• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Otaku
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161119_104223 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

This sheet of paper is normally found stapled inside the body cabinet. Thanks! Need it for actual reference on a repair.

Otaku

(Note, as far as I'm aware these things aren't really reproduced so/and it's not as taboo as sharing schematics)

#2 7 years ago

Bump for the morning crowd.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

can do later today once i get home.

Great, thanks a TON!

#9 7 years ago

Huh, weird. Oh well, thanks guys. I guess this means I need to buy the schematic? Shame, I only need the switch locations. (Yes, I know, I should anyways...)

If anybody wants to tell me the location for the ball count unit reset, that works too.

Found this online for Flying Carpet, doubt they are universal:

4. Through a switch that has been closed on 'S' relay, the 'SB' relay, total play meter and reset ball count unit are actuated by switches on motor 1A and motor 2C.

#10 7 years ago

Helped out in PM by two different guys for a very good combined result. Thanks!

#12 7 years ago

My issue was the ball count unit was resetting but not all the way. It reset fine "emulating" a proper reset pulse by hand using the same amount of force and speed but as soon as I tried to let the machine do it, it would only reset back a ball, or two, or three. The previous ball count unit was godawful and I spent hours at the York show trying to rebuild/fix it, so I ordered a new (to me) one a while back which helped the machine greatly but I was shocked to see I still had this reset issue even with a totally different unit with 100% new-to-that-machine parts that operated freely and eventually figured it must be that the score motor switch must not be making good contact or contact for long enough so then I asked on here what switch it was.

Thanks to the help of two guys here from Pinside once I finally got back to the machine it was a 5-10 minute fix. Had to very slightly adjust the contacts and looked very closely with a flashlight to see the smaller-than-hairline gap between the contacts (newbies: make sure you check carefully for this when troubleshooting!), I'm sure they needed cleaning as well which of course they got. They are now properly adjusted and make proper good contact.

It is interesting to see something like this. I am sure there is a very very small threshold for something like this happening, I've never seen a good unit "half-reset" before due to something like this, it would have to be an incredibly short 'pulse' as even the real thing is pretty fast. Very interesting.

For anybody else looking at this, the switch was on 2C, second/middle switch.

Another random slightly-irrelevant helpful note as I'm picky, the aforementioned ball count unit I bought was from a 1973 Gottlieb Pro Football. I went into it knowing how it worked from my own (correct) suspicions and comparisons: This specific unit has two extra contacts for controlling the special ball outhole kicker on that game (no shooter rod/lane) but the unit will work just fine in other games single-player games with shooter lanes. Just leave those two extra contacts "blank"/unused with no wires going to them, as you may guess. Wire up the rest of the unit the same as the other was - these extra contacts are on the end and easy to differentiate them as the out of place ones, so you do not need to jump or skip any contacts. If your Pro Football is missing a ball count unit: it will not work the other way around(!), although some modification and hackery adding a new switch to the stack of the back may work somehow - but that's beside the point and I was going from Pro Football to Sky Jump (very easy), not the other way around anyways and that hackery nonsense was just mentioned incase anybody is. Enjoy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-picturescan-of-gottlieb-sky-jump-score-motor-chart?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.