(Topic ID: 137289)

looking for some Bank A Ball ball flags.....

By Sonora70

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Sonora70
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Needing numbers 12, 14, and 15

#2 8 years ago

This post is not in the correct area, couldn't figure out how to get it where it belongs!

#3 8 years ago

close enough... PBR

#4 8 years ago

30 bucks each they are not cheap I needed a #1 ball for my Flipper Pool

#5 8 years ago

PBR has them, but I can't find them on his website. As dude above says, they're not cheap.
    pbresource.com

#6 8 years ago

They are hard to find. Follow this link and scroll down about a page:

http://www.pbresource.com/pfplayf.htm

#7 8 years ago

Maybe a dumb question, will it work without them? Hard to justify $100 for 3 of them, I'm also missing the little metal brackets they attach to.

#8 8 years ago

Sure, it works but...

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sonora70:

Maybe a dumb question, will it work without them? Hard to justify $100 for 3 of them, I'm also missing the little metal brackets they attach to.

The pool balls themselves are one-piece molded hollow hemispheres with an arm that attaches to the armature plate on each of the corresponding relays. If you're missing the armature plate (is this what you mean by "brackets") then the game won't work properly.
    If it's only the plastic pool ball and arm that are missing, the game should function without them. I had a "Bank A Ball" that was missing five balls. The armature plates were all there though. I order the metal flags for "King of Diamonds"/"Diamond Jack" from PBR (I believe he still has these available). Then I bought a bag of 1" wooden hemispheres from AC Moore (wooden crafts section). I painted the hemispheres in the appropriate colors for each ball, and even made a numbered sticker for each one on the computer. Then I glued each ball to a card flag, trimmed them, and put the appropriate bend in the arm (they come straight). The card flags come with small rivets for attachment to the armature plate, and I used them to attach each ball/arm assembly to it's armature plate. The end result was almost undetectable if you didn't know they were replaced. It's a little bit of work, but unless you want to spend $30 a pop, you may opt for this fix instead.

#10 8 years ago

Agree with jr 100$ for balls with no juggling involved is too steep for a players game. I paid the 30 cause I needed just one of them. But Steve is the f'n man for EM Gottlieb

#11 8 years ago

That doesn't include the flags either... I need a ton and am like sol

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

The pool balls themselves are one-piece molded hollow hemispheres with an arm that attaches to the armature plate on each of the corresponding relays. If you're missing the armature plate (is this what you mean by "brackets") then the game won't work properly.
    If it's only the plastic pool ball and arm that are missing, the game should function without them. I had a "Bank A Ball" that was missing five balls. The armature plates were all there though. I order the metal flags for "King of Diamonds"/"Diamond Jack" from PBR (I believe he still has these available). Then I bought a bag of 1" wooden hemispheres from AC Moore (wooden crafts section). I painted the hemispheres in the appropriate colors for each ball, and even made a numbered sticker for each one on the computer. Then I glued each ball to a card flag, trimmed them, and put the appropriate bend in the arm (they come straight). The card flags come with small rivets for attachment to the armature plate, and I used them to attach each ball/arm assembly to it's armature plate. The end result was almost undetectable if you didn't know they were replaced. It's a little bit of work, but unless you want to spend $30 a pop, you may opt for this

Thanks for the tip.

#13 8 years ago

do you think with 3D printer technology now
    that someone could get these made for much cheaper,
    at least a basic blank to then be hand painted for specific number/color

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

do you think with 3D printer technology now
    that someone could get these made for much cheaper,
    at least a basic blank to then be hand painted for specific number/color

I have a guy that has offered to try. Going to see if he can get it done in the next coupke days.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-some-bank-a-ball-ball-flags and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.