4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by bob_e
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

clip_(resized).jpg
    walls_009_(resized).JPG
    pinglass_002_(resized).JPG
    game_room_004_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    DSCN2644.jpg
    DSCN2643.jpg
    441971-i.jpg
    drew-example.png
    SF-Beer-Week-2015.png
    DSC_0363.jpg
    DSC_0364.jpg
    1437704775175.jpg
    20150614_182942.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Looking for anything to enhance my game room walls with the pinball theme. Translites, fliers, etc. Anyhing to increase the pinball theme. Thanks

#2 4 years ago

Get yourself some Pinsanity posters. High quality, screen printed art from a trusted member of the community.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsanity-v40-posters-limited-t-shirts#post-2490126

image.jpg

#3 4 years ago

Wish they were larger

#5 4 years ago

Planetary Pinball has some really big and cool wall clings which are pretty neat.
    http://planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT

#6 4 years ago

a little opaque projector you can project+magnify+trace any images onto the walls..
    then "paint by numbers" so the walls themselves are totally pinball. after that adding some decorative stuff to the full mural background, as an idea anyway..

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

a little opaque projector you can project+magnify+trace any images onto the walls..
    then "paint by numbers" so the walls themselves are totally pinball. after that adding some decorative stuff to the full mural background, as an idea anyway..

I have gotten this far with my pinball hobby and my wife. If I start painting the walls with pinball murals that will probably start a whole new problem with her.

#8 4 years ago

aww bummer, thought this was for a large dedicated game room. I used little opaque projectors a lot when I was doing stained glass work, great toy for making cartoons.

#9 4 years ago

That projector sounds pretty dam cool though. Maybe someday

#10 4 years ago

Reach out to practicalsteve and see if he has a way of shipping ya some of the posters he sold at Pin-a-Go-Go this year. They are pretty awesome: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-unofficial-2015-pin-a-go-go-thread/page/17#post-2440793

#11 4 years ago

I have actually taken the whole side of a pinball cabinet cleaned it off so it would lay flat and screwed them to the walls of my game room. I have a Star wars, Jungle lord, six million dollar man , t-2 , Captain fantastic and a couple of really colorful bingo machines.
    I leave the flipper buttons in . they take up a lot of wall space witch is good if you have a big game room. Also there are 2 sides so you can share one with a buddy or sell / trade the other .

This is just one of the many things I use for wall art of coarse Back glass is always good too .

Brian Lenker
    Ortonville Mi.
    586-344-0721

#12 4 years ago

These are suspened from my ceiling, but could be screwed to the wall like Brian says. I've done nine different ones which is enough and I'm out of space for any more......LOL.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi
    269-979-3836

IMG_0053.JPG P1300487.JPG // Error: Image 419773 not found //
    #13 4 years ago

IMG_0053.JPGP1300487.JPG

Pictures didn't show up the first time for some reason....Hopefully this time?

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek,MI.
    269-979-3836

#14 4 years ago

those look VERY cool John, are they cut-outs from actual sideboards? same could be done mounting a decal to sanded painted ply, might be a nice for sale item and look great on a wall maybe mounted with standoff spacers. (3/8 ply saving shipping weight?)

#15 4 years ago

Yes they are all actual cabinet sides that were from parted out games that I aquired over several years just for this project.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Yes they are all actual cabinet sides that were from parted out games that I aquired over several years just for this project.
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

That's awesome right there!

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

Looking for anything to enhance my game room walls with the pinball theme. Translites, fliers, etc. Anyhing to increase the pinball theme. Thanks

Oh man there is soooo much you can do, it just depends how much money you want to spend. Here are some of mine.

IMGA0653.JPG
    IMGA0726.JPG
    IMGA0727.JPG
    IMGA0737.JPG
    IMGA0739.JPG
    3 PF.JPG
    Creech 2.JPG
    GR 11.JPG
    GR12.JPG
    SW Lit.JPG

1 week later
    #19 4 years ago

How about this:
    354444.jpg

#20 4 years ago

I highly recommend Hobby Lobby for pin art and for making toppers. There is a separate mancave section. Don't forget the clearance section; they always have game room related art, etc. Recently got some awesome Monopoly art to hang over the pin.

#21 4 years ago

And for me, framing and hanging a pinball backglass is the best way to go. I love a good backglass. They do not even need to be lighted.

#22 4 years ago

I bought this clock on etsy.clock.jpg

3 weeks later
    #23 3 years ago

Made these cheap with a couple of canvas frames, some owners manual cover print offs, and some mod podge.

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

#24 3 years ago

Kind of a nice way to display all the games, now and in the past.

#25 3 years ago

John, this was my attempt to create a cutout. It turned out way better than I had hoped. Thanks for the inspiration.

20150614_182942.jpg

1437704775175.jpg

1 week later
    #26 3 years ago

I made these lighting flippers this week. Want to recreate an insert next. Suggestions on a good one to do?

DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0363.jpg

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from jimbeam42:

I made these lighting flippers this week. Want to recreate an insert next. Suggestions on a good one to do?

DSC_0364.jpg DSC_0363.jpg

Jackbot - "HIT ME" lol

#28 3 years ago

It's only 24x18 inches, but I really love this poster ...

http://sfbrewersguild.org/store

SF-Beer-Week-2015.png

#29 3 years ago

There's a new screenprinted pinball-themed art series available now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-art-prints

Light Em Up by Drew Millward

3 weeks later
    #30 3 years ago

Nice B&W pinball photo is now available. I don't know why the forum thread hasn't been auto-generated yet, but here's my market listing:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/23972

441971-i.jpg

#31 3 years ago

Here's a wall in my apartment. Put some LED christmas lights behind the inserts on Police Force. The one below I have RGB LED strips around the edge of the playfield shining in.

The little frames are pinball patents I printed out from Google and put in cheap Ikea frames. Very happy with how they look. Planning on printing larger ones once I get some more walls.

DSCN2643.jpg

DSCN2644.jpg

2 months later
    #32 3 years ago

I just wanted to let all know that my website is up and it contains some pinball / arcade related items. I mostly use nicer woods out of the norm, highly figured, anything that looks wild to me. I'll be making translight / arcade marquee boxes and have a nice pinball rotisserie that works great. I also frame pinball / arcade puzzles, posters, etc.. Check it out, I can bring a few items on Saturday to FPF if anyone has interest.
    Thanks, Bob

http://wildwood4.com/index.html

1 month later
    #33 3 years ago

Just got all of my Stan Fukuoka prints framed.

image_(resized).jpeg

5 months later
    #34 3 years ago

I had some backglass custom framed..... Yep it was pricy do to odd sizes.

Or you can hang you glass direct using the clips used to hold up mirrors, Image from Home Depot.

Or just frame pinball advertising.

game_room_004_(resized).JPG

pinglass_002_(resized).JPG

walls_009_(resized).JPG

clip_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 8.95
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 109.99
    $ 149.00
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 499.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 24.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 99.95
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside