0221200845f (resized).jpg
0221200846a (resized).jpg
0221200847b (resized).jpg
0221200844c (resized).jpg
0221200847d (resized).jpg
0221200847c (resized).jpg
0221200845a (resized).jpg
0221200845 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrm_4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Looking for the schematics on this old machine, currently doing a restoration.... any one have any files on this or know where to get these schematics?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Pinballresource.com Try Steve Young

Yes, I will be ordering some parts for the machine with him, however in an email I was advised he didn't have anything on this machine specifically. Almost like it didn't exist. Its been interesting trying to find part numbers and what-have-you for this one.

#4 5 years ago

*wishful thinking bump*

#5 5 years ago

Bump

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from astyy:

I just watched a youtube vid of Bally Rocket and the owner said the original schematic is stuck inside the back. I've sourced missing information by contacting fellow owners on pinball owners - you only have 3 to go for so worth a shot!
Edit. 2 different owners listed on the Pinside map too.

Yes you can see in mine where it was glued or taped to the panel but its gone. I was considering PMing each owner. Might need to go that route

#9 5 years ago

Ok my mind is blown from this.... after several hours of sleuthing the interwebs I came across a pic of the schematics that NicoVolta posted from his tour! Does this count as "Finding" the schematics?

In the pic you see the pbr stamp however in emails PBR said they have no references on this machine....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nics-american-pinball-tour-aka-im-coming-to-fix-your-games/page/8#post-3723510

#10 5 years ago

Ok so I think this might be all im gonna get on this one... I took the pic NicoVolta posted and captured 4 screenshots and printed them.

8D16A89E-928F-4EF8-A311-DEE1BE21E8D5 (resized).jpeg8D16A89E-928F-4EF8-A311-DEE1BE21E8D5 (resized).jpeg
#11 5 years ago

incase anyone wants to do the same

Bally Rocket 1947 Schematics Full (resized).jpgBally Rocket 1947 Schematics Full (resized).jpgBally Rocket Schematics 1947 Bottom Left Corner.pdfBally Rocket Schematics 1947 Bottom Left Corner.pdfBally Rocket Schematics 1947 Bottom Right Corner.pdfBally Rocket Schematics 1947 Bottom Right Corner.pdfBally Rocket Schematics 1947 Top Left Corner.pdfBally Rocket Schematics 1947 Top Left Corner.pdfBally Rocket Schematics 1947 Top Right Corner.pdfBally Rocket Schematics 1947 Top Right Corner.pdf
#12 5 years ago

Im going to mark this thread as resolved, however if someone magically comes across this in the future and has an actual file or original please reach out to me.

1 week later
#14 5 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Nice catch! That was menacefire's machine. Ugh... what awful schematics they had back then.
The original hunch was correct: The problem was buried in the harness. Two wires touching through frayed cloth.

I might flag you down NicoVolta next time youre in northeast ohio. I cant figure out how this game works when you win free plays. Cant tell if it actually activates the free play coil by the coin slide mech or what. Seems like such a simple machine but the free play makes no sense and i cant seem to figure out how to light the super special. Lot of mystery hiding in the last 71 years of maintenance.
Also thanks for taking that pic forever ago!

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

It will depend on if you have it set to free play or novelty mode. If there is a coil beside the coin slide, it is supposed to push on a small dog which will allow the coin slide to push all the way in without a coin. Several games I've worked on have this intentionally misadjusted. Spend a bit of time playing with the coil armature and the coin slide until you can reliably push it with the armature pulled in, then try again.
I would imagine, but am not sure, that the game only lights super special at certain point intervals. If there is an obvious sequence to light special, light it, then step the 1000/10000 point steppers around and see if you see super special light.

What I have found is in Free Play mode the coil stays activated and the coin slide pushes in without a coin because of what you said. The little arm on the bottom of the slide is held up by the coil.

When in Novelty mode, you need a nickel to start and if you light Special, any hit to those bumpers advance the projector to show Free Plays won during the game (at least I think thats what the projector means) but the same coil under the coin slide never activates on Novelty mode.

As for Super Special, the score card says if these things are lit you win 50-95 free plays... No clue how that is possible on this game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-rocket-flipperless-restoration

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Each time you push in the slide in free play mode, one of the replays should subtract from the projector unit.
In novelty mode, they should all reset each time you push in the slide. They are treated instead as "millions" or "billions" of points instead of as replays.
Some games require changes in spring position on the projection credit unit or credit stepper to handle this change in mode. If you want it to work in free play mode, then it sounds like it's working fine?
Super special, if you haven't experimented as I described, I'm not sure. Since it increments to 50 and then to 95, the super score lock relay will stay engaged until it finishes paying. I'm still guessing that it happens at pre-determined intervals on the 10000 or 1000s units. IIRC from my schematic reading yesterday, there are also replays awarded based on score. Check for adjustment wires (probably soldered on) on the edge of the 1000s or 10000s unit. That'll tell you what the deal might be.

Thanks for the explanation on how these old timers should work. I'll reference this info later tonight while Im cleaning the components in the back box

#19 5 years ago

You were right bingopodcast ! I put it in free play (which i now know means AWARD FREE PLAY not constantly free play) and found that spring you mentioned. Hooked up the spring and as soon as i plugged it in it cleared the credits which hasnt happened yet. I put in a nickel to start. Manually hit a bunch of switches and the projector moved to 1 and the coil under the coin slide activated! The problem I had was the spring was in Novelty mode giving me the impression that free play ment just always active. Also a confusing thing is someone marked on the gear where 0 should be but it was WAY off. So what i thought was going back to 0 really was setting me up at around 90 some free plays.

1 year later
#21 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Digging up an old thread. I recently acquired one of these. I'll check the back box for the schematics tomorrow. Maybe I can take it to Staples for a scan if it's any good.

Just saw this!
Any luck?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrm_4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-schematics-for-1947-bally-rocket?tu=mrm_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.