(Topic ID: 197609)

Looking for sellers who will ship overseas (to Hong Kong)

By tetsuos

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by 7oxford
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I'm a collector living in Hong Kong, and I want to grow my collection of pins. I'm moving my company to a larger office soon, and I will have lots more room for keeping machines for my staff to play. Now I just need to find a way to bring in some.

Despite searching on and off for the last 17 years I've lived here, I have found only a single dealer (Jubilant) locally, and they usually only have NIB pins. So absent any local source, I'm looking for sellers that have experience shipping full machines overseas. I would prefer to buy from private collectors. Bulk deals (i.e. 4-5 machines) would be really sweet to save some cost on logistics.

Does anyone care to step up?

#2 2 years ago

PM Sent...

#3 2 years ago

Maybe you can buy it from American Pool. Based on Pinball News they sold an AC/DC in the past.

http://www.pinballnews.com/sites/americanpool/

I was there three months ago. In general, their pinball machines were in O.K to good condition.

On the other hand, you can keep your eyes on local auction site such as

https://hk.auctions.yahoo.com

I bought two pinball machines from above auction site four years ago.

Good luck

#5 2 years ago

Actually I made an offer to the owner of American Pool, since the machines haven't been serviced in ages (the Batman machine has a cracked/broken flipper bat). He came back and said he's not interested to sell and then offered to order new machines for me at twice the retail price from Stern (HK$90K). So I dropped that attempt.

I'll give Yahoo auctions a whirl in case there's a random private collector on there. The sole pinball dealer in HK, Jubilant, once told me he has around 100 clients and 30 private collectors in HK. I just wonder where all of them are hiding!

#6 2 years ago

$90k HKD is crazy.
    Wow! Really! 100 clients.
    Maybe you can buy a NIB from Homepin. His pinball machines are made in China at Shenzhen

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress

Hope you can find a few local pinheads in H.K.

Drop me an email if you came to NZ. I was born in H.K and moved to NZ many years ago.

#7 2 years ago

I have someone in HK wanting to sell me a Bally Playboy. Let me know if that interests you.

#8 2 years ago

I'm gonna guess the Playboy is from NEO Cocktail Club in NOHO, since they show that machine in pretty much every promo for the place, and it's only a matter of time until HADLA sends them a removal letter (unless it's on free play and anyone can play without buying drinks). I saw they also got a Ghostbusters recently.

I guess it depends how much they're looking for and the condition it's in. homepin Can u PM me with info?

1 year later
    #9 3 months ago

Hi, I just came across your thread. You could try pinsider pinny80 if you are looking for a nice A list Bally/Williams game. They are based in the Netherlands. I know people who had games shipped to New Zealand from them. Games are usually in pretty good condition.

Another option is BuyItaly. condition can be poor. If yourself or someone local can do maintenance and repair you could look at them. They can ship two pins per pallet. Contact
    Expandrea@gmail.com
    for a list of current stock.

Pinny80 details.
    http://diamondpinball.com/

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/pinny80

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 109.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    $ 6.00
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 7,300.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    £ 31.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 800.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    £ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside