10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by turbosl2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hi gang I have a nice working rescue 911 and I wanted to upgrade to a full led kit but I can't find one for my machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

#2 10 years ago

Also have lord of the rings but Balrog gets stuck any suggestions on a fix?

#3 10 years ago

No kit is out there. Best thing to do would be to look at the inserts and color match with LEDs. You will want a non-ghosting bulb for this machine. I just finished doing mine, and all of the inserts (like most Gottliebs of this era) are bayonet style 44s.

#4 10 years ago

forget the kit. some kits are very well designed, but many aren't. the best results are achieved by opening up your game and figuring exactly what bulbs you want where. make a list. (6x 44 green, 4x 44 blue, 35 warm whites, 10 warm white flex heads ...) and then head on over to cointaker or whoever.

color-match the inserts, and get frosted bulbs for any locations where the bulb itself will be visible, otherwise they will be kinda harsh on the eyes.

#5 10 years ago

^^^ I second this. You'll save $ in the process. Give Art at Comet Pinball a shout if you are looking for bulb suggestions... he's really easy to deal with

#6 10 years ago

+1 to what is said. No having a kit could be a blessing as this forces you to make your own. If you still want a kit then I'd recommend calling up Melissa at Cointaker. They may not have one but they normally will work with you on putting one together.

#7 10 years ago

Ive decked out a few machines putting my own LED sets together via Comet Pinball and i'll never go back to pre packaged sets again.

#8 10 years ago

I just recently did my Tee'd Off (another gottlieb sys3) with LEDs and didnt bother with the kit. Went simple enough and Im a complete noob when it comes to this stuff.

I actually placed a small order first just with a variety of bulbs (color changers, different colors, etc etc) to try out a couple different variations before placing my large order covering the majority of the machine.

1 month later
    #9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sevydog:

Hi gang I have a nice working Rescue 911 and I wanted to upgrade to a full led kit but I can't find one for my machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Did you ever get the LEDs in. I have the same machine and thinking the same. Although I may just do the whites that show and keep anything behind a colored plastic untouched (incandescent), depends on the price really.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-rescue-911-led-kit-cant-find-one-anywhere and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.