ago

Twin 2835 Have been Sampled and our next step coming in Proto are These, with a purple Lens....

The Concept of a "Good" Purple usually means you want a dark puuuuuurple.
    Inherently impossible with a single Doped Diode.

So Resin Diodes are Pinkish
    SMD in all Sizes are darker, but not the dark purple in ones imagination.
    Op-Max Purple is the brightest diffused purple, and darker in the ring area of light, but as it disperses, it gets lighter...Normal for light.
    The Optix, or Super Flux Piranha, is a very different beast too, and is a medium light purple, but of uniform intensity,

Only with a colored lens will it be possible to darken.

Certainly everyone is free to disagree, but I think in Time, Money, and Product, I have over
    invested in this "Dark Purple Unicorn".

I hope the Purple Lens will make people happy, as I cannot come up with any other method, other then very tight blending of GB bulbs

Art

Here is a picture of our Pink Prototype....It is a very nice saturation...

Pink.jpgPink.jpg
    #37 9 years ago

They Are White Bulbs (Twin 2835, CT with original game) with a Purple Plastic Insert...hence the reason for a Purple Lens...

Quoted from Frax:

Sounds like you're about to make my wife happy. We want different colors for each diamond on the Congo playfield...for a second I thought I was gonna have to leave some of the colored incadescent in...Art to the rescue lol

I missed responding to your other post Frax.....I have you covered...
    We are testing Purple First, before we add other colors.....

Art

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-some-good-purple-leds?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.