(Topic ID: 42790)

Looking for shipping company other than NAVL. Recomendations?

By mcclad

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by mg81
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Need a machine shipped from what is considered a remote location that is not 18 wheeler accessible. NAVL will send out a smaller truck but will charge a shipping charge on top of a shipping charge. The amount would be really high. I have used them in the past with great success and I understand that they would have to make a special trip, but I am trying to find a shipper who will be able to do it for a reasonable shipping charge. I found a company with a good rep at a good price but the machine needs to be palletized which is not an option for the seller. If anyone has any info it will be greatly appreciated.

#2 11 years ago

I had success once with Uship in a similar scenario. The guy who did the pickup and delivery was driving a full size pickup and had an enclosed trailer. I just put it up for bid and wound up paying $275 for a thousand mile trip. Doesn't cost anything to put it out there for bid. Hope this helps.

#3 11 years ago

Fastenal will ship from any location to another Fastenal location. You have to put it on a pallet, but it is very reasonable to ship machines.

#4 11 years ago

Uship is a bad idea. You really don't know who is going to show up. Tons of horror stories out there.

Quoted from Player1:

I had success once with Uship in a similar scenario. The guy who did the pickup and delivery was driving a full size pickup and had an enclosed trailer. I just put it up for bid and wound up paying $275 for a thousand mile trip. Doesn't cost anything to put it out there for bid. Hope this helps.

All true except they will not insure the games. Essentially, they can destroy your game and then your out everything. Buyer beware.

Quoted from kovalski3:

Fastenal will ship from any location to another Fastenal location. You have to put it on a pallet, but it is very reasonable to ship machines.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Uship is a bad idea. You really don't know who is going to show up. Tons of horror stories out there.
    All true except they will not insure the games. Essentially, they can destroy your game and then your out everything. Buyer beware.

I'm sure that's very true. In my case everything worked out great. The guy had experience moving pins and arcades. As always, YMMV.

#6 11 years ago

Other than the TV show I have no info about UShip. I would really like to know others experiences with UShip, words of wisdom, insurance, picking a good bidder, etc.

I had not heard of Fastenal offering shipping. They are very conveniently located by me. Could anyone relay experiences with them? The will not offer insurance for your item, not at any cost? It could still work out for low end pins that would not be worth it to ship otherwise. Perhaps make up for the low cost by building the pin into a very sturdy box that could take a good hit (I am seeing a cube built up from free pallets).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-shipping-company-other-than-navl-recomendations and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.