3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DugFreez
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E739C756-ECDE-498B-9D54-5A4161C59F6B (resized).jpeg
    83C09C53-D69B-443B-AC52-90048E778863 (resized).jpeg
    JP DX 525 yellow off (resized).JPG
    4A6D2BB9-F1ED-4C71-B645-FDAA37DA2DDD (resized).jpeg
    08CD6C7C-077A-44D0-AFEC-29B1442D6D2E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago

I find the hard part of finding pictures to compare the surrounds is to find pictures with the game (and light kit) off. As it is, with the light kit on...the color of the surround is being effected by the light kit color. So it is pretty hard to gauge what surround color will match the games trim the best. Having said that...some surround colors let the lights effect it more than others. Generally the lighter the color...the more easily (and more colors) it can be changed to by the light kit.

On Jurassic Park LE....I would go with green to match the green side rails. The green surrounds I have are a dark hunter green shade. I'm still convinced the only reason the LE got gold from the factory was because they were The Munsters LE left overs. Even if you want to stick with gold....my gold surrounds are better than the factory surrounds with the light kit because they do allow the light to shine through them.

I have a JP premium and used yellow on it. Here's a pic of it with the game off. It's not like there is a lot of yellow to match to, but with the lettering on the premium name plaque, the trim of the JP logo and the flipper bats and flipper buttons...it matches pretty good to me.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

JP DX 525 yellow off (resized).JPGJP DX 525 yellow off (resized).JPG
    #7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Purdue:

I purchased my game used with the leds already installed, but i believe they are the stock gold LE ones. I prefer them over the yellow myself.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

My gold mirror surrounds allow the light to shine through them. Here's a video....factory LE surround on the right and my gold mirror surround on the left.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-pics-of-jp-with-525-lighted-speakers-and-rings?tu=dugfreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.