(Topic ID: 200694)

Looking for schematics to old Big Choice crane machine with 2 buttons.

By Vaxkiller

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jpinb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Hi,
    I have a Big Choice crane machine that is the "2 button" variety (Up arrow, Right arrow, then after you release the right arrow it drops the claw and returns home) My boards have no chips on them, just diodes, resistors, caps, and 3 solenoids.

The reason I ask is at this point I'm at a loss as to what the problem is and I was going to use the "shotgun" approach (buy all new components and solder em on.

If you are interested, here is what is happening: I cant get the machine to go into start mode (I wired the coin switch to a basic push button switch on the door to start the machine play) So putting a coin in the door or pushing this button would normally activate the relay to start the machine, but it no longer does. The right arrow button does activate the relay for some odd reason, but it has no action with it. Moving the relays around - they all work in the right button slot, but the machine doesn't do anything. Moving the crane/claw away from the home position causes the crane to return to the home position. Disconnecting the crane/claw part - I still cant get the machine to "start" (the start relay should activate)

It's been working "okish" for years until a few months ago.

#2 6 years ago

Check continuity of wires to gantry assembly. I worked on many of these over the years. Common break points in wires is where they bend. Very seldom board problems. On the board small switch, 25 or 50 cents, few diodes 100 u f cap in coin circuit.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-schematics-to-old-big-choice-crane-machine-with-2-buttons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.