11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by ricko62
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 months ago

My local pinball repair guy has entered another line of employment and I am in need of an experienced technician to maintain my small collection (esp. WoZ, ToM). I'm in Rockville, Maryland, but anybody good in the DMV area would be a good start.

#2 11 months ago
    Quoted from ricko62:

My local pinball repair guy has entered another line of employment and I am in need of an experienced technician to maintain my small collection (esp. WoZ, ToM). I'm in Rockville, Maryland, but anybody good in the DMV area would be a good start.

No time like the present to learn to keep your pins in running order. There's plenty of help here, and the tools would cost you less than one service call.

#3 11 months ago

<wave>, neighbor.

"experienced technician to maintain my small collection" covers a _lot_ of ground, from "nothing happens when I turn them on" to "I don't know how to change the burned-out bulb."

1 week later
    #4 11 months ago

The thing is, I work hard and make a decent living, having little to do with electronics and the like. When I'm at home, I'd like to just relax and get my head into my amusements, a big part of which are my pins (Fireball, ToM, WoZ, SM, SPP, MM). I can do very minor stuff, like replacing rubbers and burnt bulbs. Beyond that, I'd like to have a guy come in every few months to take care of some maintenance and repair issues (e.g., WoZ: monkey not picking up ball at the top, ToM: treasure box not rotating properly and spontaneous "Slam Tilt"). For my peace of mind and the sake of my pins, it's better that someone else more knowledgeable/experienced take care of them. But it seems these techs are a dying breed. Just need a good one within reasonable distance!

#5 11 months ago

I don't know if Jim will travel that far but Jim from JT Amusements is about as good as you will find as far as a "fair & honest" repair guy. He loves the hobby and his life pretty much revolves around pinball so he does it for all the right reasons. Jim & I have been friends pretty much ever since I got into the hobby and I can't say enough good about him.

He does do it full time and that is how he makes his living so he isn't as cheap as some of the "part time guys" but typically he can find & fix issues faster than most repair guys so you are paying someone that will get it done quickly - not spend 3 hours on a 15 minute repair. Since most techs charge by the hour fast is important. He doesn't cut corners - he just has the experience it takes to get the job done quickly.

Try touching base with him and if he doesn't travel that far he might be able to recommend someone in your area. Just Google JTAmusements to get his contact info.

#6 11 months ago

I've heard people recommend "pinball Paul". But I have not used him.

https://www.pinballpaul.com/

#7 11 months ago

Thanks guys! I'll give them a call.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 289.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 17.00
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 74.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pin Monk
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 249.00
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside