Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

17854909_637932886413171_5940807213301705448_o (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moonduckie78.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 5 years ago

I owned a bar in Orlando for much of the 00's. We had a NIB Simpsons Pinball Party.

It's a crazy tough business. This is not something you can just set up, and let it 'run itself'.

Prepare to forfeit your personal life.
    Prepare to sleep very little.
    Prepare to deal with crazy people on a daily basis.
    Prepare to break up fights.
    Prepare to deal with insane amounts of peoples' personal drama.
    Prepare to become comfortable with generally seeing people at their worst behavior.
    If you decide to bartend yourself, prepare to assume the duties of a de-facto pharmacist, clergyman, and therapist all at the same time.
    Prepare to constantly be on the lookout for employees who will tell themselves that giving away free drinks to their friends SOMEHOW ISN'T stealing from you.
    Prepare to have a very comprehensive (and expensive) Liquor Liability Insurance policy, so you don't have to worry about defending yourself and your business against folks who will actually try to SUE YOU for serving them alcohol before they made the poor decision to get behind the wheel of a vehicle.

There are a thousand more points I could list, but my PTSD is starting to kick in already.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Prey tell...who owns the term “barcade”?

PRAY tell........why, it's the Barcade Company, of course!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barcade

#20 5 years ago

Oh, and if you have TVs, and you want to show NFL games (even just the free games on local networks...not even talking about Sunday Ticket) the fucking BMI and ASCAP music mafia may actually try to shake you down for a "Licensing Fee" for the background music the network and/or the stadium plays during broadcasts!!!!!

INSANE!!!!

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from lord_norm:

Id love to sell liquor but the license is about $100k. Hopefully i can work up to it and eventually upgrade to the full liquor license.

In Florida (other states too, I'm sure) you could apply for a 'Special Food Service Establishment' Liquor License. It is SIGNIFICANTLY less expsnsive than the standard bar/tavern '4 Consumption On Premises' license....but it has certain restrictions. You need to serve food!

"Must have 2,500 square feet of service area, be
    equipped to serve meals to 150 persons at one
    time, and derive at least 51 percent of gross food
    and beverage revenue from the sale of food and
    nonalcoholic beverages. May not operate as a
    package store and may not sell intoxicating
    beverages after the hours of serving or consumption
    of food have elapsed. License may not be moved to
    a new location."

#39 5 years ago

also......

BEWARE OF ANY PROFESSIONAL LIQUOR LICENSE CONSULTANTS!!!

ALL the ones I have encountered have been larcenous thieves.

#56 5 years ago

One night at my bar, after-hours, I witnessed a very 'free-spirited' bartender receive cunnilingus while sitting on the lockdown bar of my TSPP.
    Those were some crazy days!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moonduckie78.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-pinball-barcade-owners-for-advice?tu=moonduckie78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.