2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SilverBallz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 2 years ago

We're tossing around the idea of adding a shuffleboard table to our basement... hoping that a few pinsiders owners can chime in on what to look for and what the minimum size should be.

Seems like price ranges are all over the map...as are sizes.

#2 2 years ago

I wouldn’t go any less than 12’ fit and if you can afford it I would go with a solid wood top over laminate as it can tend to separate at the edges

#3 2 years ago

I’m thinking 14ft might fit best... is that long enough to have competitive games? Or will it start to feel too short quickly?

#4 2 years ago

Maybe it's partly because I only played on a 22' Shuffle Board when I was in the teens,
and that's the size I have in the basement, but me myself, I couldn't go shorter..
I recently played on a Friend's 16', and if you haven't ever played on one longer, perhaps
it's fine, but for me it didn't do it..
Although I had never played one, I think maybe a 10 or 12' rebound shuffle may be an
interesting piece to play..

#5 2 years ago

22 is just too long for out space... perhaps 16 would work. How much room do you need on either end. I’m guessing at least 2 feet?

#6 2 years ago

Yes, very minimum of 2 feet. If I had room for only a 16' machine, it would probably be
a ball bowler..
Is there a place that sales different size Shuffle Boards fairly close by that you can try
out? Maybe you'll be fine with a 16 footer?

#7 2 years ago

Just remember a 12’ table will probably be close to 14 in complete length and 14’ be close to 16’ and so on. Agreed have at least 2’ space on each end for players 3-4’ would optimal

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Just remember a 12’ table will probably be close to 14 in complete length and 14’ be close to 16’ and so on. Agreed have at least 2’ space on each end for players 3-4’ would optimal

I’ve only played a few times but two feet on the ends seems way too tight. I would think at least three at a minimum?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside