(Topic ID: 296451)

looking for repair on Stern Sopranos CPU

By SteveCT

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sopranos (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

Hello,
    Having limited success with a stern sopranos. kicker is not disengaging. Replaced transistor, tested coil diode, tested continuity from coil to board, tested optics. Has a brand new coil / diode in it.
    re-tested everything several times. re-traced my steps with the troubleshooting and repair process. Can not figure this one out.
    Just want to send the board to someone for testi9ng and repair at this point. Whos is the best? Thanks Steve

sopranos (resized).jpgsopranos (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

Clive at Coin-Op Cauldron. Though last time I spoke to him he had at least a month backlog. That could've changed though. Worth the wait, in my opinion.

#3 2 years ago

Chris Hibler at Chris's Pinball Repair.

#4 2 years ago

I've had work done by Clive and he's been excellent - thorough and communicates well.

I may have a spare CPU and power board in my parts closet from TSPP that would work in your Sopranos if you are interesting in buying them. I think the cpu board may be one repaired by Clive.

#5 2 years ago

ChrisHibler does excellent work.
    Borygard also highly regarded http://lockwhenlit.com/

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-repair-on-stern-sopranos-cpu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.